Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: Corvette News/Headlines

With the reveal of the new mid-engine C8 Z06 next week, this CORVETTE TODAY News & Headlines episode is a “must listen-to” podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...OSfY9cINY1UxSw Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, teams up again with Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com to bring you the hottest headlines in the world of Corvette…including the latest on the C8 Z06 reveal on October 26th! Here are a few of the topics covered in this podcast:

1. The C8 Z06 will make public debut at the Petersen Automotive Museum on October 26
2. GM makes a change to 2022 Corvette ordered with Z51 and the high wing
3. C8 Corvette ranked 2nd on the list of the fastest selling cars in September 2021
4. C8 E-Rays are testing in Colorado and outside the Nurburgring in Germany
5. A 95 year old WWII veteran is moved to the head of the line to get his 2022 Corvette
6. Mazzanti to build a Corvette-powered Italian supercar with 761 horsepower
7. A truckload of C8’s goes up in flames
8. Watch a video of BGA building right-hand drive C8 Corvettes


You’ll know everything we know when you listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast!


Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXC...lOPPQ/featured
See more
See less

The Order Process

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Order Process

    A couple of weeks ago I put a deposit on a C8. I returned yesterday to place the order detailing my choices for the car. Now here’s the thing: I walked away with a form entitled “Order Workbench,” a GM form which summarizes my car and its options. It has a BAC number (118738), what ever that means.

    The dealer did not require my signature, and I did not get theirs. I have no reason to doubt them other than the fact that I’m working with a car dealership. Most of my previous new car purchase were accomplished via personal connections; I got good deals and never had to haggle. This is all different, and I don’t quite know what to expect.

    Does this sound familiar, or ring any alarm bells?
    C8 Coupe, Zeus Bronze, 3LT, TU7, HUE, GUI, CF7, EFY, EYK, J6N, NPP, E60, STI, VQK

  • #2
    Originally posted by Ralston View Post
    A couple of weeks ago I put a deposit on a C8. I returned yesterday to place the order detailing my choices for the car. Now here’s the thing: I walked away with a form entitled “Order Workbench,” a GM form which summarizes my car and its options. It has a BAC number (118738), what ever that means.

    The dealer did not require my signature, and I did not get theirs. I have no reason to doubt them other than the fact that I’m working with a car dealership. Most of my previous new car purchase were accomplished via personal connections; I got good deals and never had to haggle. This is all different, and I don’t quite know what to expect.

    Does this sound familiar, or ring any alarm bells?
    Good question. I think that your answers can be found here on this forum:

    https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...u-need-to-know

    There are many steps and it has been a learning experience for me too!

    Comment


    • #3
      Good idea to read that thread and to then read all four of the following stickied C8 purchasing threads (the top four in this section).

      https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...r-new-corvette

      After that, I would go visit that dealer, and make friends with the salesperson who is handling your specific order, and if that person is not available, meet with the Sales Manager. Face to face meetings are always better IMO. If you are located away from your dealership and can not drive there, I would make a phone call.

      Right now, not one order in the country is beyond status 1100 (which you are), and everything that takes place prior to September 12th (the first day of the first C8 consensus, is going to remain on hold until that day. That is the first day when I order can start, during that six day consensus starting that Thursday, to move forward to status 2000 (the golden status when GM has formally accepted your order and has committed to build your car).

      One other critical factor, and that is that an order which is initially entered the morning of September 12th is not “behind” a single order entered prior to that date, e.g., there is no GM prioritization for earlier entered orders.

      Lastly, if you are dealing with a major forum dealer, they are 100% trustworthy. They do not know have the time to now work on individual orders, but their reputations speak for themselves, as does their excellent order by order follow up which they initiate at the proper time.

      As to the related question as to why top dealers are not yet working on individual orders, look at the hundreds of posts here in which people keep discussing, “well I just changed my color,” or “I just added (or removed) that option.” To start now and file say 250 orders only to probably later have to change 200+ of them not just once but several times, would be chaos for all.


