Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 12/12: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...=21905&type=0#
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
See more
See less

2020 Corvette Ordering To Restart in December; GM Kills Production Ramp-Up Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imaposer
    replied
    Originally posted by Classic-Chevy-Guy View Post
    Will the mix of Coupes vs Convertibles be constrained by each dealer in January or could a dealer order all convertibles for the January order cycle?
    I doubt anyone can answer that definitively at this point. I'd guess there will be limitations on how many they can order.

Leave a comment:

• Classic-Chevy-Guy
    replied
    Will the mix of Coupes vs Convertibles be constrained by each dealer in January or could a dealer order all convertibles for the January order cycle?

Leave a comment:

• Imaposer
    replied
    Originally posted by C8broughtmeback View Post
    John, given your explanation, is it conceivable that those toward the middle to end of the folders might get their C8 quicker if they switched from coupe to convertible?
    Nope. With there not being separate allocations for the convertible, and looking like all constraints will be off when ordering resumes, wherever you are is where you will be. Should be real easy for dealers to place orders though. No more shuffling through the list figuring out what orders can be placed.

Leave a comment:

• C8broughtmeback
    replied
    John, given your explanation, is it conceivable that those toward the middle to end of the folders might get their C8 quicker if they switched from coupe to convertible?

Leave a comment:

• Kirby Montgomery
    replied
    Originally posted by John View Post
    Happy to help you Kirby. Short answer is because Mike Furman told you so. As you know, his word has been his bond for 42 years of selling Corvettes and why he is the # 1 Corvette salesperson ever with over 4,250 sold so far. But more than his 1000% honesty and integrity, he has a list of everything, with folder placed one behind the others in turn by that time and date stamp. To address your exact question, here’s how the specifics work for Mike’s customers.

Your folder, which since you placed a deposit down with Mike years ago, remains exactly where it always has, in the early, forward part of those folders. On the top it lists ME coupe or ME convertible. Yours, after he called you in September and you said “ change us to a C8 convertible,” got changed — so now on the very top of that folder is not just the time/date stamp and also your name, but now ME ‘vert.

When Mike gets word of the first consensus we can start to place HTC orders (which we have recently learned starts sometime in January) , he will again start at the very front and find yours very, very close to the front since all those coupe orders have long been placed. Of course, dependent on the number HTC folks ahead of your or not in that time and date stamped list, yours could go in the very first week of HTC allowed allocations, perhaps not until a round or two after that.

Hope this is helpful.
    Very helpful, thank you! Also got a note from Mike confirming I will be among his earliest HTC orders when HTC ordering commences, possibly in January! Thanks much!

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    Happy to help you Kirby. Short answer is because Mike Furman told you so. As you know, his word has been his bond for 42 years of selling Corvettes and why he is the # 1 Corvette salesperson ever with over 4,250 sold so far. But more than his 1000% honesty and integrity, he has a list of everything, with folder placed one behind the others in turn by that time and date stamp. To address your exact question, here’s how the specifics work for Mike’s customers.

Your folder, which since you placed a deposit down with Mike years ago, remains exactly where it always has, in the early, forward part of those folders. On the top it lists ME coupe or ME convertible. Yours, after he called you in September and you said “ change us to a C8 convertible,” got changed — so now on the very top of that folder is not just the time/date stamp and also your name, but now ME ‘vert.

When Mike gets word of the first consensus we can start to place HTC orders (which we have recently learned starts sometime in January) , he will again start at the very front and find yours very, very close to the front since all those coupe orders have long been placed. Of course, dependent on the number HTC folks ahead of your or not in that time and date stamped list, yours could go in the very first week of HTC allowed allocations, perhaps not until a round or two after that.

Hope this is helpful.

Leave a comment:

• Kirby Montgomery
    replied
    John, so, I am on Mike Furman's deal folder list. I got a call from him in September as my deal folder came up, and I said we would wait for the HTC. At the time, that meant that we would await HTC allocations, and I would be close to the top of the list for HTC allocations. With the recent announcement that there will be no specific HTC allocations, do you know how Mike works my deal folder into the ordering process? It would seem my time/date stamp folder moves back in front of anyone who has not yet put in an order , when HTC ordering becomes available? I could ask Mike, but based on your prior responses on this it appears you know how Mike works this process. Thank you!
    Last edited by Kirby Montgomery; 11-09-2019, 01:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JB
    replied
    Maybe Im the only one who would think of employees lost 2 months of work and income it would be a much better christmas for the kids if mom and or dad made back the income they lost during the strike?

of course it would be voluntary...meanwhile Id image many of the hourly workers would love to grab extra pay?

even if it were not every weekend...it could be every other?

could just be finishing touches ..i have no idea whats involved...

i just think some workers would want extra money...

dont hourly workers who lost two months of income want and appreciate the opportunity to make up some hours..

Leave a comment:

• 68roadster
    replied
    Originally posted by JB View Post
    Any word if bowling green will be working weekends to increase production?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Lumberg.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	189.3 KB
ID:	88731

Leave a comment:

• Busa Dave
    replied

im glad bowling green has a double shift....now lwts just consider a weekend shift as well...at least for a short burst to keet pent up demand...

im sure the bowling green facility would enjoy having its workers there on the weekends...

think of it as it as the bowling green plant has fun and exciting dates on the weekends with its UAW pals that they so sorely missed...

maybe just Saturdays and leave Sunday or the third shift late at night for maintaince.

run that plant for all shes worth...
    I think you know GM will do whatever to maximize profit on every build. The supply Chain has more to do with this than most people realize. If the parts are not available then 24x7 production will not work and even then there are many issues especially on a non mature manufacturing process. No doubt GM will want to get product out the back door doing whatever it takes to help earnings. It is going to be an exciting couple of months to see what develops especially because this is the holiday season.

Leave a comment:

• JB
    replied

im glad bowling green has a double shift....now lwts just consider a weekend shift as well...at least for a short burst to keet pent up demand...

im sure the bowling green facility would enjoy having its workers there on the weekends...

think of it as it as the bowling green plant has fun and exciting dates on the weekends with its UAW pals that they so sorely missed...

maybe just Saturdays and leave Sunday or the third shift late at night for maintaince.

run that plant for all shes worth...

Leave a comment:

• Frenzy36
    replied
    They should have scrapped September as well and allowed those who had deposits in years ago to be among the first production runs. It would only be the right and fair thing to do now that there are no longer any type of constraints. I also realize they will only produce certain colors when they feel like producing them , so it will still leave some sitting and waiting on the sideline. ( Hopefully they will produce a AYM Car for us to see now) . I can see this creating a Huge Headache and massive order changes as people now have time to rethink.
    Last edited by Frenzy36; 11-08-2019, 01:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• WillRockwell
    replied
    Sounds like I should sit with my dealer on December 1st, is that about right?

Leave a comment:

• Tbob
    replied
    My order was entered in September and was recently emailed a tpw of 2-24...my spec is pretty loaded other than cf so I am glad to be early and confident that parts won’t run short.. this news is really about a change in production methodology, interesting...

Leave a comment:

• Busa Dave
    replied
    Convertibles move right in to coupe allocations as well...you guys are celebrating and thats great but somehow this could get ugly...

Real fast.
    Agree 100%. Going to be many more changes as this fluid situation continues to develop over the next 3 months or so.

Leave a comment:

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
Working...
X