Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Trying to time my order; Kerbeck says 2021 C8 production starts in September 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to time my order; Kerbeck says 2021 C8 production starts in September 2020

I’ve been trying to figure out how to time my C8 order so that I will receive the car in October-November of next year. So far no dealer has been able to give me a solid plan to make this happen.

On Kerbeck's C8 page they have this posted: “NEW 2021 C8 CORVETTE STINGRAY PRODUCTION STARTS SEPTEMBER 2020.”

This is the only solid sounding info I have come across. If accurate it should mean that I will be able to take delivery of a 2021 in approximately November if I order in August-September.

Am I thinking correctly?

Does anyone know if Kerbeck’s info is solid?

Thank you

My understanding is that production does not start until December.
    '64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
    '77 Black L82 / 4SPD
    '78 Silver Anniversary L82 / 4SPD
    '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
    '14 Black Z51 Coupe
    '15 Shark Grey Z51 Coupe

'20... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels- 10/1/20😀 GAME CHANGER

Comment

^^ Not to mention some model/options constraints. Kerbeck being #1 in the world has the greatest chance to get some of the constrained items but, GM has been known to make some items a “delayed” product. Example; in 2015 with the introduction of the Z06, the Convertible and A8’s were not available until February of 2015. Sometimes nailing down an even approximate date is kinda “iffy”. 🤔 JMHO.

Comment

Doc is referring to a 2021 model. If I am correct, you two are referring to a 2020. If I remember correctly, Doc said in another post, he was in a lease until early next fall.

I could be wrong, but that is what I think is going on.

Regards Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Kissel View Post
          Doc is referring to a 2021 model. If I am correct, you two are referring to a 2020. If I remember correctly, Doc said in another post, he was in a lease until early next fall.

I could be wrong, but that is what I think is going on.

Regards Brian
          The part about the lease is spot on. However whether it's a 2020 or 2021 is not important to me. Taking delivery in October or November of 2020 is the crucial part.

Thanks.

Comment

Just tell your dealer when you want delivery. Traditionally i order a car and 7 or 8 weeks later its delivered.

if you want the car after Thanksgiving..2020...just place your order with the dealer of your choice and tell them when you want delivery.

all just guess work..on our part.

fwiw...if I were you Id contact Mike Furman at crissell chevy in maryland.

he is doing this 42 years. I believe he will be able to deliver on your desired date...

if you decide you want it before thanksgiving etc...just tell him the date you want the car he will if its humanly possible make it happen.
            Last edited by JB; 08-26-2019, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by docprego View Post
              I’ve been trying to figure out how to time my C8 order so that I will receive the car in October-November of next year. So far no dealer has been able to give me a solid plan to make this happen.

On Kerbeck's C8 page they have this posted: “NEW 2021 C8 CORVETTE STINGRAY PRODUCTION STARTS SEPTEMBER 2020.”

This is the only solid sounding info I have come across. If accurate it should mean that I will be able to take delivery of a 2021 in approximately November if I order in August-September.

Am I thinking correctly?

Does anyone know if Kerbeck’s info is solid?

Thank you
              Kerbeck’s info is 99.999% accurate. However, might even if you pursue this route, run into that Kerbeck might already have many ahead of you on their 2021 list; might there be some changes to the new model resulting in constraints; might there be a two or four week QC release prior to shipping the 2021’s; and/ or might there be other now totally unknown issues arise that thwart your plan?

Your plan might work perfectly, but just suggesting that as in everything else, especially in the automotive world of new products, predicting future timing is something that is a far from a precise matter.

I hope you plan works, but GM has yet to production certify the C8, so looking ahead more than one year and predicting what will happen when, it a far from exact science.
              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I'm happy to say I placed my deposit with Mike Furman today. He told me based on my situation I WILL have a C8 in my driveway next October/November.

I'm excited to say the least. Now the wait....

Comment

I'm happy to say I placed my deposit with Mike Furman today. He told me based on my situation I WILL have a C8 in my driveway next October/November.

I'm excited to say the least. Now the wait....
                  did he say if it will be a 2020 or 2021?

Comment

congratulations and while kerbeck and crisswell not to mention mclaulkin are all excellent corvette dealers I have great confidence in Mike Furmans professionalism that comes with 42 years of selling corvettes...he is a good man to deal with. Imo

best of luck
                    Last edited by JB; 08-26-2019, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bat94man View Post

did he say if it will be a 2020 or 2021?
                      Not explicitly though I did get the sense it would be a 2020. We agreed we'd cross that bridge when we get there.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

Kerbeck’s info is 99.999% accurate. However, might even if you pursue this route, run into that Kerbeck might already have many ahead of you on their 2021 list; might there be some changes to the new model resulting in constraints; might there be a two or four week QC release prior to shipping the 2021’s; and/ or might there be other now totally unknown issues arise that thwart your plan?

Your plan might work perfectly, but just suggesting that as in everything else, especially in the automotive world of new products, predicting future timing is something that is a far from a precise matter.

I hope you plan works, but GM has yet to production certify the C8, so looking ahead more than one year and predicting what will happen when, it a far from exact science.
                        MAKING PREDICTIONS IS HARD........ESPECIALLY ABOUT THE FUTURE........Yogi Berra.
                        Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Normal production cycles are September to July so docprego will be getting a 2021 and is early on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by RoketRdr View Post
                            Normal production cycles are September to July so docprego will be getting a 2021 and is early on the list.
                            However this is not a normal production cycle. Production of the 2020 is widely thought to start late in the 4th quarter and go until next September. I may end up with a 2020, no-one is certain.
                            Last edited by docprego; 08-27-2019, 07:55 PM.

Comment

However this is not a normal production cycle. Production of the 2020 is widely thought to essentially go for a year, September to September. I may end up with a 2020, no-one is certain.
                              Current production doesn’t start until December which is 3 months late. They always shut down in July for retooling, modifications and upgrades for the next cycle and next model (Z06 or ZR1) and start up production again in September. If they produce past next July it would be a first and gives them no time to correct issues in manufacturing or prep for the next model. They doubled up the shifts for 2020 C8 production which is an indicator they’re trying to get in a full year production cycle before the plant shuts down in July. Looking like you will get a 2021.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X