MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

FOLLOW THIS FORUM RULE!

All shall follow this forum rule:

“11. Do not post URL links to any product or service that is offered by a forum vendor. Exception: If the product or service you wish to link is one that you know is not offered by a forum supporting vendor, you may post that link. Examples of the latter could include tools, common products like duct/electrical tape, motor oil, and/or providers of specialized upgrade, maintenance or repair services.”

You may use a non forum business name, posting such as, “I buy at Joe’s” but again may not post a link to nor a URL of Joe’s.
See more
See less

Start of Canadian C8 Pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Klinn View Post
    The Trident wheels are a bit higher than I expected, but the FE4 Mag Ride is a bit lower.

The GT3 competition seats upcharge for 3LT is odd. In the States the upcharge is the same as the difference between the 2LT's GT2 seats and GT3 which makes sense since the GT2's are standard in the 3LT. But for Canada the upcharge is not the same, it's $775 vs. the $620 difference for the 2LT. Not a deal breaker, just a little weird and makes me wonder if these prices are going to be adjusted a bit before the final release.
    That seemed odd to me since someone tracking the car probably isn't ordering 3LT and the list makes it look like a requirement.
    2020 C8 Corvette
    Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
    2LT, Z51 + MRC
    Spectra Grey Tridents
    Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler

I'm a Rat and so is my car! (a reference to the Chinese astrological calendar).

Comment

Looks like a 1LT with all the performance options I wanted plus a few appearance goodies (Tridents, STI, red calipers) is going to come in just under $82K. That's about what I was expecting and budgeting for. However, that darn 2LT package has enough stuff in it which appeals to me that I may go all YOLO on it and bump my order up over $93K. Yikes. By far the most I've ever spent on a car.

The 1LT is the smart choice, especially since we Canadians are getting a better than average price break on it, but that 2LT is singing its sweet song that is hard to resist. Heck, it's only money, right?

Comment

When it comes to C8 news GM mostly just says talk to your dealer.

Thank you for your email.

General Motors of Canada Company plans for future products are exciting! Your local GM dealer is among the first provided with new product information. Please keep in contact with your dealer and periodically check our website at www.gm.ca for updates. Our website will be updated with product information for the 2020 Chevrolet Corvette .

Here is a great link to sign up for updates for our Chevrolet Corvette : https://www.chevrolet.ca/en/upcoming.../2020-corvette

We thank you for contacting General Motors of Canada Company. Should you have future questions or concerns, please contact us again through our website, or call our Customer Care Centre, toll-free, 1-800-263-3777, Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 9:00pm, Saturdays, 8:00am to 5:00pm, Eastern Standard Time.

Thank you for the opportunity to be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Sheri P
        Customer Care Ambassador
        General Motors of Canada Company
        1908 Colonel Sam Drive
        Oshawa, ON L1H 8P7

Comment

Canadian here.

Unfortunately my Salesman contacted me over the weekend after the pricing came out and advised that "dealerships in our city are charging a $10,000 Market Adjustment and they are likely to follow suit". He will try to argue my case to pay MSRP as that was the deal when I gave my deposit. I don't know the arrangement for market adjustments if the salesman gets a cut or not.

I am disappointed.

My deposit has been in since last November; I have my order sheet but I do not believe that it was picked up on the first consensus. It is not a stripper model, it has 15k in options.

I don't know if I am cut out for the "pay to play" crowd. I have the means to pay it; but it is a tough pill to swallow.

I should be excited to be getting the C8, I must admit that I am not as excited as before. This reminds me of the games that Porsche plays to get a GT model.

Comment

“Market Adjustment” is his way of saying the dealership wants to gouge you an extra 10K to buy from us. I would tell him see ya pal...
            Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

Originally posted by Sparro View Post
              “Market Adjustment” is his way of saying the dealership wants to gouge you an extra 10K to buy from us. I would tell him see ya pal...
              Yeah, I had to fight a "market adjustment" when I ordered the Golf R in 2016. I laughed at them: a Market Adjustment for a VW Golf....Cancel my order. The market adjustment disappeared after that.

I can't blame them for trying; it is all about profits and there is a demand; so they try to take some extra profit.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy2bHere View Post
                Canadian here.

Unfortunately my Salesman contacted me over the weekend after the pricing came out and advised that "dealerships in our city are charging a $10,000 Market Adjustment and they are likely to follow suit". He will try to argue my case to pay MSRP as that was the deal when I gave my deposit. I don't know the arrangement for market adjustments if the salesman gets a cut or not.

I am disappointed.

My deposit has been in since last November; I have my order sheet but I do not believe that it was picked up on the first consensus. It is not a stripper model, it has 15k in options.

I don't know if I am cut out for the "pay to play" crowd. I have the means to pay it; but it is a tough pill to swallow.

I should be excited to be getting the C8, I must admit that I am not as excited as before. This reminds me of the games that Porsche plays to get a GT model.
                What City?

If in Ontario, there are dealers at MSRP.
                2020 C8 Corvette
                Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
                2LT, Z51 + MRC
                Spectra Grey Tridents
                Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler

I'm a Rat and so is my car! (a reference to the Chinese astrological calendar).

Comment

Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post

What City?

If in Ontario, there are dealers at MSRP.
                  In Manitoba. And to be clear, I don't begrudge the dealer for trying to make as much $$ as they can; they are in business to make money and this is a popular car. The Salesman has been great and communicated clearly.

I have dealt with this salesman before and the service and follow through has been excellent. He is the type that just wants to get things done without any bull****.
                  Last edited by Happy2bHere; 09-16-2019, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Interesting. I am in Winnipeg and have gotten a different story. Which dealer did you get this info from?

Comment

Originally posted by Happy2bHere View Post
                      I have dealt with this salesman before and the service and follow through has been excellent. He is the type that just wants to get things done without any bull****.
                      Yeah, sometimes good salespeople are at the mercy of a sales manager or owner that thinks more about short-term profits than the long-term, i.e. you buying multiple vehicles, or recommending the dealer versus telling people to avoid them, etc.

Originally posted by TimT
                      Interesting. I am in Winnipeg and have gotten a different story. Which dealer did you get this info from?
                      What did your dealer / salesperson tell you? Maybe we can help Happy2bHere avoid that other dealer.

Comment

I was told by both the sales person and the sales manager that strictly MSRP. No added markup.

Comment

Originally posted by TimT View Post
                          Sent you a private message

Comment

I was told by both the sales person and the sales manager that strictly MSRP. No added markup.
                            I have sent a message to your dealership. Thank you.

Comment

I was on the list at Vickar and Murray in Winnipeg and I was told that I would pay MSRP but unfortunately I was not going to get one of the first ones in the spring. I'm now ordering from Calgary at MSRP. Which dealership is asking for 10k over MSRP?

Comment

Originally posted by the_sim View Post

I was on the list at Vickar and Murray in Winnipeg and I was told that I would pay MSRP but unfortunately I was not going to get one of the first ones in the spring. I'm now ordering from Calgary at MSRP. Which dealership is asking for 10k over MSRP?
                                I'd rather not mention the dealership here as I don't want to blackball myself on getting the C8.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X