Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #109 - Corvette News & Headlines, Mid-May 2022

Join your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com and they discuss what’s happening with America’s Sports Car. https://youtu.be/LY-bD8tscBs; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...HXCQFbRpXxWPtK
1. Hard Top Convertibles now account for 48% of Corvette orders
2. Here are the most popular Corvette colors of 2022
3. 70th anniversary models delayed because of wheel constraints
4. Export versions of the C8 Z06 with corner mounted exhaust will be exported
5. The 2023 Stingray/Z06 Owner’s Manual available for download
6. The 2023 C8 Z06 is the official Pace Car for the Indianapolis 500
7. Corvette Racing’s drivers take a C8 Stingray on the track at Spring Mountain
8. Corvette Hall Of Fame inductees announced
9. Corvette is the AutoCar 2022 Dream Car of the Year

CORVETTE TODAY is the best way to stay current on what’s happening with Corvette! Don’t miss this episode…..

LISTEN TO THE PODCAST, WATCH THE YOUTUBE VIDEO, SIGN UP FOR EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS AND JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP AT:

www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
2 of 2 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

First MECF Member To Status 2000? Coming In About Eight Days! Prize Awarded.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First MECF Member To Status 2000? Coming In About Eight Days! Prize Awarded.

Earlier major C8 Milestones include our remembering this April 11th NYC drive.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DDE629D5-B46C-491E-8B2D-91A21EEC52D6.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.15 MB ID:	68455
    Picture thanks/credit to Detroit News.

Then 7.18.19’s magical reveal:

Click image for larger version  Name:	35956D04-707A-470B-8E0E-35807A566431.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	46.0 KB ID:	68456

Then pricing and ability to enter status 1100 codes on July 24th!

NOW THE BIGGIE, share that you are the 1st MECF member to become status STATUS 2000 for your own C8 — and receive a copy of Keith Cornett’s Special Edition Corvette Book.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2591B720-2CDD-47E5-9D46-414399A0F20E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	146.3 KB ID:	68457
    The first status 2000 C8’s could happen as soon as ten days away, for roughly about midnight, Saturday, Sept. 14th, GM will start the official order acceptance process. For those new to this, status 2000 is when first order will be officially accepted by GM, their written commitment to build that exact ordered car including every one of its options and colors.

To celebrate this major milestone, we are giving away that book to the first person who posts a picture of their 2000 status on an official GM WorkBench Connect form.

Here first is what this would look like (this is from my C7 Z06 order — though this was when it was earlier 1100 status. Below that from is a typical internal order progression document would look like.

Click image for larger version  Name:	357A9DA2-0783-4613-97F8-48F00C408B7F.jpeg Views:	176 Size:	348.0 KB ID:	68464
    Click image for larger version  Name:	B3E7B15C-1DC1-40AD-8AB4-5DBC3F252083.jpeg Views:	174 Size:	137.4 KB ID:	68465

Note please, to win Keith’s book, again we would need a screen print of one of the official GM forms.

Of course to get your order accepted one needs to have ordered a white, black, Torch Red, Shadow Gray, Ceramic Gray and Sebring Order, and meet the other parameters shown in our sticky’d constraint thread.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ay-constraints

Best of luck. I talked to a forum member yesterday who has his Torch Red order in at status 1100 with a top dealer, has of course no constraints of any other nature, so we know we have at least one person in the running.

Guessing we have tens if not a hundred members in the running.

We will give away another copy of Keith’s book for the first MECF member who is later pictured getting her/his C8 at their dealership sometime in early 2020. But first, let’s get a whole bunch of C8’s accepted to status 2000.
    Last edited by John; 09-07-2019, 04:38 PM.
    Z07 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available including the wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

cool...

good luck

i suggest it will be Mike Furman maybe fasttoys? I think je said his reservation was in 2015 or 2016?.

way before the rest of is even knew there would be a rear mid engine corvette..

Comment

Very exciting!

