MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 1/17 Changes: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
See more
See less

Start of Canadian C8 Pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparro
    replied
    Confirmation my HTC has a TPW of April 6th!!!!
    Edit: Sorry for the sideways pic

Click image for larger version  Name:	C6CE9D69-4207-4954-8A6D-ED9D885A770D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	82.0 KB ID:	106003
    Last edited by Sparro; 01-24-2020, 02:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Happy2bHere
    replied
    Originally posted by Klinn View Post

Are you talking about this piece?

Click image for larger version Name:	CorvetteC8-FrontPlateBracket-VK3-01b-Medium.jpg Views:	0 Size:	174.3 KB ID:	105591

If so, that's the plastic "spat" ahead of the front wheel, presumably to manage airflow around the tire. Here's a better pic of it:

Click image for larger version Name:	fetch?id=80322&d=1570631097.jpg Views:	0 Size:	262.4 KB ID:	105592

Hope this helps!
    That does help. Thank you. Let this be a warning to other drivers out there that I can't see very well.

Leave a comment:

• Klinn
    replied
    Originally posted by Happy2bHere View Post
    On the left side of the pic it looks like there is the shadow of a splitter under the nose and it is throwing me off!
    Are you talking about this piece?

Click image for larger version  Name:	CorvetteC8-FrontPlateBracket-VK3-01b-Medium.jpg Views:	0 Size:	174.3 KB ID:	105591

If so, that's the plastic "spat" ahead of the front wheel, presumably to manage airflow around the tire. Here's a better pic of it:

Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=80322&d=1570631097.jpg Views:	0 Size:	262.4 KB ID:	105592

Hope this helps!

Leave a comment:

• Happy2bHere
    replied
    Originally posted by Klinn View Post
    Just use the direct link I posted up-thread. Much handier.

Anyway, thanks to the Canadian C8 Build & Price site we can now see what the VK3 front plate bracket looks like. As described previously by GM reps, it pushes the plate forward and up so it's in front of the nose.

Click image for larger version Name:	CorvetteC8-FrontPlateBracket-VK3-01-Medium.jpg Views:	0 Size:	172.3 KB ID:	104780

Yeah, that would a big "No thanks!" for me. I'll be mounting it inside the recess as shown in this thread.​
    My eyes are playing tricks on me. The pic make it look like it is an edited out z51 front splitter.

On the left side of the pic it looks like there is the shadow of a splitter under the nose and it is throwing me off!

I 'built and priced' my non-z51 and all pics have that weird shadow off of the front bumper.

Leave a comment:

• Murray20c8
    replied
    Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post
    Just tried the number again. After much getting through an illogical menu (how about asking for language first GM??),
    My thoughts exactly as I conveyed them to my wife last week. You must listen to a long and boring statement in both English and French before you are asked for your desired language and then they go on to tell you if you are calling about a recall for a car you no longer own, to just ignore it! lol! I get a recall notice every three months for the last 4 years for 2004 Malibu I haven't owned in 4 years.

Leave a comment:

• Bikerjulio
    replied

It sounds to me like there is some administrative fuss going on behind the scenes where some folks either aren't trained, or roles are changing. My information was accurate for the time an date of posting. I received all stated information from where I mentioned at that time.
    Even with chat I've noticed a difference in the agent's understanding. But now, @Neil has tried the number and I've tried twice, with no better results. I had to explain what an event code was, then on hold for a minute again to be told thay cannot provide.

In any case it's really the TPW that is important. I was curious after seeing US cutomers at code 3400, which it looks like I probably am, but GM Canada doesn't want to give out. It would seem that US dealers see more on their screen than Canadian ones.

Leave a comment:

• Happy2bHere
    replied

The lady I spoke to seemed to understand what I was asking, but in retrospect I'm not 100% sure of that. Anyway never got a call back. I'll update here if I do. I said thank you also (and I'm English!!).

I only tried it because of HAPPY's reccomendation.

My dealer cannot see event codes between 3000 and 3800, so I was just curious if this number could do what HAPPY said it could. Plain chat has always given me my TPW but not event code.
    It sounds to me like there is some administrative fuss going on behind the scenes where some folks either aren't trained, or roles are changing. My information was accurate for the time an date of posting. I received all stated information from where I mentioned at that time.

Leave a comment:

• Bikerjulio
    replied
    Just tried the number again. After much getting through an illogical menu (how about asking for language first GM??), I got an agent who got my information, put me on hold for about 5 minutes, and reconfirmed my TPW of 2/3. Whohoo.

I asked for event code and was told they cannot provide it.

So in summary, it's been way easier for me to use chat, plus I get a written record.

Leave a comment:

• Bikerjulio
    replied
    Originally posted by Neil H View Post

Just got off the phone at that number and the lady had no clue except that she figured that production was starting in Feb.
    I mentioned that I previously called this number and they were able to give me both the TPW and the event code and they also mentioned to call back for updates.
    Crickets.......
    So I said thank you (yes I am Canadian!) and that I would call my dealer.
    The lady I spoke to seemed to understand what I was asking, but in retrospect I'm not 100% sure of that. Anyway never got a call back. I'll update here if I do. I said thank you also (and I'm English!!).

