See less

Start of Canadian C8 Pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freight for the ending C7’s was/is $1,095. Yes WWR, very nice that starting with the C8’s, the transportation delivery charge is not longer an add on, but included in the base price.

For the C8, the delivery charge would have been even more, probably more like around $1,200, for as we separately have learned, only 10 C8’s go on a fully loaded transporter instead of the 11 C7’s that used to fit on the same truck.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

So I called my dealer today to add YZC - Carbon Flash Metallic painted Mirrors. That went with no in with no problem. Then I say I want to change my 5ZU body colour High Wing to the 5ZZ Carbon Flash Metallic High Wing. He says the system wouldn't accept that change without adding a required option. I said that doesn't sound right, he says he even went to his manager and they couldn't enter it without adding a required option, the cheapest being black lug nuts? This doesn't sound right to me. Can anyone comment on this?
      2020 C8 Spider: Torch Red GKZ exterior on Natural GT1 HUV interior with 2LT, J6E, 5V7, 5ZZ, ZYC, NPP, 3F9, E60, ERI. Custom wheels on pre-order.

Comment

Never heard that before. Maybe it is true? If so, sure would be a new item to me.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparro View Post
          So I called my dealer today to add YZC - Carbon Flash Metallic painted Mirrors. That went with no in with no problem. Then I say I want to change my 5ZU body colour High Wing to the 5ZZ Carbon Flash Metallic High Wing. He says the system wouldn't accept that change without adding a required option. I said that doesn't sound right, he says he even went to his manager and they couldn't enter it without adding a required option, the cheapest being black lug nuts? This doesn't sound right to me. Can anyone comment on this?
          I knew there had to be a reason to demand $225 for black lug nits.

Comment

I agree this does not make sense. What is a "required option"? Bit of an oxymoron isn't it? Any old option? A mystery option only known to GM?

Canada's #1 dealer probably would not have had this problem
            Last edited by Bikerjulio; 12-10-2019, 12:28 PM.
            2020 C8 Corvette ....... TPW 2/03/20
            Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
            Z51 + MRC
            Spectra Grey Tridents
            Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler

Comment

I remain unconvinced that this is a real GM requirement. Is this a “dealer policy?”

Comment

Sparro's salesman looks OK so it can't possibly be that

Click image for larger version

Name:	carbuying_322-300x232.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	93678
                2020 C8 Corvette ....... TPW 2/03/20
                Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
                Z51 + MRC
                Spectra Grey Tridents
                Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler

Comment

Canadians. Does the proposed 10 percent Canadian luxury tax on vehicles over $100k have any effect on your purchase? My build comes in at $101k so I will be talking to my dealer before the allocation is picked up.
                  With some provinces sales taxes this could add 25 to 30 percent to a C8.
                  GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, Jet black/suede interior; Yellow stitching and belts. Z51 & Mag Ride; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6E yellow Calipers;

Comment

It's likely more a software issue than anything else. GM Canada uses a different system than the U.S.
                    Murray - Torch red / Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

Originally posted by BYBY4RE View Post
                      Canadians. Does the proposed 10 percent Canadian luxury tax on vehicles over $100k have any effect on your purchase? My build comes in at $101k so I will be talking to my dealer before the allocation is picked up.
                      With some provinces sales taxes this could add 25 to 30 percent to a C8.
                      It would if mine was near that. I'd try and do it so it remains under 100K and add other options later. Like the high wing etc. 10% of 100K is 10K not an insignificant amount!

Comment

I just confirmed with Mike Furman that there are sometimes circumstances whereby adding one single option, requires a second one. Example, adding a microfiber steering wheel to a 1LT requires the addition of a second option, specifically the purchase of comp seats.

However barring such “paired” options, merely adding a single option that is not paired, does not require the customer to go out and choose another option within the U.S. He doubts that this is required within Canada, but can not say that with 100% confidence.

Comment

I was in contact with another Canadian Corvette Salesman and he says there is no requirement to add options in order to get the 5ZZ Carbon Flash High Wing. I emailed my salesman earlier today telling him this is not right and he has to figure it out. Haven't heard back as of yet.
                          2020 C8 Spider: Torch Red GKZ exterior on Natural GT1 HUV interior with 2LT, J6E, 5V7, 5ZZ, ZYC, NPP, 3F9, E60, ERI. Custom wheels on pre-order.

Comment

I emailed my salesman earlier today telling him this is not right and he has to figure it out.
                            Did they reboot!

Comment

I talked to my salesman a few minutes ago. He tried again and says the system won't allow the 5ZZ without selecting another option. Is it because I have the silver spoke wheels selected instead of the Q8Q carbon flash? I have a set of aftermarket wheels on order that I will swap out because I don't really like the stock ones and don't wanna pay the upgraded price for carbon flash. Anyway he tells me I'm welcome to swing by the dealership anytime to go over the build in person and see what happens when he hits the submit button. I'll probably swing by tomorrow since it's not too far away from me.

Comment

My salesman just texted me and said he finally has confirmed pricing for all of my options. He will be sending it to me shortly. I'll post it up if there any new info for fellow Canadians.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X