MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 1/17 Changes: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
2 of 2 < >

MECF TEMPORARY MAINTENANCE SHUT DOWN

STARTING 4:00 PM (PST), Monday, January 6th: Heads Up Please of Scheduled Maintenance!!!! Unlike past notices when our software company said MECF would be shut down less than one hour, they have said that our forum COULD have a two hour shut down. Thank you very much for your understanding.
See more
See less

Official C8 Stingray Constraints

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another dealer on the web said the Dec. 12th as well.
    Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
    Torch red coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

• Originally posted by John View Post
      “Chance favors the prepared mind.”
      Agree, sent a text to my dealer to make sure this get done on the 12th, Hopefully GAN Blade Silver Metallic will finally be able to get to Event Code 2000....

GAN Blade Silver Metallic; DXO Midnight Gray Full Length Dual Racing Stripe; Z51; FE4 Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; AH2 GT2 Napa leather seats; TU7 Seats Two-Tone Jet Black/Adrenaline Red; R6X Custom Interior Trim and Seat Combination; 38S Adrenaline Red custom leather stitch; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6F Bright Red Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; 5JR vis CF mirror caps; ERI Battery Protection pkg.

Comment

• Yes! It would be good for all of the colors that before were shut down, to now be opened up totally.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

• Dec 19th: Officially next consensus. While it is possible we will hear what might be partial constraints this Thursday for the 19th consensus, also possible that they will not be announced until next week.

While the amount of constraints for the 19th consensus will be far less than was originally on September 12th announced would be occurring for the second month’s consensus, there still could be some partial constraints (that is even when compared to the total allocations that GM will be granting, that there could be fewer of an item available than are selected). As to what partial constraints there could be, that is not yet known. Most options and colors might be “home free” for all who have an allocation.

Again for those disappointed the consensus is not this Thursday, and I sure can understand that, whether it opens this Thursday or next, will not result in those C8’s being picked up on the 19th being produced any sooner, nor any later.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

• Thanks for update, John.
            TPW 2/17 .. Shadow Gray Metallic w/Natural, 3LT, Z51, Mag, Lift, Spectra Gray Trident, Edge Red Calipers, Body Color Accents.

Past owned; 1984 C4, Medium Gray Metallic, Coupe, VIN# 1004 : 1981 C3 White Coupe, 1980 C3 Dark Claret, Coupe

Comment

• Constraints: Adding a touch more info, is that dealers will be getting some info specific this Thursday including the number of their December constraints, and possibly what those specific constraints are. Again, putting the word “constraints” in context,” while we remember that in September we then saw a long list of major, 2nd month constraints, including completed colors and some mechanical options coupled with certain trims being 100% locked out, this time they could be on the order of such things as “while all colors are open to be matched with constraints, not everyone who wants every color will be accommodated,” i.e.,, the factory might not be able to make enough pink ones to satisfy everyone’s wish to get a pink one in the December 19th consensus, and thus perhaps only 90% of pink lovers being able to getting their choice this time around, Might similarly there be partial constraints on any non-color items, such as only 85% of those wanting the visible carbon fiber aero package might be able to be picked up/accepted?

All of my examples are just illustrative of what could be the order/magnitude of constraints.

Comment

• Yesterday's email from the Chevrolet Corvette Concierge:

For the December order cycle, there are no constraints on which orders can be accepted and all colors/trims are available to be picked up.

As long the dealership has the allocation for the order, and depending on your place in line with the dealership, your order would be accepted by production. The dealership won’t have to do anything special within GM Workbench.

For the date of 12/12, dealerships will learn of their allocation that they will be receiving for the month. On 12/19, orders will be able to be accepted by production. We may see some movement with orders on that Friday 12/20, but most likely the following Monday on 12/23.

Hope this helps everyone who is still stuck at event code: #1100....
                GAN Blade Silver Metallic; DXO Midnight Gray Full Length Dual Racing Stripe; Z51; FE4 Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; AH2 GT2 Napa leather seats; TU7 Seats Two-Tone Jet Black/Adrenaline Red; R6X Custom Interior Trim and Seat Combination; 38S Adrenaline Red custom leather stitch; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6F Bright Red Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; 5JR vis CF mirror caps; ERI Battery Protection pkg.

Comment

• Thanks very much jwstegbauer for that information. I believe the Concierge is correct that all colors and all options will be open to be successfully ordered, but to go to the other end of the spectrum and believe that everyone who has an allocation can get exactly what they are wanting, well I am not yet convinced.

Here’s my caution: What if as we believe, that all options and colors are open, but with take rates yet unknown for many things especially for such newly opened accessories such as the Edge Red engine cover, and what if the supplier can only make 1,200 Edge Red engine covers for the December 19th consensus, yet there are order requests for 1,250 of them?

Comment

• Do we know if dealers get the remainder of their first quarter allocations this cycle?

In other words is this a giant catch-up consensus or is this just the delayed October consensus?

Comment

• We have not officially heard. I believe that we are getting the delayed October consensus next week, in January getting the November one. The two dealers I have talked with are working on the assumption that they are getting just one more month’s consensus next week (but as they smartly plan way ahead, have been reaching out to customers further down the road, e.g., being prepared for the “what if.”

Comment

• Originally posted by John View Post
                        Again for those disappointed the consensus is not this Thursday, and I sure can understand that, whether it opens this Thursday or next, will not result in those C8’s being picked up on the 19th being produced any sooner, nor any later.
                        I have quickly come to the understanding that whatever you say is exactly correct. But I'm curious. You say it won't affect the numbers, so what you are saying is that if a dealer was going to get 100 allocations for December he will still get those 100 on the 19 instead of 50 on the 12th and 50 on the 19th? I really don't understand why GM would do that. Especially given that some dealers (at least one here) could easily have 100 for December. That's a lot of work to be done from the 19 to the 24th.

Comment

• You’re absolutely correct that is a huge amount of work. And that is why the smart and capable dealers have been working ahead of time, contacting those customers in line, progressively, all the time since September.

Comment

• Thanks John.
                            So I assume then that the Septembers allocations tpw's were just moved from december 2 to February 2nd etc. (as we see on some dealer websites) and October's allocations that are moved to December will then be give a TPW at the end of February/ Early January etc. Makes sense. So everything including TPW's were delayed 2 months. It makes me feel more certain then, that my place in line has been delayed 2 months. I like certainty It's the unknown that bugs the heck out of me! lol

Comment

• Your assumptions are overall correct, though they might be a little jumbled up, so that as an example cars that were originally scheduled for December 1 week production might now be third week February production and vice versa. As GM reminds us, TPW stands for tentative production week.

Comment

• So constraints have likely done the jumbling. I think I'm finally getting it. lol

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X