MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Seattle dealers are down to MSRP

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle dealers are down to MSRP

Good Chevrolet in Renton, WA is now doing MSRP deals. I think others may be too. Buzz is finally wearing off. I expect an emerging national trend of MSRP orders to be available from larger local dealers.
    '03 4Runner V8 4x4
    '16 Subaru WRX STI
    Corvette coming soon

The “S” in MSRP is “suggested” as dealers are independent and free to set their own price. That said, mass communication has done a lot to level the playing field.
    TPW 2-Mar now 9-Mar

Comment

Originally posted by LightningBolt View Post
      The “S” in MSRP is “suggested” as dealers are independent and free to set their own price. That said, mass communication has done a lot to level the playing field.
      Im just waiting for auto makers to undertake the Tesla model with set prices and no unnecessary middle men. The purpose dealerships used to serve doesn't exist anymore.
      '03 4Runner V8 4x4
      '16 Subaru WRX STI
      Corvette coming soon

Comment

Hummmmnnn, Seems like your sold on the Tesla Brand-Possibly you might want to pursue that. Personally being a electrical automotive technician I see the Huge drawbacks of that brand.
        Rocket City Florida

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
          Hummmmnnn, Seems like your sold on the Tesla Brand-Possibly you might want to pursue that. Personally being a electrical automotive technician I see the Huge drawbacks of that brand.
          You have to love their new pickup, it looks like something out of a 1950's sifi movie.

Comment

Originally posted by tbs156 View Post

Im just waiting for auto makers to undertake the Tesla model with set prices and no unnecessary middle men. The purpose dealerships used to serve doesn't exist anymore.
            The dealers are a strong political lobbying group. In many, if not most,states, manufacturers cannot sell cars directly to the public, and Tesla has had several legal fights over its model.

Comment

In addition they have iron clad contracts with the auto manufacturers that have been tested in court. I would imagine the auto manufacturers would love to get rid of dealers, but there's no way they can do it. Tesla is testing the water on every aspect of the auto industry, and have found it toxic along the way. They have the greatest PR system established, with lots of Tesla butt boys carrying their water. But every couple of years they come back for another couple of billion to keep going, while they lose money on every sales model. I guess Elon figures if he can get "too big to fail" he can force government to keep the bail out going. How much do you think the US tax payers have already put into Tesla? It is built on the Silicon Valley model, and is among the largest scams ever perpetrated. If one pulls back the curtain there's very little there. He has an idea an access to a lot of funny money, but little else.
              Ceramic Gray Metallic Z51 w/TT interior Spec Grey Wheels

Comment

Good Chevrolet in Renton, WA is now doing MSRP deals. I think others may be too. Buzz is finally wearing off. I expect an emerging national trend of MSRP orders to be available from larger local dealers.
                Good Chevy serviced my cars when I lived in Auburn. I am glad they went to MSRP as they were 5 over during the C3 era. I had to go east to buy as all Seattle dealers were over list. Charlie aka cutnout

Comment

I have noticed that we might be at the tipping point where most dealers are now at MSRP. Doesn’t mean the minority won’t still ask more and that there will be some desperate to get one who will pay $5K over.
                  GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Of course, the trade-off is that you can't negotiate a better deal. In any case, your wait is likely to be a long one. Auto dealers pay a lot to state and local politicians to maintain their grip on retail sales. In many states it's illegal for the manufacturer to sell direct to the consumer, so Tesla has set up "showrooms" where you can look at the cars, maybe take a test drive, but not buy them. You then go home and order the car you want online. In Connecticut, I believe, they haven't been permitted even to do that.
                    SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                    >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Tesla is the Kardashian of manufacturers ….usually the most shorted stock in the market.....the dealership business model is not going away as long as people want to shop for cars and make trade ins ......and have them serviced and repaired locally..... Musk is the PT Barnum of his generation...." A sucker born every minute ".

Comment

My experience with dealers OMG can be great or a disaster. Lost bank checks. Titles not delivered as promised. Titles not transferred correctly like not filled out. Equipment missing on cars. Don’t get me started on sales people. They are the last people to talk with on the long chain of doing a deal. It’d just a hit or miss experience in car shopping.
                        There is one dealer I will order new corvettes from and that’s been great. But I’ve only ordered 2 in my life. Most are bought off the lot new or used . Plus I buy a lot of other makes. Jaguar, Porsche ,Shelby, and BMW. It doesn’t matter they all have different problems that can happen.
                        RED ,C8. 2LT Z51.black wheels and trim. .... Order status 3400 TPW 3/2.....VIN. 1906.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeC8 View Post
                          My experience with dealers OMG can be great or a disaster. Lost bank checks. Titles not delivered as promised. Titles not transferred correctly like not filled out. Equipment missing on cars. Don’t get me started on sales people. They are the last people to talk with on the long chain of doing a deal. It’d just a hit or miss experience in car shopping.
                          There is one dealer I will order new corvettes from and that’s been great. But I’ve only ordered 2 in my life. Most are bought off the lot new or used . Plus I buy a lot of other makes. Jaguar, Porsche ,Shelby, and BMW. It doesn’t matter they all have different problems that can happen.
                          Among the dealer capers I have experienced:

One took my deposit for a used car. Then, told me the financing bank "lost the title". After two weeks, still no title. I cancelled the purchase. I suspect what happened, they discovered a prior lien on the car that had never been satisfied. This was a major chain of dealers in the Boston area.

Another dealer sold me a car....then told me the car was previously sold, But they had another car, like it, but with more accessories, at a higher price. Told them to cancel the sale. And within an hour, the "other car buyer" agreed to take the more expensive car.

BMW dealers trying to sell me new tires, brakes, etc. when going in for a simple oil change.

A Chevy dealer in my area. I went in with an ad from a dealer 100 miles away, and asked if they could match or beat it. After sitting there for almost an hour, the salesman comes back with an "offer" no different than his starting offer.

At this point, I have a favorite GM dealer, and a favorite BMW dealer, and they are both transparent and non deceptive. Everyone else, I avoid.

Comment

I feel I have been lucky to have Haselwood Chevrolet in nearby Bremerton, WA as my chosen dealer. I placed my order back in July and MSPR was their policy with only $500 deposit.
                            C8 Coupe, Zeus Bronze, 3LT, TU7, HUE, GUI, CF7, EFY, EYK, J6N, NPP, E60, STI, VQK

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

Of course, the trade-off is that you can't negotiate a better deal. In any case, your wait is likely to be a long one. Auto dealers pay a lot to state and local politicians to maintain their grip on retail sales. In many states it's illegal for the manufacturer to sell direct to the consumer, so Tesla has set up "showrooms" where you can look at the cars, maybe take a test drive, but not buy them. You then go home and order the car you want online. In Connecticut, I believe, they haven't been permitted even to do that.
                              The best deal you can negotiate with a dealer is what Tesla sells their car for. They don't have a middle man to pay. You aren't negotiating the base price of the car, you are negotiating how much profit the dealer will get from your sale.

Good point about it being illegal. I thought capitalism was about free market? Conservatives do get themselves a little confused sometimes.
                              Last edited by tbs156; 12-19-2019, 01:51 PM.
                              '03 4Runner V8 4x4
                              '16 Subaru WRX STI
                              Corvette coming soon

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X