Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Sites For Your Convenience And Inquiries

*Build/Price:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...hanks-to-mkenm
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide (9/6): https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...page=&butID=1#
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections. Thank you.
See more
See less

Ordering My C8 @ Mike Furman’s — Including Purchasing Process Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordering My C8 @ Mike Furman’s — Including Purchasing Process Info

Mike wrote nine (9) C8 deposits in three hours while at his desk and more...

Click image for larger version  Name:	2FC85FA7-E00A-41B4-B757-62D5E77AE411.jpeg Views:	3287 Size:	154.2 KB ID:	67131

During that time, I sold our 2015 Z06 to Criswell’s used car dept (a pre-arraigned, sight unseen, price-agreed, seamless, five minute process). Then Mike & I formally entered my C8 order into the GM WorkBench Connect system. For new followers of my C8 history, our C8 deposit has been with Mike since Feb. 1, 2015. He showed me today a copy of my original check I wrote then.

Amazing how many of his new customers are a result of referrals from his previous customers — a significant measure of how his customers feel about him. I asked him about that and he said that all of his Corvette orders are repeat customers or are referrals, e.g., no wonder Mike Furman @Criswell keeps selling more and more. He has not had a single dealership walk-in Corvette customer in at least eight years.

Purchasing Process Notes:

*To specifically enter my order, it took us about half hour, doing the slowest, most-methodical way possible to insure 100% accuracy, to go from start to completion of our order — including the separate, second step of his General Sales Manager entering it in the Master ordering system — thus generating my actual C8 status 1100 order number. Mike initially printed out my draft order, told me to go over it slowly line by line, comparing it to my spec list I brought with me into his dealership. For those not physically in his office when he enters your order, this is done over the phone, email, and/or by a fax. Either way, Mike follows up with the customer reviewing the written draft specs — for the customer to methodically review, line by line, the entire order form. Then once the customer has confirmed those exact order specs, the customer then signs and returns its signature page (Mike of course retaining the final specs in his computer). This double-check insures that the then-submitted order is flawlessly accurate.

BTW, my status 1100 order is XGHTXG, which I now remember as: X-tra Great HT(for its HTO two tone blue interior), X-tra Great.

*If one were to try to enter in a “delayed availability” LPO accessory, it could not be done for it is not even on Mike’s computer screen. Just for grins even though we know two of my LPO Accessories were Gm declared as “delayed availability,” he scanned his screen a couple of times — but neither were there. It was an attempt to order my desired LPO Edge Red engine cover and my visible carbon fiber mirror caps ; so I would have to order them separately later when they are no longer constrained.

*However, if one enters in a regular (non LPO) constrained option, such as my Elkhart Lake Blue color, it will allow that option, and thus that order would be entered into the system as a 1100 status order; however that order will be an internal “priority 99” (constrained) code. If I had instead ordered one of the initial allowed six allocation colors today, it would have gone in today as a “priority 1” (allowed) order. In either case, like every other status 1100 order, all of them will remain sitting at 1100 status until Thursday, September 12th (1st day of official constraints). It would become matched with Mike’s 50+ C8 monthly allocations on that date, and then quickly become status 2000 by Saturday, September 12th.

*Alas, as my Elkhart Lake Blue is color-wise constrained until Thursday, Oct. 3rd, my specific order will sit in 1100 status limbo AND also in “priority 99” until then. On October 3rd, two things happen (one as a result of the other). First, it would be changed to “priority 1,” and consequently as a priority 1 and it being matched with Mike’s 50+ C8 allocations for also that second consensus, it would move from its entry 1100 status to status 2000 by Saturday, October 5th.

To summarize was what happening in the three hours I was privileged to be in Mike’s office while he worked, in between Mike answering “fresh” C8 calls and then almost always accepting those folks’ $1000 refundable deposits, Mike starting to call some of his top 60+ time/date stamped C8 priority list and then asking them to today or soonest they were comfortable to provide him their actual specs, Mike was busy lining up next week’s C7 deliveries, arranging for Plycon Trucking to pick up far-flung incoming trade ins, or in reverse setting up deliveries for just sold C7’s (and the other eight (8) brands he sells), and his conducting similar purchasing activities.

