Start of Canadian C8 Pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BYBY4RE View Post

If the strike lasts much longer your 3000 status could make a big difference on early delivery date and the number of 2020's produced. I was expecting allocation this month.
    Congratulations.
    I don't think so. I think the strike will affect everyone the same. The break in placing orders is very easy to make up, once production resumes. Could be wrong though-no way to know for sure.

Comment

I don't see how any dealer can tell you....oops they can tell you anything I forgot. There's a lot more to starting up after a strike than just turning on a switch. Unless they have lots of parts in a corner somewhere the parts companies are shutdown also. I've seen people post and say that got this number and so on but I believe that every week that the strike is in effect customers can add that time to the wait.

Comment

Originally posted by WWR View Post
        I don't see how any dealer can tell you....oops they can tell you anything I forgot. There's a lot more to starting up after a strike than just turning on a switch. Unless they have lots of parts in a corner somewhere the parts companies are shutdown also. I've seen people post and say that got this number and so on but I believe that every week that the strike is in effect customers can add that time to the wait.
        You are incorrect. The parts companies are not shut down. My brother-in-law works for one of those parts companies that is supplying a specific part for the C8 and they are building those parts as I type this.
        2020 C8 Spider: Torch Red GKZ exterior on Natural GT1 HUV interior with 2LT, J6E, 5V7, 5ZZ, ZYC, NPP, 3F9, E60, ERI. Custom wheels on pre-order.

Comment

Originally posted by Meldoon View Post

So glad we are subsidizing your cars for you.......better hope Trump doesn’t find out ! 😂🤪
          Been thinking about your post. Actually, from a trade perspective Trump wouldn’t mind selling US products in a foreign market at a discount. It is only when foreign products are dumped into our market that it is a problem. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparro View Post

You are incorrect. The parts companies are not shut down. My brother-in-law works for one of those parts companies that is supplying a specific part for the C8 and they are building those parts as I type this.
            Where are they going? Unless salaried employees are working at the plant they are just stacking up some where. There are LOTS of parts that make up the Corvette like for instance the ENGINE. The latest I have read says that parts manufacturers are slowed down or have stopped. I will say that the NYT and others don't mention Bowling Green when they report on the strike. It's a big deal to us but not to other folks.

Comment

The Driving.ca site says that the convertible will start at $78,998 in Canada. That's for the 1LT.

They had the correct price for the coupe way back when, so I expect they got the right info again for the 'vert. So it's a $9000 upcharge from the coupe, and I guess the 2LT upcharge will be somewhat less, just like it is in the States. I predict $8400, but we'll see eventually.

Ah-hah! I found a GM Canada press release which confirms the $9000 upcharge from the coupe. It also states that convertible production will start "late first-quarter 2020". Finally, they mention that a build-and-price tool for Canadians is available, but the link just goes to their old C8 announcement page. Maybe soon.
              Last edited by Klinn; 10-07-2019, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumbell2 View Post

Why don't you use the chat button on the Corvette website and ask them to give you an update of your order. All you need is the order number.
                Best evidence rule 👍
                Armed with my order # I tried the Chevrolet.ca chat function just now. I chatted with a nice lady. Not sure I totally believe the answer, maybe my order has moved forward from what the dealer told me 2 weeks ago? but here is an edited version:

Latisha: Hello. Thank you for contacting GM of Canada. My name is Latisha, how can I help you today?

9:17, Oct 7 Julio: Hi. Looking for any status information you can give me on my Corvette order # XG****

9:18, Oct 7 Latisha: I can certainly look into that for you, which dealership did you order your Corvette through?

9:18, Oct 7 Julio: ***** ******

9:19, Oct 7 Latisha: Thank you, Please allow me 3-5 minutes to look into this for you.

9:23, Oct 7 Latisha: Thank you for your patience.

9:23, Oct 7 Latisha: Your Chevrolet Corvette has a tentative build week of December 2, 2019. We recommend checking back closer to that date for further updates.

9:24, Oct 7 Julio: Thanks very much.
                2020 C8 Corvette ....... TPW 2/03/20
                Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
                Z51 + MRC
                Spectra Grey Tridents
                Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler

Comment

If you are from Canada why not buy your C8 in the United States?

Comment

+1 for using the chat function on the corvette tab of the Canadian Chevrolet website.

Once you provide your order number and dealership they check the status and get back to you in 3 minutes.

I do not have a build date; but at least I know.

Comment

Originally posted by WWR View Post
                      If you are from Canada why not buy your C8 in the United States?
                      They are a lot cheaper here

Why pay more?

(see my post here #17)
                      Last edited by Bikerjulio; 10-08-2019, 09:20 AM.
                      Z51 + MRC
                      Spectra Grey Tridents

Comment

Did some math on the prelim Cdn pricing and came up with about 1.19 ratio, on average, to the US$.
                        Not sure about the US, but we have sales tax in Canada as low as 5%, but most provinces averaging between 11-15 %.
                        Multiply that into the ratio and you get a tax-included ratio of about 1.34 which is approx the difference between our dollars -- so same relative price whether in the US or Canada.
                        Also, we in Canada cannot buy a new vehicle from the US, only used ones, the newest having been sold and registered in the US for at least 6 months.
                        I am making a "Free trade assumption" that it is the same for someone from the US wanting to buy a new vehicle from Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil H View Post
                          Did some math on the prelim Cdn pricing and came up with about 1.19 ratio, on average, to the US$.
                          Not sure about the US, but we have sales tax in Canada as low as 5%, but most provinces averaging between 11-15 %.
                          Multiply that into the ratio and you get a tax-included ratio of about 1.34 which is approx the difference between our dollars -- so same relative price whether in the US or Canada.
                          Also, we in Canada cannot buy a new vehicle from the US, only used ones, the newest having been sold and registered in the US for at least 6 months.
                          I am making a "Free trade assumption" that it is the same for someone from the US wanting to buy a new vehicle from Canada.
                          They have sales tax is the US as well.

So compare prices without tax.
                          Z51 + MRC
                          Spectra Grey Tridents

Comment

Gee, Canada gets cheaper Corvettes, prescription drugs, and airline flights to Europe. And Montreal bagels too.

Maybe Vermont should petition Ottawa to become a province.

Comment

Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
                              Gee, Canada gets cheaper Corvettes, prescription drugs, and airline flights to Europe. And Montreal bagels too.

Maybe Vermont should petition Ottawa to become a province.
                              Yes but we don't have Target or Cheese in a squirt can so we are about even.

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post
                                The Driving.ca site says that the convertible will start at $78,998 in Canada. That's for the 1LT.

They had the correct price for the coupe way back when, so I expect they got the right info again for the 'vert. So it's a $9000 upcharge from the coupe, and I guess the 2LT upcharge will be somewhat less, just like it is in the States. I predict $8400, but we'll see eventually.

Ah-hah! I found a GM Canada press release which confirms the $9000 upcharge from the coupe. It also states that convertible production will start "late first-quarter 2020". Finally, they mention that a build-and-price tool for Canadians is available, but the link just goes to their old C8 announcement page. Maybe soon.
                                I didn't realize that the freight charge is included in the list price of the car. I always thought it was xtra. If so then the car is really about 59,000

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X