Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Sites For Your Convenience And Inquiries

Coupe Build/Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...and-price/trim
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 10/11: https://eogld.cloud.gm.com/NASApp/do...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections. Thank you.
See more
See less

Is it likely there will be a change of pricing due to strike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it likely there will be a change of pricing due to strike?

I know this is purely speculation and I'm not sure if it has been asked before. Does anyone think with the UAW strike and depending on the outcome, prices could/or will be raised immediately on the 2020 C8 for those that are on the allocation list but haven't placed their order yet? I believe when they raised the prices on the 2014 it effected those that had not placed their orders yet, but for those that had, they were safe.

I for one, should be coming up soon on the list but am a little nervous as to hearing GM isn't taking orders currently now, and who knows what can happen after the strike terms are met. Just a thought...

I doubt GM would raise the price for the 2020 model. The amazing price has been a major selling point. But you're right, if the new contract results in higher costs for GM, the anticipated price increase for 2021 cars could inch up a bit higher.

Comment

I too doubt GM is going to raise pricing, neither due to the strike, and neither in the short term.
      GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

If they raise the price over a strike im going on strike and withdrawing my plans to purchase

Comment

Originally posted by stryker1969 View Post
          If they raise the price over a strike im going on strike and withdrawing my plans to purchase
          Going on STRYKE !
          Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Originally posted by stryker1969 View Post
            It would be Naive to think that production cost determines price. It is a consideration but pricing models are far more complex than adding a margin to the cost expense

Comment

As in the past on numerous occasions, when the price was raised, it was on the most popular options, rather than the 'base'. Remember, they are getting a lot of mileage from that low 'base' price. When the buzz goes away, then you will see the base price go up but I don't think that will happen for some time yet.... like maybe mid-way in the 2021 model year.

Raising the price as a result of a labor dispute would generate a lot of bad press, in my opinion.

Comment

I can promise you one thing, you will never see a lower price than you do right now.

Comment

The dispute, as I understand it, is not over pay levels for the next four years, but over how much increase is paid in wages versus bonuses. So the difference affects GM costs several years in the future rather than the next few years. With no immediate increase in cost there is no pressure on price.

Comment

Six months after production eventually starts and all existing orders are already input...there will be a few grand added based off of what the corvette marketing team did in march of 2014 with the c7...

will it repeat for the c8? Thats anybodies guess yet with demand so strong i wouldn't suggest cancelling your placed order for a possible price increase.

we should for the most part be price protected.

i do believe the c8 will follow the pricing tremd set by the c4 in 1984,1985,1986 and 1987...

the only possible detractor to that analogy is inflation has been quite low and there is an auto sector projection that annual auto sales in the USA are poised to drop like a rock in 2022 from todays 16.4 million light units sold in the USA to 13.4 million units (by 2022)

if that occurs I dont see GM dramatically raising prices on the c8 ...

none of us have a crystal ball
                    Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

According to a Haggerty article I saw today, they still have C7 builds to do so the C8 will definitely be delayed.

Comment

Originally posted by Fireeagle View Post
                        According to a Haggerty article I saw today, they still have C7 builds to do so the C8 will definitely be delayed.
                        Agreed Fireeagle, however GM can also decide to only fulfill remaining customer orders make the last C7 going to the Siller foundation and not make any more orders for dealer stock (which would be the hold up). That would get production moving forward on the C8 eliminating potentially all of the waiting from the strike if it ends soon. My guess is that's whats gong to happen. I'm sure the Corvette Team is pushing hard to get the last C7 built so they can remove the equipment from the line, reset and get C8 production online still in December. OMHO
                        Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, Just SOLD my 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger for new C8
                        On order from Kerbeck at status 3000, C8 Spec: Torch Red, 2LT, Z51,FE4,E60,CF7,FA5,AH2,HUL,TUL,Q8P,SC7,ERI,R8C

Comment

Originally posted by Baja 405 View Post
                          I can promise you one thing, you will never see a lower price than you do right now.
                          Agree with this.

Comment

Speaking of pricing, does anyone know the “ normal dealer markup %” on dealer invoice......I’ve been considering a 2019 C7 GS, 3LT while I wait for my C8 to be built and local dealer in WA state is offering MSRP less 6.5% discount while similar model ay Kerbeck is being discounted up to 16% off of MSRP...so what is normal dealer margin?

Comment

Go with kerbeck...i bought my last corvette from them and while I made the deal over the phone with Dave Salvatore and an email...when I arrived in a rental car which I dropped off at the nearby atlantic city airport....the salesman picked me up and drove me to the dealership....all paperwork was exactly as described over the phone ....I handed them a check and was on my way in 20 minutes...best new car purchase in over 3 decades of only buying new cars. Fantastic transaction experience.

glorious drive home too

kerbeck is a fabulous dealership to work with.

good luck deciding.
                              Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X