It was a BIG FUN three hours watching Mike helping his multitude of customers.

I was asked via email to show it in this thread as it is in the visualizer:

Click image for larger version  Name:	643AE3EC-A926-4559-AC53-9B447D3E1A2D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	413.0 KB ID:	68517

Last edited by John; 09-06-2019, 01:36 PM.
    GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Here’s XGHTXG:

Engine: LT2 - Engine Gas, 8 Cyl, 6.2L, DI, AFM, VVT, NO, ALUM

Trim: 3LT

GS7: Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic

HTO: Twilight/Tension Blue, Napa, Full Dipped

1SZ: Discount Option Package

3A9: Seat Belt: Tension Blue

A2X: Seat adjuster, driver 8-way power

A7K: Seat adjuster, passenger 8-way power

AH2: GT2

AE4: Bolster, Drivers Seat, Power

AHH: Bolster, Pass Seat, Power

AL9: Seat adjuster, power driver lumbar control

AT9: Seat adjuster, power passenger lumbar control

AHE: Seat Adjuster, driver power bolster

AHH: Seat Adjuster, passenger power bolster

B4Z: PTM Performance Traction Management

DRG: Outside Rear View Mirrors, Carbon Fiber Flash Painted

DRZ: Rear Camera Mirror with Auto Dimming

DYX: Mirror O/S LH&RH Elec., Heat, Flat Drvr, Power Fold

E60: Adjustable Front Lift Height

EF7: Country: United States

EYT: Carbon Flash Exterior Badge Package

EFR: Exterior Accents: Carbon Flash (Side Vent and F/R Grille)

EYT: Ornamentation Ext Emblem Nameplate Carbon Flash Pkg

FA5: Trim Interior Visible Carbon Fiber

FE4: Suspension, Z51 Perf with Magnetic Selective Ride Control

FE9: Emissions, Federal

GM7: Rear Axle, 3.80 Ratio

IOT: Infotainment System 8” HD Color, Touchscreen w/Nav

IWE: Suede-Wrapped Upper Interior Trim Package

J55: Brake Package, Z51

J6N: Calipers, Edge Red Painted

LT2: Engine Gas, 8 Cyl, 6.2L, DI, AFM, VVT, HO, Alum

M1L: Transmission, Auto 8-Speed, Dual Clutch

MAH: Market Area, US, Puerto Rico, VI

NK4: Steering Wheel, Sport Leather

NPP: Performance Exhaust

NTB: Emissions, Federal

Q8T: Whls, Machined Face w/ Spectra Gray, 5-Trident Spoke. Alum

SLL: Sold Order

T0A: Rear Spoiler, Z51

U2K: Satellite Radio

UD7: Rear Park Assist

UE1: OnStar System

UFG: Rear Cross Traffic Alert

UG1: Universal Home Remote

UFT: Side Blind Zone Alert

UGT: Performance Data & Video Recorder

UQH: Bose Performance Series Audio, 14 Speakers

UQT: Performance Data & Video Recorder

UQV: Communication Equip Proximity System

UTJ: Theft Deterrent, Electrical, Unauthorized Entry

UTU: Sensor, Vehicle Inclination

UTV: Sensor, Vehicle Interior Movement

UV6: Heads Up Display

UVA: Front and Rear View Vision Cameras

V08: Cooling System Heavy Duty

VK3: Front License Plate Bracket

XFQ: High Performance, BW, 245/35ZR19 Frt; 305/30ZR20 SL-rear

YM8: LPO Processing Option

Z51: Z51 Performance Package

ZYC: Carbon Flash

ZZ3: Engine Appearance Package

Accessory Items:

LPO 5VM: Ground Effects Kit In Visible Carbon Fiber

LPO VQK: Black Molded Splash Guards

LPO SNG: Fender Hash Marks In Edge Red with Carbon Flash Metallic Accent

LPO SFE: Wheel Locks (not the black ones)

Accessory Delayed/Upcoming:

LPO RCD: Engine Cover In Edge Red (Either paint myself or dealer purchase later)

LPO 5JR: Door Mirror Covers Visible Carbon Fiber (Dealer purchase later)
    GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Cool new ride. Congrats
      Last edited by JB; 09-03-2019, 07:36 AM.
      Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT (only two options)

Comment

That’s eXiGHTinXG! Congrats!
        Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....XGMF5X

Comment

John had to draw the line somewhere, so no black lug nuts. $225 saved !!

