Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe Build/Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...and-price/trim
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 11/1: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
See more
See less

C8 Good News? The Temporary Extinction of TPW’s Has Just Occurred.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Good News? The Temporary Extinction of TPW’s Has Just Occurred.

Even those who had received dealer copies showing in writing both status 300 and a specific C8 TPW, have had them all wiped out. Usually, knowing GM’s typical modus operandi, that means that they are in the process of going to bring forth the “next step information.”

I just heard from one large dealer and he confirmed that even for his orders that were previously both status 3000 and had a specific TPW, that the TPW’s have all gone missing. When he goes into his GM WorkBench Connect system, the TPW section is now blank for orders that had it listed them previously.

Might the revised/upgrades TPW soon reappear, or might this be an interim waiting period of unknown duration?

Let’s hope we get new TPW’s soon for those who once had them — and that they are ones.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Is it possible the constrained order date for 1LT, originally Nov. 1, now Dec. 1, might be rolled back to November?

Comment

Yes, anything and everything is possible if GM so wishes it to be that way, but nothing is possible until they open that next consensus sometime this month.

Common next consensus!!!
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
        Common next consensus!!!
        Same here John....waiting for Blade Silver to be available.......

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
          Yes, anything and everything is possible if GM so wishes it to be that way, but nothing is possible until they open that next consensus sometime this month.

Common next consensus!!!
          According to an apparently well-informed person on the Canadian Corvette site, it will be 2 weeks from yesterday that allocations will be active again. Meaning November 14th.
          2020 C8 Corvette ....... TPW 2/02/20
          Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
          Z51 + MRC
          Spectra Grey Tridents
          Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler

Comment

I hear that because the magazine reviews were so negative GM has cancelled the 2020 C8, and you'll have to wait until 2021. /sarcasm
            SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
            >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
              I hear that because the magazine reviews were so negative GM has cancelled the 2020 C8, and you'll have to wait until 2021. /sarcasm
              Lol. .

Comment

Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post

According to an apparently well-informed person on the Canadian Corvette site, it will be 2 weeks from yesterday that allocations will be active again. Meaning November 14th.
                Thanks Bikerjulio. That is exactly what a better connected than me person just shared with me in the last half hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post

Since that will be mid-month, will there possibly only be one in November?

Comment

Sorry, but again we do not yet know.

The announced plan was to have one consensus each month for the first four months September, October, November and December. Then GM decided that it would take the September’s total monthly allocations for each dealer, and instead to divide them into two successive weeks (which is what they did that month).

We do not know whether the November consensus allocations will be the same total amount as announced earlier to each dealer, e..g, either their same total number and/or whether they will again do a split (where again the total month’s number is divided among two successive weeks).

We will need to wait for GM to clarify how exactly they plan to do the November consensus, i.e., how they will allocate within that singular or within a split consensus.

Comment

My dealer just confirmed that he expects a single DOSP on (or around) 11/14.

He didn't have any details about expected allocations.

Comment

Thank you jackfrostpdx! Let’s hope it is terrific news for you and others here that are buying from them.

Comment

Meyerweb jokes but that just what happened to the 1983 Corvette. The magazines were so brutal about the ride of the 1983 Corvette that the factory recalled all 50 test mules and ended up crashing 49 of them.

Comment

Friends, updated TPWs will come soon (I'm anticipating next week).

Comment

I just checked Kerbecks status page and at the top it says it was last updated on 11/4, so I’m guessing it’s current.

My TPW did not change from last time (after the strike started) it’s still at 3000 with a TPW of 2/10. Guessing GM is keeping all the time they took and not giving any back just yet.

Can’t wait!
                              Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, Just SOLD my 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger for new C8 On order from Kerbeck at status 3000, 2/10/20 TPW. C8 Spec: TorchRed,2LT,Z51,FE4,E60,CF7,FA5,AH2,HUL,J6E,TUL,Q 8P,SC7,ER I,R8C

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X