Start of Canadian C8 Pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start of Canadian C8 Pricing

More pricing info is needed please. To our Canadian members, please fill in for I only have one price, that of $79,898 MSRP for a 2LT. [Source, with thanks: 5051777.]

Do you have more info, and what does this translate to in real terms please (because I have seen the usual US=CAN currency conversion figures and others posting something else)?
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

The Canadian base 1LT price is CDN $69,995 as mentioned by Bikerjulio in this post. I believe this is based on a GM Canada press release which I'll try to dig up.

No confirmation that the prices include the destination delivery charge, but since the US prices do, we're hopeful that applies to Canada too.

Comment

Thanks Klinn.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

OK, I found the GM Canada press release. The basics: (edited to add Z51, NPP, E60 prices)
        • 1LT = CDN $69,998
        • 2LT = CDN $79,898
        • 3LT = CDN $85,398
        • Canadian MSRP includes the Destination Freight Charge of CDN $2000.
        • Z51 = CDN $5900
        • NPP by itself = CDN $1375
        • E60 Lift = CDN $1875
        • No details about other option pricing yet
        Oshawa, Ont. (September 13, 2019) — With its new mid-engine configuration and sleek, modern design, the 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray offers unprecedented performance at a starting price of $69,998 (including Destination Freight Charge of $2,000, excluding tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment).

The 1LT will start at $69,998, the 2LT trim package will start at $79,898 and the top-level 3LT trim package on the 2020 Corvette Stingray will start at $85,398 (including DFC, excluding tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment).

Edit: Prices added for Z51, NPP, and E60 can be found in the graphic at bottom of press release.

Edit 2: After crunching the numbers, ratios to convert US option prices to Canadian are all over the place. NPP = 1.151, Z51 = 1.180, E60 = 1.254 . So it's difficult to use any of these to reliably predict what the Canadian price will be for other unlisted options. Patience, I guess.
        Last edited by Klinn; 09-13-2019, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Excellent and comprehensive info. Thank you Klinn.

I wonder if someone could complete please the pricing for a 2LT with Z51 (having a no cost color, with no other options), share the current exchange Conversion rate, so we could do some sort of comparison for that car being $72,325 U.S. Reason why I am asking, is that I am hearing two opposite things, that GM is putting a hurt on Canadians getting the same car, and the total reverse.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
            Excellent and comprehensive info. Thank you Klinn.

I wonder if someone could complete please the pricing for a 2LT with Z51 (having a no cost color, with no other options), share the current exchange Conversion rate, so we could do some sort of comparison for that car being $72,325 U.S. Reason why I am asking, is that I am hearing two opposite things, that GM is putting a hurt on Canadians getting the same car, and the total reverse.

Thank you.
            Total reverse. GM is being very kind to Canadians on the base model. On a quick look it seems that GM is charging close to parity on the upcharge to 2LT. It looks like the US Canadian exchange rate today is 1.33 Canadian to US making a price parity of close to $79,800 for a base 1LT-for which they are getting an almost $10k Canadian discount.

the example you posed of a 2LT with Z51 is $85898 Canadian or converted to US $64,584- for which we have to pay $73,235 as you stated.
            Last edited by Dumbell2; 09-13-2019, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Thank you Dumbell2. Very nice that GM is being positive to our good neighbors to the north. Now if they would also reward them with increased allocations compared to the C7 era, that would be also very nice.

Comment

Canadians are used to paying more for nearly everything. It is nice that GM is cutting Canadians a break.
                i have previously calculated that a lot of items are 25-40 percent more expensive in Canada 🇨🇦 even after taking the exchange rate into account.

Comment

The rate for a 2LT works out to less than 19% premium when today's spot rate is still around 32%.

Around a $9,000 CDN discount. I'm OK with that.
                  2020 C8 Corvette ....... TPW 2/03/20
                  Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
                  Z51 + MRC
                  Spectra Grey Tridents
                  Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler

Comment

GM and other manufacturers have to be nice to us since we have such a wimpy dollar.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but for comparison's sake, for C7's we got a slightly better break, averaging about a 1.16 ratio overall.

Comment

Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post
                      The rate for a 2LT works out to less than 19% premium when today's spot rate is still around 32%.

Around a $9,000 CDN discount. I'm OK with that.
                      It is funny. From what we see so far it is only the 2LT package that is being "overcharged for" by about $200 Canadian. Everything else seems to be priced at a discount. The biggest being the base 1LT model. Even so the total price for a 2LT is much cheaper in Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumbell2 View Post
                        Canadians are used to paying more for nearly everything. It is nice that GM is cutting Canadians a break.
                        i have previously calculated that a lot of items are 25-40 percent more expensive in Canada 🇨🇦 even after taking the exchange rate into account.
                        When it comes to cars I believe you are mistaken. We appear to be one of the lowest cost countries in the Western world. I have studied this a bit.

I don't travel much but my buddy thinks our casual dining prices are a lot lower than the US as well.
                        Z51 + MRC
                        Spectra Grey Tridents

Comment

Originally posted by Dumbell2 View Post

It is funny. From what we see so far it is only the 2LT package that is being "overcharged for" by about $200 Canadian. Everything else seems to be priced at a discount. The biggest being the base 1LT model. Even so the total price for a 2LT is much cheaper in Canada.
                          Can you translate that to English please?
                          Z51 + MRC
                          Spectra Grey Tridents

Comment

When it comes to cars I believe you are mistaken. We appear to be one of the lowest cost countries in the Western world. I have studied this a bit.

I don't travel much but my buddy thinks our casual dining prices are a lot lower than the US as well.
                            Didn't mean cars (right now). Agree with you about that. Casual dining is a funny thing. Look at the prices on the Cheesecake Factory menu (Yorkdale) and compare to US pricing. BMW and Porsches are also currently a deal in Canada. A friend recently purchase a new 911 GTS at a multi $10000 (maybe $30k-don't remember exactly)discount to US pricing. Also. Look at Amazon.ca vs Amazon.com.

Comment

Can you translate that to English please?
                              2LT $7300 US converts to $9709 Canadian. Actual Canadian price for 2LT is $9900 Canadian
                              US 1LT is priced at $59995 which would convert to $79,793 Canadian-but is actually priced at $69,998 (almost $10k Canadian Discount).

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X