Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Any ideas on cost of the extended warranty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ideas on cost of the extended warranty?

Like so many of you all, I am cobbling together my wishlist for my C8. Does anyone have an educated estimate of what the extended warranty may cost? I called my sales guy but he's off today.

Saw a discussion on this very subject and it sounded to be in the $1500 range. That being said, one of the commenters made the case for waiting because it would cost no more. Being a first year model, I have the same concerns that could be removed with the warranty.

Comment

I called the #1 guy in the US for the GM extended warranty on my C7 a year ago..... Dennis Fitchner who was HALF of the price of the local dealer. He is at Denny Menholt Chevy in Montana. Can sell anywhere EXCEPT Calif. I did a 72 month, 60k mile with $0 deductible on our '`17 GS for $1430. Bought it a year ago when our GS was 2 years old and had 8k miles on it.

Called him to cancel the policy 2 weeks ago, as we early traded our Vette in for the pending C8...... Got back $1194. I'm OK with that.

Be SURE you are buying a GM one, not the older one that is now Ally.

I will be calling Dennis again when our C8 gets to be about 2 years old. I may call him ON THE DAY OF DELIVERY to purchase a tire / wheel warranty...... must be done on the day of delivery. Undecided about that.
      3LT Coupe, Z51 Torch Red with two toned Red/black interior. 5VM visible CF ground effects, Carbon Flash wheels, engine appearance package and Carbon Fiber interior trim. Mag Ride control. Red Calipers. VQK Splash Guards. Carbon fiber mirrors and spoiler. Carbon Fiber: door handles & boomerangs, Rear Diffuser with vertical diffuser fins, Rear Hatch Vents, engine bay surround pieces, and front grill trim.

Comment

I bought a warranty extension from Dennis for my C7 and he was great to work with. That might be a good option again. Thanks Strake. Regarding the tire/wheel coverage, I'll just get that when I take delivery. Costs a bit more, but one less thing to do.

Comment

How much was the wheel/tire warranty? Any restrictions or exclusions of note?

Comment

When I spoke with Dennis Fitchner 2 weeks ago, he didn't have prices for 2020. He said the 2019 tire/wheel for a 5 year was $1190. Don't know about exclusions, etc.

I've never bought one, and also never needed it either. Undecided ......
            3LT Coupe, Z51 Torch Red with two toned Red/black interior. 5VM visible CF ground effects, Carbon Flash wheels, engine appearance package and Carbon Fiber interior trim. Mag Ride control. Red Calipers. VQK Splash Guards. Carbon fiber mirrors and spoiler. Carbon Fiber: door handles & boomerangs, Rear Diffuser with vertical diffuser fins, Rear Hatch Vents, engine bay surround pieces, and front grill trim.

Comment

I do not buy one on my C7 nor will I for my C8, but conversely have more than scattered post on forums from those who bought it, and who made its warranty cost back more than once. Depends on your locale’s pothole size and frequency, coupled with a huge measure of luck (or its reverse).

How bad are your local roads? Or per Clint Eastwood, are you “feeling lucky?”
              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Fwiw i will buy a gmepp warranty in the 29 th month and 29 k mile mark.

i will purchase a 48 month and 48 k mile extended gmEpp which will take into effect at that point, so effectively I will have warranty coverage from Gm with a 100 dollar deductible until 7 years /78k miles.

i believe I paid approximately 1500 dollars for that extended gm warranty. (Gmpp went to ally and is not a gm warranty so its important to purchase a GMEPP warranty ..

the coverage extension is in my opinion a smart move.

Comment

JB, lots of wisdom in your post. Folks need to be prudent, do due diligence in buying their extended warranty policy. You have given all new to this issue, a major, grounded head start with your post.

