Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

When do Dealers learn about their allocations?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John
    co-founder/admin
    • Jun 2018
    • PNW

Exactly JustOneMore, that the QC Hold, where the first 1,500 are parked in a huge compacted parking lot, each layer around others, as well as several other factors, could well mean you get yours ahead of a bunch of C8’s made as early as week one.
    2023 Z06: Elkhart Lake Blue, 2-tone blue interior, HTC, Standard Z06 with Z07 aero pkg, CCB’s, 3LZ, E60, all visible carbon fiber including wheels, & Jake Design Pkg. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 26 year NCM members. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

• JustOneMore
      Sr. Contributor
      • Aug 2018
      • Central Illinois

Originally posted by John
      Exactly JustOneMore, that the QC Hold, where the first 1,500 are parked in a huge compacted parking lot, each layer around others, as well as several other factors, could well mean you get yours ahead of a bunch of C8’s made as early as week one.
      This happened in 13. I had 1st allocation, person in 2nd round of allocations car was built before mine but sat, I believe in Nashville, while mine got delivered Oct 3rd.

Comment

• John
        co-founder/admin
        • Jun 2018
        • PNW

Even the best laid plans are not ones we can count on right now. We do not know, nor does GM yet know exactly how this will all unfold. Sometimes we are the bug; sometimes we are the windshield.

We can count of two branches of the same tree however, that GM wants to make, sell and deliver as many C8’s as they can as soon as they can, and dealers wish to make the process as quick and efficient as possible and to deliver each of our C8’s soonest possible — so they too get paid.

And the day our C8’s gets delivered to us, we forget about about our current thoughts of when, what if, should I, what should I do, etc — they all wash away once we are driving.
        Last edited by John; 08-18-2019, 10:30 AM.
        2023 Z06: Elkhart Lake Blue, 2-tone blue interior, HTC, Standard Z06 with Z07 aero pkg, CCB’s, 3LZ, E60, all visible carbon fiber including wheels, & Jake Design Pkg. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 26 year NCM members. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

• Mr Happy
          Sr. Contributor
          • Mar 2019
          • naples fl

My dealer tells me he does not his allocation yet.....does any one buy this ???????

Comment

• ZORA 69
            Senior Contributor
            • Oct 2018

Originally posted by WWR
            It's interesting to me that there are no cars for customers but there are C8s all over the internet. There is a post here that shows RON FELLOWS DRIVING SCHOOL on its side. There are a bunch out there but no one gets to order yet. Why is that?
            The cars you see are all experimental cars. GM is still testing the cars and there have been statements that GM will put 300,000 miles on these cars before production. Mark Ruess did use the number of 500,000 miles in one CNBC interview.

Comment

• John
              co-founder/admin
              • Jun 2018
              • PNW

Originally posted by Mr Happy
              My dealer tells me he does not his allocation yet.....does any one buy this ???????
              Every dealer in the U.S. (do not know about Canada),have been given in writing their specific, exact, total allocation for the first three months, and an estimated allocation for the next nine months. Again, that first allocation is a total for the three months. There will be one granting (one consensus) for each of those three months, but they do not yet know how many they are getting they are getting yet for each month.

For example, if you dealer was told they are getting 24 total for the first three months, they will not learn until probably September 5th or NLT September 12th, how many of those 24 they would get specifically for September. Might they get, monthly, in turn, 8, 8 and 8; or 6, 8 or 10; or 4, 10 and 10; or x, y, z?

I would push back gently to your dealer knowing this and ask him/her “how many are you getting total for the first three months?” If your dealer is within the U.S., and they respond they do not know, I would say, “let’s now visit the Sales Manager, he/she does know your dealership’s three month total, and this would be good for you to learn right now.”

Comment

• JB
                Senior Contributing Member & Patron
                • Jul 2018

I like what I see in Johns avatar...did you decide on your options yet?

Comment

• John
                  co-founder/admin
                  • Jun 2018
                  • PNW

That was yesterday and while it is still ELB today, the full length racing stripes are most probably going away; will confirm either way at NCM 25th by walking around the parking lot look at carbon flash metallic dual stripes on C7’s.

The things that are definite in my order will be:

3LT
                  ELB
                  Two-tone blue interior
                  Z51
                  Mag Ride

Still working out a few more details. I saw fellow member KenHorse’s 2019 ELB in person 10 days ago in the sunshine and again five days ago in the clouds and rain, and it has lots of life in both extremes. Here is his car.

