MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Site Maintenance

Scheduled maintenance will occur at around 07:00 PM Pacific Time on Wednesday August 21st, 2019
See more
See less

Up to what point is a deposit refundable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just came from my dealer. Since I am getting no options, and know what I'm going to pay, he's going to put my order in as soon as the pricing is announced, to get me an early 2000 order

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
      Each dealer’s policies are different. Pricing will be released a week from tomorrow. A week after that, I believe is more than enough time for you, and me, and all to do the math.

We might have a very good “aid” to assist all of us in figure it all out.
      John, I thought pricing was a week from Thursday. Did they move it up a day or are you anxious? LOL

I hope none of the people whos deposits are non refundable have a change in life beyond their control before delivery.

Comment

You are right. Being retired, goofs up my days of the week sometimes. It is the 15th.

As to the issue of deposits being refundable or not, if one is caught out in an unforeseen ugly, one could check with your state laws on refundable deposits (for they override dealer policies).
        Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of NCM.

Comment

I'd think dealers would be thrilled to get late cancellations. Then they can put your car on their lot for $10K? $20K? $30K markup?

You're doing them a huge favor, the least they could do is refund you in full.

Comment

Originally posted by WillRockwell View Post
            I just came from my dealer. Since I am getting no options, and know what I'm going to pay, he's going to put my order in as soon as the pricing is announced, to get me an early 2000 order
            Seriously not a single option? Watch that car be constrained because no one else orders it that way and they won’t be making enough money off of it.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
            Working...
            X