Comment

Thanks for the write-up and it sounds like you've got a beautiful "WRP SPD 2" coming your way. The extra few weeks waiting for the constraints may go by agonizingly slowly, but they're just a blip in the overall time you'll have enjoying the car just as you envisioned it.

Was Mike able to actually show you what the front plate bracket looked like? I'm curious how it will be integrated into the front end.

What are your plans for lowering the car? Since you got the E60 lift, that puts the Z51 adjustable front perches out of the picture, so are you planning an aftermarket solution or ????

Congratulations!

Comment

Very Nice John.....

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post
                Thanks for the write-up and it sounds like you've got a beautiful "WRP SPD 2" coming your way. The extra few weeks waiting for the constraints may go by agonizingly slowly, but they're just a blip in the overall time you'll have enjoying the car just as you envisioned it.

Was Mike able to actually show you what the front plate bracket looked like? I'm curious how it will be integrated into the front end.

What are your plans for lowering the car? Since you got the E60 lift, that puts the Z51 adjustable front perches out of the picture, so are you planning an aftermarket solution or ????

Congratulations!
                We are still missing critical info on the front plate mounting. While Keith/CorvetteBlogger was able to interview Kirk Bennion at the NCM 25th, there was so much cross-noise during that interview, that it might not have worked out. Mike is also awaiting the same clarifications on the front LP as we are.

As to the E60/Z51 combo precluding front height adjustment, at NCM I talked with Josh Holder, C8 Launch Engineer, and that final, factory-set height is still being worked out — so again we do not know what we will be receiving from the assembly line. Hopefully it looks pretty good. Maybe I will create something that exactly fits the bottom of the extra deep frunk, weights about 150 pounds of its 300 pound frunk’s weight capacity to bring the front end down? Far fetched, maybe, but I am considering all options. Including aftermarket.

We had an experience in the last part of our trip from BG to Criswell that confirmed for us, who travel to many unfamiliar places on long road trips, to get front lift (and as you saw above, we ordered it). And as we all know, the E60/Z51 does not preclude rear adjustment of the spring perches and its final height.

As to waiting, that will work out fine for lots to learn in the interim, additional road trips in our WRX and other activities.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                  Maybe I will create something that exactly fits the bottom of the extra deep frunk, weights about 150 pounds of its 300 pound frunk’s weight capacity to bring the front end down?
                  Heh-heh, a couple big bags of kitty litter might do the trick.

Comment

Just change out the front springs if younwant a slightly lower front height with the E60 lift aystem.
                    Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT (only two options)

Comment

Congrats John! The C8 will look great traveling the great north west and the great U.S. Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                        Just change out the front springs if younwant a slightly lower front height with the E60 lift aystem.
                        Or go old school.....get out the blow torch and collapse or cut off a piece.....NOT!
                        I think I’ll be passing on the E60.
                        Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....XGMF5X

Comment

Beautiful spec car!!! Congrats! Love that color combo. Just a dumb question...so with that specific two-tone blue interior, there is not the extra charge for “two tone interior “ as well as the extra cost for that blue seat belt? That’s how I see it. Thanks

Comment

That's going to be one great Corvette.
                            1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
                            2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

That looks great. Just waiting til my allocation comes up with Mike to do the same. Patience is a something I have to learn, but the wait will be worth it.
                              2014 Laguna Blue 3LT Stingray
                              2019 Sebring Orange 2LT Grand Sport

2020 C8 in Sebring Orange 2LT with Z51, Magnetic Ride, Spectra Gray Trident wheels, Carbon Flash Mirrors/Spoiler, Front Lift, Orange Seat Belts, Black Interior, GT2 seats.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X