Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 12/2: https://eogld.cloud.gm.com/NASApp/do...ehicleID=21905
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
See more
See less

2020 Corvette Ordering To Restart in December; GM Kills Production Ramp-Up Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Corvette Ordering To Restart in December; GM Kills Production Ramp-Up Plans

Click image for larger version

Name:	110719_9b.jpg
Views:	2889
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	88501

Cross-posted at CorvetteBlogger:

We finally got some good news regarding the ordering and production of the 2020 Corvette Stingray via our friends at Kerbeck Corvette in Atlantic City. Here’s the latest info on constraints, dealer ordering and even some more good news regarding the ordering of the 2020 Corvette Stingray Convertible.

Before the start of the strike, Chevrolet was expected to open the ordering process is September (which they did) and then there would be one order submission period per month from September through December. After orders were submitted in September, the strike happened and then everything was put into limbo. Now that the strike is over, Chevrolet has shifted the start of production to February 2020 and has been working internally to gear up for that start.

During the original planning period, Chevrolet was going to start C8 production in December and then gradually ramp up the build process by first starting with a core set of colors and equipment options and then each month another couple of colors and more equipment/options would be added. Our understanding is that’s no longer the case.

Chevrolet had previously canceled the October’s order submissions due to the strike, and now November’s C8 order submissions have been canceled as well. December will now feature two C8 Corvette order submission periods with dealers allowed to submit any color, option or trim group available on the 2020 Corvette Stingray Coupe.

That’s right! Once the order submissions start happening in December, there will be no expected constraints on colors, trim packages or equipment items as was originally expected. That’s way more fair for the potential buyers who put their names on a list long ago only to see the spots slide because Chevrolet wasn’t going to build their cars until week 10, 11 or 12.

2020 Corvette Stingray Ordering

We also received official confirmation today that ordering for the 2020 Corvette Stingray Convertible will open in January 2020. Chevrolet will not have a separate allocation group for the new model and dealers will not receive separate earned allocation numbers. What this means is that dealers will have to work in the convertible orders to their existing allocation numbers.

Although not yet confirmed, we believe that production of the 2020 Convertible Stingrays will begin in mid-to-late April or early May at the soonest.

Read more at CorvetteBlogger.com:

https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2019...p-up-schedule/

Huge news every which way. Thank you CorvetteBlogger! So worthy of reposting its “meat.”...

What has changed?

December. After orders were submitted in September, the strike happened and then everything was put into limbo. Now that the strike is over, Chevrolet has shifted the start of production to February 2020 and has been working internally to gear up for that start.

During the original planning period, Chevrolet was going to start C8 production in December and then gradually ramp up the build process by first starting with a core set of colors and equipment options and then each month another couple of colors and more equipment/options would be added. Our understanding is that’s no longer the case.

Chevrolet had previously canceled the October’s order submissions due to the strike, and now November’s C8 order submissions have been canceled as well. December will now feature two C8 Corvette order submission periods with dealers allowed to submit any color, option or trim group available on the 2020 Corvette Stingray Coupe.

That’s right! Once the order submissions start happening in December, there will be no expected constraints on colors, trim packages or equipment items as was originally expected. That’s way more fair for the potential buyers who put their names on a list long ago only to see the spots slide because Chevrolet wasn’t going to build their cars until week 10, 11 or 12.

We also received official confirmation today that ordering for the 2020 Corvette Stingray Convertible will open in January 2020. Chevrolet will not have a separate allocation group for the new model and dealers will not receive separate earned allocation numbers. What this means is that dealers will have to work in the convertible orders to their existing allocation numbers
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

No November consensus nor allocations. However, everyone is going to be treated as an equal when they reopen in December regardless of color, trim or options. That is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by C8Driving View Post
        No November consensus nor allocations. However, everyone is going to be treated as an equal when they reopen in December regardless of color, trim or options. That is nice.
        I agree but for people that had orders (December 2, 9, 16,) in the pipeline and could not order trim or wheels due to constraints might wish they had an opportunity to change or add. Overall will make a lot of potential buyers happy and smart GM changed strategy,​​​​​​.