      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks for the links and tips. I do get anxious when things are out of my control. I might point out that my C8, in Zeus Bronze, is already in a longer queue.
        Gotta learn to relax. Breathe . . . breathe . . . That's it.
        Last edited by Ralston; 08-16-2019, 12:21 PM.
        C8 Coupe, Zeus Bronze, 3LT, TU7, HUE, GUI, CF7, EFY, EYK, J6N, NPP, E60, STI, VQK

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Ralston View Post
          I might point out that my C8, in Zeus Bronze, is already in a longer queue.
          I too am a fan of Zeus Bronze, and it's on my short list of colors.
          My C8:
          '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020 (COVID-19); Delivery July 1, 2020

          Current Vettes:
          '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
          '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
          '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

          Comment


          • #6
            Add me to that Zeus Bronze list as well. My guess is that none of us will see a Zeus Bronze car before Spring, which I'm fine with. There are many variables however, as discussed in this forum's threads on the subject, and depending on your specific options and constraints, as well as your dealers allocation. Actually, I like the idea of the plant workers getting familiar with everything before the Zeus cars come down the line. For me it is the only color that I'm interested is, so, I just have to be patient.
            '64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
            '77 Black L82 / 4SPD
            '78 Silver Anniversary L82 / 4SPD
            '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
            '14 Black Z51 Coupe
            '15 Shark Grey Z51 Coupe

            '20... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels- 10/1/20😀 GAME CHANGER

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Ralston View Post
              A couple of weeks ago I put a deposit on a C8. I returned yesterday to place the order detailing my choices for the car. Now here’s the thing: I walked away with a form entitled “Order Workbench,” a GM form which summarizes my car and its options. It has a BAC number (118738), what ever that means.

              The dealer did not require my signature, and I did not get theirs. I have no reason to doubt them other than the fact that I’m working with a car dealership. Most of my previous new car purchase were accomplished via personal connections; I got good deals and never had to haggle. This is all different, and I don’t quite know what to expect.

              Does this sound familiar, or ring any alarm bells?
              You didn't even get to take one for a test drive? What ever happened to test drives? What happened to dealers helping with customer service? And why would dealers not have time for working on individual orders? I realize they are busy, but what ever happened to hiring more people to help? Just saying . I also wonder what will happen if we may have a problem with our vehicle once we take delivery on a 90K-100K car? Especially if we are traveling across the country to pick it up from a forum dealer? I already know the local dealers in my area don't have a clue. Would I be responsible to tow it back to the dealership? These are all Extremely Serious Questions.
              Last edited by Frenzy36; 08-17-2019, 01:29 AM.
              Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post

                You didn't even get to take one for a test drive? What ever happened to test drives? What happened to dealers helping with customer service? And why would dealers not have time for working on individual orders? I realize they are busy, but what ever happened to hiring more people to help? Just saying . I also wonder what will happen if we may have a problem with our vehicle once we take delivery on a 90K-100K car? Especially if we are traveling across the country to pick it up from a forum dealer? I already know the local dealers in my area don't have a clue. Would I be responsible to tow it back to the dealership? These are all Extremely Serious Questions.
                How can you test drive a vehicle that no dealership has? No one who has ordered or will order a C8 this year will be able to rest drive it

                Comment


                • #9
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	0CB18DFB-1036-462E-A05A-53C3028ABDE4.jpeg
Views:	572
Size:	461.0 KB
ID:	60653 Heck when I ordered the C7 in June 2013 it was the same situation. But later I found a dealer who just got one in. So I high tailed it down there to make sure I could fit in the thing. 6’5” 195lbs. I’ve been told if you fit in a C7 you will fit in a C8. There is no way to test drive a C8 currently. But I’m confident i will not be disappointed at all. If anything it will be better then the C7 In all driver conditions. IMO.
                  The salesmen at my local dealership has been there since my 2013 purchase. I trusted him when he put me on a list last year. When prices came out I was the 5th person he called. Come to find out I dropped down to 3rd spot. At MSRP I put a deposit down and committed to a certain order. Will I get into the first concession I’ll find out in September. I know they have 13 allocations for the first 3 months. Time will tell. Either way I’m figuring on a February delivery if no quality issues arise. 2LT red with the Z51 package with black wheels. A pretty basic order.
                  Cancelled another order because the salesman had over a 100 orders and could not tell me where I was on his list. I’m sure he didn’t know either.
                  Last edited by MikeC8; 08-17-2019, 09:48 AM.
                  2020 Blade Silver 2LT Z51 front lift ,mag ride ,black trident wheels and carbon fiber dash

