Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: Latest Corvette News And Headlines

Things are starting to heat up about the new C8 Z06! And CORVETTE TODAY covers it all in this News & Headlines episode. Here are some of the topics you'll hear about ... https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...kihhFe5DMAPYnY
1. Final stats for the 2021 model year C8 Corvette
2. Nearly half of the C8.R IMSA Edition C8’s are already sold
3. 2022 C8 Configurator is now live
4. The C8 was the 2nd fastest selling new car in August 2021
5. Consumer Reports declines to recommend the 2021 C8 Corvette
6. 2021 C8 tops its class in the JD Power APEAL Study
7. A Nurburgring video captures 2023 C8 Z06 with unofficial track time
8. We have video evidence that the C8 Z06 will also come in an HTC
9. Did we see the reveal colors on the last teaser video for the C8 Z06?
10. Another Easter Egg discovery on the C8 Z06 “Save the Date” video
11. Spy photos of the C8 E-ray confirm it’s a performance hybrid
12. New Zealand about to get their right-hand drive C8 Corvettes
13. The C8 Z06 might break 3 production V8 records
14. Chevrolet has officially quit making the LT5 engine with 755 hp

This is a long list of topics, and it's not everything that's covered in this episode of the CORVETTE TODAY podcast.

Listen Here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Website & Merchandise: www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
Get CORVETTE TODAY email notifications: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
Join the CORVETTE TODAY Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCRn-2X0SjjEXUt_...
2 of 3 < >

PRIVATE MESSAGE HINT/HELP

Some are having trouble seeing a PM another member has sent them, saying it is just the title and then a big white blank page. Just click on the title and the message will open up for you. Thanks.
See more
See less

drop off rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drop off rate

how do you figure the drop off rate to be 40% that seems high to me? Is this based on the C7

Originally posted by stryker1969 View Post
    how do you figure the drop off rate to be 40% that seems high to me? Is this based on the C7
    I posed this question before myself, I don’t think it’s an accurate portrayal of any singular dealership but rather overall.

For me I was number 17 and I’m now number 16 after the 5% deposit so that 40% didn’t apply or even come close for me

Comment

Supposedly some change their mind....ir no manual transmission, some dont like the look, so,etimes its personal and the buyer has a spouse that says are you crazy.....some are getting divorced , some are newly separated, some lose their jobs, some get demoted, some all of a sudden find out they are having a kid...

some unfortunately have a health related issue .....

the list can be varied...

some have multiple reservations at various dealers.....

thats the most common....in my opinion...

Comment

The 40% number came from one of the top Corvette sellers based on experience with previous generations.
        Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Quite a few people have reservations at multiple dealers, and will obviously cancel all but one.
          Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Gators2020, you don’t know if ten people after you have dropped out. The math is faulty.

Comment

Originally posted by John Parker View Post
              Gators2020, you don’t know if ten people after you have dropped out. The math is faulty.
              Correct I was just referring to it as it applies specifically
              to me. There’s a chance that 40% drop rate occurred after my number but also isn’t likely given that the dealership only has 40 reservations at the time I placed my 1100 order.

Comment

If it is an industry wide 40%?

The rate also has a temporal dimension. It changes with time. Not all drop on the same day, nor same stage and some may later get in again. Sounds like it means that 60 % ultimately take delivery and 40% do not. And is a rule of thumb.

If all 100% placed deposits, made orders, marshaled financials, and complied with all purchase perquisites, except that 40% refused for whatever causes to close the deal on the delivery date , then that is still a 40% that dropped off. Same as if they earlier refused to answer the dealer's notice/ call when their number was reached. Or correct my error if necessary.

I know a wife who torpedoed a C7 purchase at closing because the family was 3 and only 2 seats. Blew it up. Said it was divisive.
                Last edited by SheepDog; 08-27-2019, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Medical, divorce, financial, I bought a 427 C2, 1967 instead, etc., are just some of the many reasons in additions to drop offs who were on multiple dealer’s pre-order lists. A member of this forum must moved from being # 3 at his dealership, because of those factors and also because two above him only will a certain color that is temporarily constrained. The drop off reasons are truly endless.

So many factors collectively add up, as a long term average when demand exceeds supply, in a 40% drop off rate. Source = Mike Furman.
                  GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

You could probably buy a couple of C8s for what a 427 '67 roadster would cost.
                    Save the wave.

Comment

The inverted yield curve has persisted. 2yr Treasuries pay more than 10yr Treasuries. Other growth concerns. Who knows what the "drop off rate" will be.
                      Last edited by Boomer; 08-27-2019, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Introduction of the Spyder will cause a lot of orders to change, falling down the list. Maybe even me. Isn't that supposed to come soon?
                        Torch red 1LT, no options. Built June 4, received July 2

Comment

Originally posted by WillRockwell View Post
                          Introduction of the Spyder will cause a lot of orders to change, falling down the list. Maybe even me. Isn't that supposed to come soon?
                          At Carlisle, a GM person told me "in about 3 months."
                          Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I bought a 427 C2, 1967 instead,
                            Ying to my yang. I was in the market for a '67 427 until the C8 was announced. Decided I wanted a warranty.)))
                            C8 Coupe, Zeus Bronze, 3LT, TU7, HUE, GUI, CF7, EFY, EYK, J6N, NPP, E60, STI, VQK

Comment

Originally posted by WillRockwell View Post
                              I heard a rumor that they will announce by end of November, production could start in April sometime. Verts will be limited for 2020 because of the short production run April - September.
                              Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - Delivered 3/18/20 C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X