I only tried it because of HAPPY's reccomendation.

My dealer cannot see event codes between 3000 and 3800, so I was just curious if this number could do what HAPPY said it could. Plain chat has always given me my TPW but not event code.
    Last edited by Bikerjulio; 01-23-2020, 09:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Neil H
    replied

I recommend calling as opposed to the chat function for Canadian orders.

Stolen from the sticky topic:

We don't have Concierge in Canada, and we can use the Chat function, but what they do is call the Canadian Marketing Support. We can skip the chat and call CMS directly at 1-800-263-3777 for event codes and TPW updates.
    Just got off the phone at that number and the lady had no clue except that she figured that production was starting in Feb.
    I mentioned that I previously called this number and they were able to give me both the TPW and the event code and they also mentioned to call back for updates.
    Crickets.......
    So I said thank you (yes I am Canadian!) and that I would call my dealer.

Leave a comment:

• Murray20c8
    replied

I've used chat many times now and always got a TPW in about 5 minutes. But they cannot give event codes.

Seeing that some orders had progressed to 3400, I called that number and gave all my info. Was promised a call back. That was 4 hours ago.
    Very curious to hear also. I'm living vicariously through you!

Leave a comment:

• Bikerjulio
    replied

I recommend calling as opposed to the chat function for Canadian orders.

Stolen from the sticky topic:

We don't have Concierge in Canada, and we can use the Chat function, but what they do is call the Canadian Marketing Support. We can skip the chat and call CMS directly at 1-800-263-3777 for event codes and TPW updates.
    I've used chat many times now and always got a TPW in about 5 minutes. But they cannot give event codes.

Seeing that some orders had progressed to 3400, I called that number and gave all my info. Was promised a call back. That was 4 hours ago.

Leave a comment:

• Bikerjulio
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparro View Post
    Yup, there are only three province left that require a front plate... Ontario, British Columbia and Manitoba. New Brunswick removed the requirement in July 2019.
    Apparently Doug Ford is getting push back from the Police Association about removing the requirement and is backing off so It might not happen now.... and if it doesn't happen under Doug Ford then it probably will never happen. I keep tweeting, emailing and posting an fb to him and Carolyn Mulroney (the new transport minister) its time to abolish it.
    I've talked to a few people at cruise nights around here (there's 3 each week in summer), and they've said there's no enforcement when it comes to front plates in the Niagara region. I'm going to give it a go. I'm also interested to see if the blank piece fits back after the plate is installed in the stock location.

Leave a comment:

• Murray20c8
    replied
    Originally posted by Accelerate C8 View Post

Hopefully my order goes through but I have a bad feeling in my gut I'm being strung along by the dealer and if thats true just in principle I would not wait and buy a 2021 from them or any other chev product ever.
    I totally understand ... but ....
    Don't take this the wrong way, but you are speaking from emotion and not your brain. This is not the bridge you want to die on. There are other ways to accomplish your goals. Remember this is first or second largest volume Corvette dealer in Canada (depending on who you ask). I am not familiar with Niblet, but I have friends who are. If you want, PM me your sales person and I'll check with my friends about him and the dealer. They may have more then just one salesman there and their list is almost certainly dealer wide and not salesman specific.

Leave a comment:

• Accelerate C8
    replied
    Originally posted by John View Post

I understand your frustration. Let me just ask you one question. What happens to you emotionally when pretty soon after you get your Hellcat, a C8 pulls up next to you in the adjoining parking space?

I went through a very similar experience before getting my first Corvette (a C5). I had been on the local dealer’s list for two years, in fact in writing he told me that “you are # 1.” As 1997 C5’s started, I suddenly became # 2, then # 3. I was then told, “don’t worry, we have four definitive 1997 C5 allocations. That turned out to be a lie — for in the end they only got two C5’s. I came home one day and said to my wife, “there a Viper on sale right now and I am thinking about it.” My wife said, “if you do and then you change your mind a month or two, the only way you are going to make up for the Viper’s depreciation is your getting a second job, and besides you are a Corvette person.

She was right on both counts and so I got a 1998 and loved it for the next eight years. I was so glad I had listened to her two comments, and had waited for my C5 to arrive.
    I hear what you are saying. I currently drive a 2015 Challenger SRT 392 so I love the Challenger model and was thinking another 200hp in a Hellcat would make me happy.

You are right though, every time I saw a C8 on the road it would kill me.

Theres just no other car out there that can compete with the looks and performance of the C8 for such a low price.

Hopefully my order goes through but I have a bad feeling in my gut I'm being strung along by the dealer and if thats true just in principle I would not wait and buy a 2021 from them or any other chev product ever.

Leave a comment:

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
Working...
X