Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Kai Spande BGA Manager

On this episode of CORVETTE TODAY, you get to meet the Corvette Plant Manager for the Bowling Green Assembly Plant, Kai Spande!
Your host, Steve Garrett, introduces you to Kai as he traces his career with GM. Kai talks about how the Bowling Green Assembly Plant transitioned from the front engine, C7 Corvette, to the mid-engine C8 Corvette. You'll get insights on the plant expansion and how they made that all happen...giving the new C8 Corvette a true state-of-the-art build facility. Kai also tells you about the Corvettes he has owned and the funny story of how he loved Corvettes, but never thought he'd get to work for it during his tenure at GM. Get to personally know Corvette Plant Manager, Kai Spande, on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCRn-2X0SjjEXUt_...
Get CORVETTE TODAY emails: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
NEW!!! Get CORVETTE TODAY merchandise here: https://www.agpestores.com//lanmarxgraphix/grouppr...
See more
See less

Two-tone Interiors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two-tone Interiors

I've seen pictures, or at least renderings, of Natural and Black two-tone interiors. However, I find nothing in the Order Guide that provides codes for this specific combination. I'm sick with the fear that my car will arrive with the wrong interior. Does anyone know better?

This is what I'm after:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2020 Corvette Zeus Bronze 52 in Natural, 2LT, GT2 seats, Suede option, Two-tone Seats option.jpg
Views:	1415
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	62165

C8 Coupe, Zeus Bronze, 3LT, TU7, HUE, GUI, CF7, EFY, EYK, J6N, NPP, E60, STI, VQK

From the order guide:

TU7 Seats, two-tone

2LT - Requires (AH2) GT2 seats. Available with (HUK/HU6) Sky Cool Gray, (HUL/HU7) Adrenaline Red, (HTN/HTQ) Natural interiors.
    3LT - Requires (AH2) GT2 seats. Available with (HU1/HU9) Sky Cool Gray, (HU2/HUA) Adrenaline Red, (HUE/HTG) Natural, (HMO/HVV) Jet Black/Sky Cool Gray, (HU0/HXO) Jet Black/Adrenaline Red interiors.

and

3LT GT2 / Competition buckets AH2 / AE4 Napa leather seating surfaces with perforated inserts HTE HU1 HU2 HUE HZN HTO HU3

2LT GT2 / Competition buckets AH2 / AE4 Napa leather seating surfaces with perforated inserts HTM HUK HUL HTN

3LT GT2
    / Competition buckets AH2 / AE4 Napa leather seating surfaces with perforated sueded microfiber inserts⁵ HTT HU9 HUA⁶ HTG HUF

2LT GT2 / Competition buckets AH2 / AE4 Napa leather seating surfaces with perforated sueded microfiber inserts⁵ HTP HU6 HU7⁶ HTQ

What all these codes tell you is:

In a 2LT, you need to order AH2 (the GT2 seats), TU7 (two-tone seats), and either HTN (Natural with leather seating surfaces) or HTQ (suede seating surfaces)
    In a 3LT, the GT2 seats are included, so you need to order TU7 (two-tone seats), and either HUE (Natural with leather seating surfaces) or HTG (suede seating surfaces)

Hope this helps (And that combination looks really good. Depending on exterior color, that interior might be my choice.)
    Last edited by meyerweb; 08-21-2019, 09:57 AM.
    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Current C7: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black overDaytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Thank you for that. Gotta call the dealer!
      C8 Coupe, Zeus Bronze, 3LT, TU7, HUE, GUI, CF7, EFY, EYK, J6N, NPP, E60, STI, VQK

Comment

Originally posted by Ralston View Post
        Thank you for that. Gotta call the dealer!
        I think you can rest easy. I believe that the TU7 two-tone seats option is your choice. The only thing slightly unclear to me is how you differentiate between solid tan and tan/black seats in the TU7 two-tone option?
        Last edited by George; 08-21-2019, 10:25 AM.
        '64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
        '77 Black L82 / 4SPD
        '78 Silver Anniversary L82 / 4SPD
        '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
        '14 Black Z51 Coupe
        '15 Shark Grey Z51 Coupe
        '20 ... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels - Delivered 10/1/20😀

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post

I think you can rest easy. I believe that the TU7 two-tone seats option is your choice. The only thing slightly unclear to me is how you differentiate between solid tan and tan/black seats in the TU7 two-tone option?
          If you order TU7, you're not going to get solid tan. By definition, TU7 means black inserts with another color on the bolsters (except for the Blue / Blue two tone.) You'll either get tan/black with leather inserts, or tan/black with suede inserts, depending on the RPO code you specify.