Click image for larger version  Name:	50A17DDD-DCCD-4A80-92C9-8694B1DC889F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.05 MB ID:	61165

Comment

• Strake
                    Founding Member, Sr. Contributor & Patron
                    • Jul 2018
                    • Gettysburg

I'd love to see that color combo..... our FIRST choice color was ELB, but I was thinking the two tones blue would look good with the Rapid Blue...... sure wish I could see it with the ELB before our order goes in....
                    3LT Coupe, Z51 Torch Red with two toned Red/black interior. 5VM visible CF ground effects, Carbon Flash wheels, engine appearance package and Carbon Fiber interior trim. Mag Ride control. Red Calipers. VQK Splash Guards. Carbon fiber: Steering wheel, mirrors, High Wing, Door handles & boomerangs; Rear Diffuser with vertical diffuser fins; A Pillar; B Pillar; Rear Hatch Side Vents, as well as top camera surround piece and lower under glass piece; Engine bay surround pieces; and front grill trim.

Comment

• John
                      co-founder/admin
                      • Jun 2018
                      • PNW

In talking with Corvette Trim and Color Manager Brett Golliff at the reveal, he said that Rapid Blue matched with the two tone blue interior was a specific joy of the color team.

Comment

• dcbingaman
                        Founding Member & Sr. Contributor
                        • Jul 2018
                        • Ballwin, MO (suburb of Greater St. Louis)

ELCO Chevrolet has 64 - first consensus is probably 12-16. They should know more in the next week or so. (They also think that can get more if they sell more - Enterprise Leasing will get as many as THEY ask for.)

Comment

• dcbingaman
                          Founding Member & Sr. Contributor
                          • Jul 2018
                          • Ballwin, MO (suburb of Greater St. Louis)

With regard to the first and second allocations - as John points out, the first 1500 cars produced will sit in BG or Nashville for at least a month after they come off the line. Any bugs found in early production will be rolled into the second allocation immediately as they are found and fixed. The first 1500 will THEN be retrofitted with the fix. For the C7 they did that in Nashville, TN which I am told was a firmware update. As a result the second wave of orders were delivered first. That ****ed a lot of people off, but that's the process.

Comment

• V1 VR
                            ZORA Patron, Founding Member & Sr. Contributor
                            • Jul 2018
                            • KSTL

Originally posted by dcbingaman
                            ELCO Chevrolet has 64 - first consensus is probably 12-16. They should know more in the next week or so. (They also think that can get more if they sell more - Enterprise Leasing will get as many as THEY ask for.)
                            ELCO knew nothing when I asked about the C8 1 day after the reveal.

When I inquired at Elco 1day after the reveal through the corvette concierge ELCO response was an email saying they were not participating in that program and no allocations were available. That surprised me their a big Corvette dealer. O well
                            I had received an email from the dealer I’d purchased my C7 from telling me of the upcoming reveal and to contact them if I had any questions about the new C8 I called them on July 20 (George Weber Chevrolet,Columbia IL.) and with that one contact was on the first 3 month consensus number 7 of 8. 👏👏👏
                            On Wednesday they had 16 allocations left.
                            2023 Z06 #5 locality and smiling
                            2020 Stingray Triple Blue Coupe
                            “Cindyblue”
                            6000: status : R8C on August 5,2020 @10:00 🥳🍾
                            2020 C8 Stingray; 3LT ; GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue ; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51;FE4 Mag Ride; C2Q dual roof ; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; RCC; J6E yellow Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; EYK Chrome Exterior Badge package; R8C
                            2014 Stingray Laguna Blue : SOLD

Comment

• John
                              co-founder/admin
                              • Jun 2018
                              • PNW

Nice but as they not a forum sponsoring vendor, let’s leave their name at that on the public side of the forum. Thank you.

Comment

• meyerweb
                                Special 2022 Contributor, Founding Member & Patron
                                • Jul 2018
                                • Northern Virginia

Originally posted by WWR
                                It's interesting to me that there are no cars for customers but there are C8s all over the internet. There is a post here that shows RON FELLOWS DRIVING SCHOOL on its side. There are a bunch out there but no one gets to order yet. Why is that?
                                Every car out there is a pre-production car. Not built on the regular assembly line, not certified for sale. Before they can start making customer cars, they need to complete all ordered C7s, shut down and then retool the production line for the C8. Only then can they start building cars that can legally be sold to customers.

Every car you see on the road today will eventually be crushed, except possibly for a few that end up in museums.
                                Delivered 5/29/2021!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels, Carbon Flash splitter and side skirts, magnetic engine cover mod & custom painted engine cover, AMT door sills, Soler throttle controller, SmartTop HTC controller
                                >22,000 miles
                                Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...