See less

Who else changed from Coupe to HTC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You would typically coat both the PPF as well as the “raw” car with the ceramic coating.

Comment

I ordered your original build in 2LT. Seeing that motor means so much to me! Sticking with the plan.
      72 Corvette T-Top, 85 928, 04 CLK 500 Conv, 20 C8 2LT Z51 White/Red HT

Comment

Originally posted by WillRockwell View Post

You will probably wind up getting the vert option for free
        Coupe is a 2LT, HT will be a 1LT- so msrp will be very similar. If I don't lose too much, I will be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparro View Post
          What's better to go with, a ceramic coat or clear wrap?
          Its personal preference and depends on how you use the car. Ceramic coating gives you the UV protection and ability to easily clean the car as well as lasts for years. Applied over a proper paint correction it will keep your car looking brand new for several years. But it wont protect against rock chips or road debris damage. PPF will protect against road debris and keep your paint new for several years. It even protects against the stray grocery cart or minor fender bender. For guys like me that track their cars its a must. Those who are doing a paint correction, ceramic coat and then PPF are just crazy. That's throwing a couple of grand on the ceramic coating down the drain for no reason. I'm not a fan of adding ceramic coating on top of PPF but others swear by it. My brother and a close friend have both done it and their cars don't look any better than mine. I suppose it depends on the brand of PPF you use and the quality of the installer as well. Some will probably look better than others once ceramic coating is applied.

Comment

Originally posted by stryker1969 View Post
            I'm am switching I've never owned a corvette or a convertible so mine as well kill 2 birds with one stone

Click image for larger version  Name:	Corvette Stingray 2020 (2).jpg Views:	194 Size:	208.1 KB ID:	83499
            the strips look skinny and makes the car look so long at the back

side.

Comment

only one seeing that view is the police helicopter as they try to put the bite on me

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

By clear wrap do you mean Expel or Suntek paint protection film? If so, the two products serve different purposes.

PPF will protect the paint from chips cause by flying debris far better than ceramic coating. Ceramic coating is a very hard, long lasting polymer coating intended to create a long lasting shine. It's not nearly as thick as PPF, and won't provide the same impact protection. But PPF won't provide the same level of shine.

Coating an entire car in PPF will probably be quite a bit more expensive than even the best, professionally applied ceramic coating.

So what's "better" depends on what your goal is. Some will say the answer is "both." PPF to protect from impacts, ceramic coating on top to provide a long lasting shine.

I will probably PPF the front fascia, and maybe the rocker panels, and then ceramic coat the entire car.
                Really great breakdown of the benefits/differences of PPF and Coatings - the truth is they're quite complimentary. We've tested coatings on top of our PPF and then ran the panels through our routine of tests and found coatings to do no harm (sometimes extend) the life of PPF. We're here to answer any PPF questions if you have them!

Comment

Originally posted by VicH View Post
                  Thought about it, but I'm very high up on the production date list so I'd go to the back of the line, and I'd lose my deposit. I plan on using black PPF to do that McLaren-like paint treatment on my coupe though, which will make it look a bit more like the convertible.

I'll save the convertible for the next one I get, which will probably be only a couple of years out. I may go the Z06 route or see what else they come up with at that time.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	1C1F74B2-89D7-4DE3-A2BE-B15870CF03F6.png
Views:	264
Size:	840.6 KB
ID:	86991Click image for larger version

Name:	CC76E395-9D38-47ED-9CB1-6AB0ADAE173A.png
Views:	263
Size:	877.6 KB
ID:	86992 I am having mine painted carbon flash as close as possible to Klinns work.....I think it will look great...

Comment

Originally posted by Tbob View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	1C1F74B2-89D7-4DE3-A2BE-B15870CF03F6.png
Views:	264
Size:	840.6 KB
ID:	86991Click image for larger version

Name:	CC76E395-9D38-47ED-9CB1-6AB0ADAE173A.png
Views:	263
Size:	877.6 KB
ID:	86992 I am having mine painted carbon flash as close as possible to Klinns work.....I think it will look great...
                    That’s exactly what I plan to do as well!

Comment

I’m 80/20 (convertible/coupe) at this moment. I’m finally going to see them both together this week at SEMA and then at the LA Auto Show at the end of the month. This should seal the deal one way or the other.

Comment

Even though I've switched to the HTC, I'm hoping to see one at the San Diego Auto Show - assuming one will be there. Any word if one will be there?

Comment

Chances are slim due to the strike crippling their ability to make HTC for almost every show. Your best bet is SEMA and the LA Show. Thanks to docprego for confirming that SEMA will have both; I had learned from Harlan at the HTC’s KSC reveal that they will have both at the LA Show.

Road trip ahead for you?
                          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

I switched as soon as the convertible was available.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                              Chances are slim due to the strike crippling their ability to make HTC for almost every show. Your best bet is SEMA and the LA Show. Thanks to docprego for confirming that SEMA will have both; I had learned from Harlan at the HTC’s KSC reveal that they will have both at the LA Show.

Road trip ahead for you?
                              I wonder if the SEMA and LA Auto show pairs will be the same?

Interestingly this short video was posted yesterday:

It’s neither the Sebring Orange convertible or Torch Red coupe Chevy is displaying on their C8 SEMA page. Instead it’s either Ceramic Matrix Gray or Arctic White without Z51.

Comment

Since you helped us learn that SEMA will also be having a HTC, might it be the silver one?
                                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X