MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Site Maintenance

Scheduled maintenance will occur at around 07:00 PM Pacific Time on Wednesday August 21st, 2019
See more
See less

What decisions did you make last purchase that you won’t repeat this time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JB View Post
    I dont have any regrets in how I ordered previous corvettes...

i like 1LT s...I added hud afterward which you could do on c5 s and c6 s quite easily.... not because it was so fantastic but rather because the guy installing my new thick beautiful D shaped steering wheel drove from texas to carlisle PA to install DSV steering wheels with the hope of also installing the HUD...

i never planned on getting the HUD..with the steering wheel install...meanwhile .he kept lowering the price of installing the HUd kit and he was nice to my son while installing the new steering wheel...so I told him I insisted on paying his original HUD addition price... when someones nice to my son..when delivering any type of service I tip real well.

he was happy..

i like the HUD but its not that great...I really use it mostly when my radar detector goes off...to see how far over the speed limit I am...if in fact Im over at all.

i dont really drive that much over the speed limit most of the time...most of the time its five or ten over and the police kind of like corvettes so they dont bother me..

not to jinx myself but I havent gotten a moving violation since 1981 when I crossed a Z line...

to be honest I didnt even know what a z line was before that ticket.

use common sense and hot dog it a little bit at a time or even better in places where the population density is close to zero

back on topic...i never really regretted not getting a full boat of options..

no one option I ever missed ...
    JB post for all the LE officers that live in his area

Comment

Not a thing I would change on my C7 Z51 3LT. I am on the fence for the 2LT and 3LT for the C8 and would need to see it in person. I love the richness and build quality of the 3LT interior. The one thing I would change right away are the rims. I would find some nice chrome after market rims because the black and painted silver rims are just not my taste.

Comment

This time i am going with the body color top only. Last time i did the 2 top option of transparent and visible carbon. Lots of money for a transparent top that sits in my garage. I can live without the visible roof on the C8 3LT Z51

Options I am leaving for C8 Z06
        1. Boy racer Carbon aero
        2. Visible roof
        3. GT3 seats
        4. Optional interior color
        Last edited by BYBY4RE; 08-12-2019, 03:28 PM.

Comment

I'd skip the Museum Delivery this time. It was pretty cool, but the whole experience seemed rushed, and I thought the assy. line tour was ho hum.
          The docent rushed us thru the museum tour at warp speed to get it done before museum closure. :-/. And I made sure our lunch break was only 20 min. so not my fault.
          Drive home to WA State was fun though, before I ran over a dead fawn on a back road in MO. Thankfully little damage.
          2015 Z51 Stingray
          2018 Honda Goldwing
          2018 Suzuki V-Strom

Comment

Originally posted by jwstegbauer View Post

Hope this clears it up for you: A1 equals available on 3LT
            38S Adrenaline Red custom leather stitch, includes seats, instrument panel, doors and console
            1 - Requires (HTE/HTT) Jet Black interior or (HU0/HXO) Adrenaline Red/Jet Black interior.
            -- -- A1
            Click image for larger version Name:	48387684437_b68bd79d31_c.jpg Views:	5 Size:	75.2 KB ID:	58663
            that is beautiful. Great choice!

Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT VK3 GKZ HTA

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Cadle View Post
              This will be my 16th new vette starting with a 1966 vert.So far my order it a lt 2 w/LBR and Natural int.Waiting for price list to come out to decide on lift kit.I was wondering about the Z51 but after reading some of the post I am staying with the standard C8.I also might up date to LT 3 after pricing.I am ordering the engine dress up and tinted top. Othe color considerations my be the Bronze,met blue,or just plan red.No doubt this will be my last vetter at 76 and way over wt.I might have a real problem getting in and out.Thanks Jim
              If you can get into a C7, you can get into a C8, and the C8 has more room inside that does a C7.
              Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of NCM.

Comment

I skipped Z51 and Mag ride on my C7 mainly because I much preferred the look of the car without a spoiler. I then added/upgraded the sway bars to Z51 spec, but I very much regret not getting Mag ride. To my taste, the base C7 is just plain too soft and floaty. The ride is comfortable, but I miss the crisp, buttoned down feel I know the Mag ride can deliver pretty much any time I drive.

Comment

Originally posted by mjw930 View Post
                  What decisions did you make last purchase that you won’t repeat this time?

Buying a C8 before I’ve had an opportunity to spend time driving the car in the real world. Just like I can do at my Porsche dealer. Sure, I won’t get thrown the keys to a GT3 but I’ve driven just about everything else over the years. If GM’s listening and they are serious about conquest sales they need a demo program.

Heck, putting together something like the Porsche Driving Experience https://www.porschedriving.com/atlanta would be great, I’d gladly pay for something like that.
                  Back in the later half of 1998 GM did that with the corvette ride of a lifetime experience...sold me on buying corvettes for the next 20 odd years.

there will be plenty of rental car companies for around 400 dollars for 24 hours to rent out c8s...
                  Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT VK3 GKZ HTA

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post

Back in the later half of 1998 GM did that with the corvette ride of a lifetime experience...sold me on buying corvettes for the next 20 odd years.

there will be plenty of rental car companies for around 400 dollars for 24 hours to rent out c8s...
                    I didn’t realize the NCM has this program until I searched on Corvette driving schools. https://motorsportspark.org/corvette-experience/. I’m surprised someone here didn’t catch my mistake. However, it’s not GM run and although I’m sure it’s a blast, the Porsche Experience really sets the bar, it’s a very upscale environment that really caters to the ego of the participants. It’s actually brilliant marketing.

Here in lies the underlying problem which will always haunt Corvette, it’s a Chevrolet and the buying experience is not that much different than buying a Silverado or a Equinox. But it’s also one of the reasons many here will be able to afford one
                    Mark

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X