Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Color change and other stuff

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Color change and other stuff

    I've been unsettled on the color for my C8, but have been warming up to the SOT. It was recommended by one of our forum members to look at a C7 since they have the same color. The color was gorgeous both in the showroom and out in the sunlight. So that part is settled.

    Inquired with the sales manager at Maher Chevrolet in St. Pete about Courtesy delivery. Quoted $2k. Offered to sell me a car from their allocation of 100 for over MSRP and adding documentation and advertising fees. He seemed annoyed when I told him I got a much better deal without add ons. Hope he wasn't too offended.

  • #2
    I would not pay a dollar over msrp.

    i would walk away from the c8 ownership with any market adjustment.

    i never would pay over msrp.

    If you want to,..thats a personal choice for sure.

    good luck deciding,

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by JB View Post
      I would not pay a dollar over msrp.

      i would walk away from the c8 ownership with any market adjustment.

      i never would pay over msrp.

      If you want to,..thats a personal choice for sure.

      good luck deciding,
      I've got my deal with MacMulkin at MSRP. The local dealer was the one who thinks he can get a premium. I think he's annoyed with me and I feel so bad!

      He also thinks $2k for Courtesy delivery is fair. lol

      Comment


      • #4
        Maher told me they would not do a courtesy delivery Also will not quote an add on to MSRP No thanks

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by 1963sccamember View Post
          Maher told me they would not do a courtesy delivery Also will not quote an add on to MSRP No thanks
          I'm with you.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Swift93 View Post
            He also thinks $2k for Courtesy delivery is fair. lol
            If you've got the time, $2000 would buy you a nice little road trip home from MacMulkin in your spiffy new Vette!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Klinn View Post

              If you've got the time, $2000 would buy you a nice little road trip home from MacMulkin in your spiffy new Vette!
              If it was a trip on the PCH or thru Colorado mountains I'd love it at the right time of year.

              Comment


              • #8
                That is the most outrageous courtesy delivery fee I ever heard. Many are being done around $500, some even less. However, a caution, if the dealer agrees to do your courtesy delivery but had not Corvette servicing experience, please member the major part of a CD is the pre-delivery-inspection (PDI), which involves over 150 items to check or complete, e.g. be prudent in your CD choices.
                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by John View Post
                  That is the most outrageous courtesy delivery fee I ever heard. Many are being done around $500, some even less. However, a caution, if the dealer agrees to do your courtesy delivery but had not Corvette servicing experience, please member the major part of a CD is the pre-delivery-inspection (PDI), which involves over 150 items to check or complete, e.g. be prudent in your CD choices.
                  Point well taken. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a Chevy dealer, so I don't expect to have any future dealings with them. Life goes on.

                  Comment

                  MECF_728x90_bottom

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X