Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Sites For Your Convenience And Inquiries

*Build/Price:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...hanks-to-mkenm
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide (9/6): https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...page=&butID=1#
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections. Thank you.
See more
See less

R8C Museum Delivery - Payment & Paperwork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the approximate cost per coat for CQuartz Professional?
    1965 Convertible - 327/365 - 4spd - Rally Red/Black - white top
    1972 Coupe - 350/255 - 4spd - Elkhart Green/Saddle
    1981 Coupe - 350/190 - 4spd - Charcoal/SilverGray [new]
    1985 Coupe - 350/230 - 4spd - LightBlue/Blue [new]

Comment

From what I understand it’s about 2500.00 for a Vette here in Saint Louis.
      Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, Just SOLD my 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger for new C8 - On order from Kerbeck
      C8 Spec: Torch Red, 2LT, Z51,FE4,E60,CF7,FA5,AH2,HUL,TUL,Q8P,SC7,ERI,R8C

Comment

Originally posted by ByteBiz View Post
        What is the approximate cost per coat for CQuartz Professional?
        Welcome ByteBiz. Glad you joined us.

Good question. One other factor for your consideration is the number of coats that is applied. Most do two coats, but check with your chosen installer — for obviously the number of coats effects the price. My 4 1/2 year old Z06 had two coats and still after driving to 28 states, its gloss is unequalled.

In Oregon we pay closer to $2,000 or a little less (but have not checked pricing lately). I have a “place” for my C8 to go back to the identical installer.

BTW, I had him “install” its cousin product of CQuartz DeLux on my wheels and my tailpipes (again 4 1/2 years ago), and to clean the tailpipes, any detailer and a black microfiber and less than 15 seconds and they still look like new. Or if lacking detailer, a touch of saliva works just as well.
        GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Originally posted by WMBGC8Corvette View Post
          What do they do at NCM Delivery that ='s $1000?
          First subtract what dealer prep you are not paying. $400?
          Then consider what tickets for a factory tour cost and add something for it being VIP. Way better.
          Then consider what a VIP museum tour is worth where they tell you stuff that is not on plaques.
          Now consider what it is worth to have your paint gone over and corrected as well as anything else not perfect before you ever see it.
          A custom console badge in your car. Not sure where the C8 one is?
          Then picture your new car roped off in the center mall of the museum with your name on it. Viewable on their internet cameras. People congratulating you. Special memorabilia.

Another little know thing is they put a 8.5x11 sign on your car saying NCM Delivery. Not sure why but they want the line workers to know!

It’s a good deal. Do it!

Comment

Originally posted by C7Redneck View Post

Then consider what tickets for a factory tour cost and add something for it being VIP. Way better.
            Then consider what a VIP museum tour is worth where they tell you stuff that is not on plaques.
            Now consider what it is worth to have your paint gone over and corrected as well as anything else not perfect before you ever see it.
            Then picture your new car roped off in the center mall of the museum with your name on it. Viewable on their internet cameras. People congratulating you. Special memorabilia.

Another little know thing is they put a 8.5x11 sign on your car saying NCM Delivery. Not sure why but they want the line workers to know!

It’s a good deal. Do it!

Thank you for the overview Redneck, well done!

I can’t wait to pick up my C8 at NCM!
            Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, Just SOLD my 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger for new C8 - On order from Kerbeck
            C8 Spec: Torch Red, 2LT, Z51,FE4,E60,CF7,FA5,AH2,HUL,TUL,Q8P,SC7,ERI,R8C

Comment

Originally posted by C7Redneck View Post

It’s a good deal. Do it!
              Hey CZR. What is this $400 dealer prep you speak of?

great sales pitch, btw. You have me considering it.
              Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

Welcome ByteBiz. Glad you joined us.

Good question. One other factor for your consideration is the number of coats that is applied. Most do two coats, but check with your chosen installer — for obviously the number of coats effects the price. My 4 1/2 year old Z06 had two coats and still after driving to 28 states, its gloss is unequalled.

In Oregon we pay closer to $2,000 or a little less (but have not checked pricing lately). I have a “place” for my C8 to go back to the identical installer.

BTW, I had him “install” its cousin product of CQuartz DeLux on my wheels and my tailpipes (again 4 1/2 years ago), and to clean the tailpipes, any detailer and a black microfiber and less than 15 seconds and they still look like new. Or if lacking detailer, a touch of saliva works just as well.
                John, you are definitely a car guy if you use saliva for a detail spray. Do you use a second finger if you need a second coat? ☝️🖐 just wondering before I try this. 🍻 🤷🏻‍♂️

Comment

I have been looking into ceramic coatings. I know you need to go to an excellent dealer, but can someone tell me which is better and why, CQuartz Finest, or Ceramic Pro .

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X