I too would never buy any extended warranty that is not GM recognized, to the point when Service Advisers look at their screen, they immediately see the extended GM warranty right there, and when the bill comes due, they do not charge us the full amount, have us try and seek recompense from the third party, instead only wanting our stated-on-their-screen deductible amount.
                  GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

When the C8 is at my dealership awaiting my acceptance. Mr. Fitchner will get a call and payment just as I did for my C7. Which is still covered and the remaining time will be refunded upon its sale. All extended warranty’s are not equal. GMEPP is the gold standard imho.Remember its Insurence it’s for peace of mind which you get even if your lucky enough to never use it. YMMV 😎
                    2020 Stingray Triple Blue Coupe “Cindyblue”
                    6000: status : R8C on August 5,2020 @10:00 🥳🍾
                    2020 C8 Stingray; 3LT ; GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue ; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51;FE4 Mag Ride; C2Q dual roof ; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; RCC; J6E yellow Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; EYK Chrome Exterior Badge package; R8C
                    2014 Stingray Laguna Blue : SOLD

Comment

Just heads up,.......

I found a Chevy dealer that sells the GM "extended warranty" service contracts for $100 over his invoice cost. That makes his prices about 30% Cheaper for the exact same identical plans that are sold by Fitchner.

If anyone wants his contact info just message me. Its a Chevy dealer, and they ONLY sell the GM plans ( not aftermarket) , including tire and wheel plans also.

Comment

Originally posted by kratedisease View Post
                        Just heads up,.......

I found a Chevy dealer that sells the GM "extended warranty" service contracts for $100 over his invoice cost. That makes his prices about 30% Cheaper for the exact same identical plans that are sold by Fitchner.

If anyone wants his contact info just message me. Its a Chevy dealer, and they ONLY sell the GM plans ( not aftermarket) , including tire and wheel plans also.
                        Good morning,
                        I do not do Tweets or Facebook. How can I contact you for the info?
                        Thank You,
                        Tom

Comment

Here it is , call ANDREW BROWN , finance manager at Fox auto group. 607-937-5431. They are a Chevrolet/Buick/GMC/Cadillac dealer , this is their website https://www.foxautogroup.com.

Talk to ANDREW BROWN and Tell him you were referred from someone on the Corvette Forum, since Andrew knows of me. Andrew explained to me that he sells every Chevrolet GM contract offered by GM for only $100 over his invoice cost, and thats for any and all of the GM Chevrolet service contracts/extended warranties offered by GM. That makes his prices about 30% cheaper overall on any contract that Dennis Fitchner quotes and sells for the exact same contracts for, regardless of what length time and total added miles you need. Andrew gives the Same excellent service, identical followup and call back, and all the other forum members that I referred to him that bought or got quotes from him have confirmed that he is 30% cheaper for the exact same identical original Chevrolet service contract product as compared to Fitchner's pricing.

He also offers the wheel and tire coverage also for about 30% less than Dennis Fitchner's pricing,

His pricing quotes are free, with no obligation, so you can check his prices and compare.
                          You need your VIN, miles currently on the car, and need to tell him how many miles and months/years you want to add

Hope it works out.
                          Last edited by kratedisease; 11-16-2020, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kratedisease View Post
                            Here it is , call ANDREW BROWN , finance manager at Fox auto group. 607-937-5431. They are a Chevrolet/Buick/GMC/Cadillac dealer , this is their website https://www.foxautogroup.com.

Talk to ANDREW BROWN and Tell him you were referred from someone on the Corvette Forum, since Andrew knows of me. Andrew explained to me that he sells every Chevrolet GM contract offered by GM for only $100 over his invoice cost, and thats for any and all of the GM Chevrolet service contracts/extended warranties offered by GM. That makes his prices about 30% cheaper overall on any contract that Dennis Fitchner quotes and sells for the exact same contracts for, regardless of what length time and total added miles you need. Andrew gives the Same excellent service, identical followup and call back, and all the other forum members that I referred to him that bought or got quotes from him have confirmed that he is 30% cheaper for the exact same identical original Chevrolet service contract product as compared to Fitchner's pricing.

He also offers the wheel and tire coverage also for about 30% less than Dennis Fitchner's pricing,

His pricing quotes are free, with no obligation, so you can check his prices and compare.
                            You need your VIN, miles currently on the car, and need to tell him how many miles and months/years you want to add

Hope it works out.
                            Thank you very much for the quick reply and valuable info.
                            Tom

Comment

Great info. Thanks kratedisease for sharing.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X