MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Site Maintenance

Scheduled maintenance will occur at around 07:00 PM Pacific Time on Wednesday August 21st, 2019
See more
See less

Pricing time for internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok guys, I need cheerleaders to convince me of the value of the 3LT package. Is the leather and seat worth the price of admission? My original plan was a 2LT Z51 with lift. Any thoughts? Will pricing likely move me up on the list?
    Last edited by Swift93; 08-14-2019, 07:40 PM.

Comment

I can not cheerlead you to make the decision to upgrade to the 3LT, though I will be purchasing the 3LT. However, other than the GT2 seats which are part of the package, but nicely can be separately purchased, the other three 3LT items are visual improvements. Are those three items worth it? Only you can determine that. A 2LT Corvette is a fantastic sports car as is. If one could get the 2LT and get the GT2 seats, that would be a sweet spot for many.

Every one of us needs to decide what we want, what we can afford, and what compromises we are or are not willing to make.
      Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of NCM.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
        I can not cheerlead you to make the decision to upgrade to the 3LT, though I will be purchasing the 3LT. However, other than the GT2 seats which are part of the package, but nicely can be separately purchased, the other three 3LT items are visual improvements. Are those three items worth it? Only you can determine that. A 2LT Corvette is a fantastic sports car as is. If one could get the 2LT and get the GT2 seats, that would be a sweet spot for many.

Every one of us needs to
        John, are the GT2 seats that much better in your opinion?

Comment

I can not say definitively that they are better, just that they IMO look better (I had a crush on the visible carbon fiber on the C7 comp seats and always wished I had that on my C7 GT seaters); also that in the time that I and others sat in them (twice), every person I have personally talked agreed with my assessment that they are terrifically comfortable (better than any furniture in my house).

But how much better are they GT1 seats, sorry I never sat in the GT1 ones. I admit I have a crush on the GT2’s visible carbon fiber (so biased).

Comment

I saw a video that said the gl2 has power lumbar and the gl1 does not. Not sure if true.

Comment

To add to the seat info, John is of the same opinion as myself.

When I saw the seats in person, the GT2 and comps were SO much more "sporty lux" looking. Probably because they have gorgeous, shiny like carbon fiber on the backs and sides. You can tell from even a quick glance that they are the upgraded seats.

The back/side of the base seat was the ONLY part of the interior where you would see that GM plastic we all Love - LOL! I can already hear the 18 million Youtubers complain about that. They gotta complain about something. The base seats still look very, very nice.

I couldn't sit in them as they were up on a pedestal, so can't testify as to the feel. I know the comps in a c7 are nice and snug and I'm 5'10 185. This comp in the c8 is obviously completely different.
              NCM Life Member

Comment

Originally posted by fvs View Post
                I saw a video that said the gl2 has power lumbar and the gl1 does not. Not sure if true.
                If you go by what the visualizer states the 2LT package includes, that would be incorrect.

2LT adds a number of comfort and convenience features in addition to color-keyed interior options. Includes everything in 1LT, plus:

• Head-Up Display
                • Power Lumbar and Wing Adjustment
                • Wireless Phone Charging†
                • Heated and Vented Seats
                • Heated Steering Wheel
                • Bose Performance Series 14-Speaker Audio System
                • Navigation with Traffic†
                • Performance Data Recorder
                • SiriusXM satellite Radio®† with 1-year Subscription
                • Universal Home Remote Sun Visor
                • Power-Folding Mirrors
                • Rear Camera Mirror† – Coupe
                • Memory Package
                • Curb View Camera†
                • Side Blind Zone Alert†
                • Rear Cross Traffic Alert†
                • Advanced Theft-Deterrent System
                • Parcel Nets
                The least we can do is wave to each other

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

Every one of us needs to decide what we want, what we can afford, and what compromises we are or are not willing to make.
                  You're right, John. My elation over pricing got the best of me. Sticking to my original plan of getting the 2LT, Z51 and lift is more than anyone needs.

Comment

Good point and to the best of my knowledge, I believe it also to be true.

Comment

Originally posted by Meldoon View Post

If you go by what the visualizer states the 2LT package includes, that would be incorrect.

2LT adds a number of comfort and convenience features in addition to color-keyed interior options. Includes everything in 1LT, plus:

• Head-Up Display
                      • Power Lumbar and Wing Adjustment
                      • Wireless Phone Charging†
                      • Heated and Vented Seats
                      • Heated Steering Wheel
                      • Bose Performance Series 14-Speaker Audio System
                      • Navigation with Traffic†
                      • Performance Data Recorder
                      • SiriusXM satellite Radio®† with 1-year Subscription
                      • Universal Home Remote Sun Visor
                      • Power-Folding Mirrors
                      • Rear Camera Mirror† – Coupe
                      • Memory Package
                      • Curb View Camera†
                      • Side Blind Zone Alert†
                      • Rear Cross Traffic Alert†
                      • Advanced Theft-Deterrent System
                      • Parcel Nets
                      Maybe the 2lt automatically chooses gt2?

the seat images show the gt1 missing the lumbar knob. Maybe uses a different manual knob?

Comment

Maybe the 2lt automatically chooses gt2?

the seat images show the gt1 missing the lumbar knob. Maybe uses a different manual knob?
                        We know the GT2 seats are extra except in the 3LT.
                        It states clearly “Power Lumbar and Wing Adjustment”.
                        I interpret this as meaning......1LT gets manually operated GT1 seats....
                        2LT gets power GT1 seats, which includes Power Lumbar and Wing Adjustment....
                        The least we can do is wave to each other

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X