Comment

I need the front lift but can’t afford the Z51 package and the FE4 otherwise my Torch Red C8 wouldn’t be constrained. If only my driveway wasn’t so steep for just a few feet.

Best of luck to whoever gets the first order through.

Comment

There should be a bunch of ties, right?
          Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Originally posted by mpgxsvcd View Post
            I need the front lift but can’t afford the Z51 package and the FE4 otherwise my Torch Red C8 wouldn’t be constrained. If only my driveway wasn’t so steep for just a few feet.

Best of luck to whoever gets the first order through.
            Ramp? Piece of wood? A little quickset concrete? Maybe there is a cheaper solution.

Comment

I’m in and let’s see who wins. My salesman going to think I’m a little nuts though. He did text me back 10 4
              Last edited by MikeC8; 09-07-2019, 10:13 AM.
              2022 Torch Red. 2LT. Z51 ,mag ride ,gray trident wheels .black trim with red interior

2023 Z06 wait list # 396 at Ciocca Chevy

Comment

Originally posted by Dumbell2 View Post

Ramp? Piece of wood? A little quickset concrete? Maybe there is a cheaper solution.
                Homeowners association won’t let me change anything because it would affect the drainage of water past my driveway. Anything I place there to make it less steep would affect how the water flows to the drain.

I guess I could always move but that might not be the cheapest option either.🥴

Comment

Cool idea! What is the best way to access this official GM WorkBench Connect form from home?

Comment

Unfortunately there is no external GM WorkBench Connect access from home, e.g., strictly an internal document.

However, confirming we have made more C8 progress that all dealers in the U.S. got their initial allocation confirmed today, specifically thanks to Glenn Quamire, who appears to work at a Chevy dealer, we have the below internal screen print. Please note that this does mean that the currently scheduled SOP (start of production) has been delayed two weeks until December 16th. It does mean that the process of GM building our C8 has gone another significant step closer.

As we have noted quite a bit lately, the first “real” C8 orders go in just six days from now.

Thanks again Glenn Quagmire for this print. It also puts into writing what we have collectively understood for over a year, that once the initial ones are completed, that they will go into a QCH (quality control hold) status — where they are held on BGA grounds before shipping for literally an unknown amount of time. This time is currently unknown to both us and to GM, for only after they start to build them, then conduct their intensive after assembly-line-completion checks on them with their expanded QC team, will GM know when they are comfortable shipping the first C8’s from the plant. Estimates of the QCH time vary, but never less than two weeks, mostly four weeks for first of a new generation Corvette — but again even GM does not now know when they will be shipping the first customer cars.

Click image for larger version  Name:	11638E1D-23BB-4CC9-A37B-0A1AFEEDC5D9.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	100.7 KB ID:	68549
                    Enjoying my Shadow gray C8. What a car it is.

Comment

First MECF Member To Status 2000? Coming In About Ten Days! Prize Awarded.

Great idea! Helps all of us keep up with ordering and production events. Somebody get something when they get to 6000? A C8!

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow View Post
                        Please note that this does mean that the currently scheduled SOP (start of production) has been delayed two weeks until December 16th.
                        Estimates of the QCH time vary, but never less than two weeks, mostly four weeks for first of a new generation Corvette — but again even GM does not now know when they will be shipping the first customer cars.
                        Great info. From Dec 16 add WAG a week plus maybe 4 weeks OTC sounds like first one rolling outa Bowling Green around 3rd full week Jan.

Last edited by Boomer; 09-06-2019, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Needs a separate "Canadian" version for your poor cousins up North
                          2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
                          Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
                          2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
                          Spectra Grey Tridents.
                          Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

Can someone explain how we can independently verify our status 2000?

Comment

The only ways under the C8 program are to get a print out from your dealership or to get a written response back from a Concierge. Sorry, we wish there were more ways.

If anyone figures/finds out additional ways, please let us all know!
                              Last edited by John; 09-11-2019, 03:54 PM.
                              Z07 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available including the wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X