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Gators2020 View Post

                    How can you test drive a vehicle that no dealership has? No one who has ordered or will order a C8 this year will be able to rest drive it
                    That is my point. LOL Have we all gone MAD? I know I have. I have actually bought most of my vehicles sight unseen and unknowing of how it even felt to sit in it let alone drive it. I was just over exaggerating how purchasing a vehicle these days has definitely changed. Maybe it proves how Car Nuts we have become. When we have our sights on something like this we don't even care if we have driven one, sat in one or haven't even seen one in person. Is that the definition of Car Crazy?
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Corvette Stingray 2020 (18).jpg
Views:	570
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	60640
                    Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by MikeC8 View Post
                      Heck when I ordered the C7 in June 2013 it was the same situation. But later I found a dealer who just got one in. So I high tailed it down there to make sure I could fit in the thing. 6’5” 195lbs. I’ve been told if you fit in a C7 you will fit in a C8. There is no way to test drive a C8 currently. But I’m confident it’s not going to disappoint at all. If anything it will be better then the C7 In all driver conditions. IMO.
                      MikeC8 I'm going to have to agree with you there. That's why were all on this forum absorbing every bit of information we can accumulate. I also have faith the new Stingray will be an exceptional vehicle. Extreme thanks to John who has given us 125% of his awake time. (I don't know how he does it) And all of the many others who have spent their time to present us with all the details pictures articles etc. Thank You All !!!
                      Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I didn't get to drive a C7 until mine came into the dealer and they let me drive it before we started the paperwork. This will likely be the case with the C8 since every single car that will be produced will be to order for the time being and I know that I wouldn't want anyone else driving my car for a test before I take delivery.

                        However, that being said I did hear a rumor that there may be some cars that will be circulated that will be available for test drives in the coming months. AGAIN, this is a rumor at present so would be really interested if anyone else has heard anything like this.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post

                          That is my point. LOL Have we all gone MAD? I know I have. I have actually bought most of my vehicles sight unseen and unknowing of how it even felt to sit in it let alone drive it. I was just over exaggerating how purchasing a vehicle these days has definitely changed. Maybe it proves how Car Nuts we have become. When we have our sights on something like this we don't even care if we have driven one, sat in one or haven't even seen one in person. Is that the definition of Car Crazy?
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Corvette Stingray 2020 (18).jpg
Views:	570
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	60640
                          I just got a say that you configurator picture has me smitten it’s gorgeous STOP IT I like Blue dammit 🤪 I am car crazy
                          2020 Stingray Triple Blue Coupe “Cindyblue”
                          6000: status : R8C on August 5,2020 @10:00 🥳🍾
                          2020 C8 Stingray; 3LT ; GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue ; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51;FE4 Mag Ride; C2Q dual roof ; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; RCC; J6E yellow Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; EYK Chrome Exterior Badge package; R8C
                          2014 Stingray Laguna Blue : SOLD

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by V1 VR View Post

                            I just got a say that you configurator picture has me smitten it’s gorgeous STOP IT I like Blue dammit 🤪 I am car crazy
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Corvette Stingray 2020 (15).jpg
Views:	631
Size:	181.1 KB
ID:	60662
                            Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Your a very evil man Mr. Frenzy.....😁


                              is Rocket City around Cape Canaveral my home town.....

                              I could park that beauty in that special spot in front of the Sand Bar!!!
                              Last edited by V1 VR; 08-17-2019, 10:26 AM.
                              2020 Stingray Triple Blue Coupe “Cindyblue”
                              6000: status : R8C on August 5,2020 @10:00 🥳🍾
                              2020 C8 Stingray; 3LT ; GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue ; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51;FE4 Mag Ride; C2Q dual roof ; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; RCC; J6E yellow Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; EYK Chrome Exterior Badge package; R8C
                              2014 Stingray Laguna Blue : SOLD

                              Comment

                              MECF_728x90_bottom

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X