Comment

Originally posted by 1-2-b-67L89 View Post

I agree but for people that had orders (December 2, 9, 16,) in the pipeline and could not order trim or wheels due to constraints might wish they had an opportunity to change or add. Overall will make a lot of potential buyers happy and smart GM changed strategy,​​​​​​.
          Yeah, I don't think Kerbeck will let me make any changes to my order, unfortunately.

Comment

Hoping my Blade Silver order moves from #1100 to #2000 to #3000 / TPW, with the two December order submission periods with dealers allowed to submit any color, option or trim.
            GAN Blade Silver Metallic; DXO Midnight Gray Full Length Dual Racing Stripe; Z51; FE4 Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; AH2 GT2 Napa leather seats; TU7 Seats Two-Tone Jet Black/Adrenaline Red; R6X Custom Interior Trim and Seat Combination; 38S Adrenaline Red custom leather stitch; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6F Bright Red Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; 5JR vis CF mirror caps; ERI Battery Protection pkg.

Comment

Are the two December DOSPs expected to complete the initial 3 month allocation window?

Comment

"December will now feature two C8 Corvette order submission periods with dealers allowed to submit any color, option or trim group available on the 2020 Corvette Stingray Coupe."

Very important info CorvetteBlogger. I will communicate this to my sales person at my "smaller" dealer to assure she is aware. I'm #2 on their allocation and currently at 1100. Thanks for your excellent contributions to the forum.

Comment

With a current allocation of #107 on an already combined list at one of the high volume dealers (went down from 210 initially), I'm crossing my fingers that I should be one of the first Convertibles orders to be put in, come January.

Comment

Originally you could only order a 1LT in December nothing has changed if you want a 1LT. Now the dealers need to adjust their list of customers and their orders. No need to move back 1LT buyers and certain colors now. It’s open season for all C8’s. Some buyers might want to change their orders before December. Like colors and trim choices. September orders are set in stone. That’s my take on things
                    RED ,C8. 2LT Z51.black wheels and trim. .... Order status 3000 TPW 2/24

Comment

THIS explains all the fidgeting at my dealership on allocations vs. orders. The ordering system has officially been dead since a handful of orders went in in September. Now it's literally "jump ball" in December, sports fans !

As John E. has said many times before, you should order what you WANT, not what you think you can GET earlier, because not even GOD knows what they will build next. You heard it here second, (John E. said it first !)

Comment

Now that the new SORP has been reset (again) is there anyone out there (John) who knows someone who also knows someone in GM , that can PLEASE release the "2020 Corvette Owner's Manual" asap?

Since I (we) have another almost 3 months to sit on our butts and wait and wait and ... we can spend our time learning how this great new machine works by memorizing the manual and to get a warm feeling that we will know how to integrate immediately with the C8 when we finally get ours. I think this would be a positive move to help us to deflect any negative emotions we may acquired. Thanks.

Originally posted by John View Post
                        Huge news every which way. Thank you CorvetteBlogger! So worthy of reposting its “meat.”...

What has changed?

December. After orders were submitted in September, the strike happened and then everything was put into limbo. Now that the strike is over, Chevrolet has shifted the start of production to February 2020 and has been working internally to gear up for that start.

We also received official confirmation today that ordering for the 2020 Corvette Stingray Convertible will open in January 2020. Chevrolet will not have a separate allocation group for the new model and dealers will not receive separate earned allocation numbers. What this means is that dealers will have to work in the convertible orders to their existing allocation numbers

Comment

Wow, great news!! Just got in from an early dinner, and saw this. I'm a 1LT, but placed an early order. This is the way it should be, instead of playing "musical chairs" with nonsensical constraints. I may be taking my annual rights of Spring cruise into the mountains of New Hampshire in my new C8. Excellent!!!

Comment

And the next big question is what number of allotments will the dealers be given on their 2 order cycles in December? Is this going to go with their initial first batch allotment number, or is all that getting blown up as well?

Comment

Convertibles move right in to coupe allocations as well...you guys are celebrating and thats great but somehow this could get ugly...

Real fast.
                              Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X