If you want solid tan with perforated leather inserts you'll order either HUE (on the 3LT), HTN (2LT with GT2 seats), or or HUV (2LT with GT1 seats).

If you want solid tan with suede inserts, you'll order either HTG (3LT), or HTQ (on the 2LT with GT2 seats). Suede isn't isn't available on the GT1 seats.

OR, if you want the Natural Dipped interior, you'd order HZN (leather inserts) or HUF (suede inserts). 3LT only.

I feel a game of Scrabble coming on.
          Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Current C7: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black overDaytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Comment

That two tone interior is stunning and beautiful in red, grey , blue or natural and contrasting black. Wow..congrats to those who go that route.

the corvette designers will have finally ended the nonsense story that corvettes dont have world class stunning interiors.
            Last edited by JB; 08-21-2019, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
              That two tone interior is stunning and beautiful in red, grey , blue or natural and contrasting black. Wow..congrats to those who go that route.

the corvette designers will have finally ended the nonsense story that corvettes dont have world class stunning interiors.
              Agreed. I'm trying to decide whether I want to bite the bullet for the GT2 seats just so I can get two-tone seats. Well, also suede inserts.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

Agreed. I'm trying to decide whether I want to bite the bullet for the GT2 seats just so I can get two-tone seats. Well, also suede inserts.
                i've been thinking the same thing and it gets you very close to 3LT territory... which could be the blue dipped 2 tone, which I believe doesn't charge for GT2 seats, 2 tone or seatbelts.

but with everything else.. it is into Z06 territory (possibly) also.

Comment

After sitting in several different interiors in Carlisle today (Natural dipped, black, Blue two-tone, gray two-tone and something else I'm drawing a blank on) and seeing the red two tone through glass, I've pretty much decided to bite the bullet. The two-tone seats just look perfect. All red is too much, and all gray just seems too light, and too likely to get dirty. I think the only single color interior that really grabbed me was all black.

Comment

After sitting in several different interiors in Carlisle today (Natural dipped, black, Blue two-tone, gray two-tone and something else I'm drawing a blank on) and seeing the red two tone through glass, I've pretty much decided to bite the bullet. The two-tone seats just look perfect. All red is too much, and all gray just seems too light, and too likely to get dirty. I think the only single color interior that really grabbed me was all black.
                    Which two tone are you going with? As an aside, did the GT2 seats feel different (better/worse) than the GT1?

Comment

Originally posted by 23skinguy View Post

Which two tone are you going with? As an aside, did the GT2 seats feel different (better/worse) than the GT1?
                      I only got to sit in the seats for a few minutes each, but I didn't notice any real difference. Whether you'd notice a difference on an hours long trip, can't say. But note that the GT1 seats only have adjustable lumbar and bolsters, heat and ventilation in the 2LT package.

As for color, it depends on what paint I go with. The red/black seats look great, but don't know if I want a red interior with a red exterior. So if I go with Torch Red, then probably Natural / Black or Gray / Black.

Comment

heat and ventilation in the 2LT package.
                        Does the Competition seats come with heat and ventilation?
                        LT2; Ceramic Gray Metallic; HTM Trim Jet Black; T19 Seat Belt Color Black; AE4 Seat Competition Sport Bucket; E60 Front Lift; Q8Q 5-open spoke Carbon Flash; FE4 Suspension Z51 Magnetic Selective Ride Control; Z51 Performance package
                        Delivered September 16, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Maxster View Post

Does the Competition seats come with heat and ventilation?
                          It looks like it does in the 2LT and 3LT.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X