Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Any secret compartments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meyerweb
    replied
    Originally posted by Stingray2 View Post

Brake-hold feature is extremely convenient and it'd be a tough adjustment going to a car without one. Wouldn't be too surprised if the C8 didn't have that though.
    Originally posted by 455SDguy View Post
    While I understand the convenience of a brake hold option one should also think of sitting at a red light in a low visibility vehicle without your brake lights on and an approaching vehicle does not realize you are stopped until it is too late and smashes your car. If they have a dash camera and you have no brake lights deployed and are stopped you could be found at fault for the accident.
    Checked the hill hold feature on my C7 tonight. The brake lights DO stay on when you take your foot off the brake.

Leave a comment:

• meyerweb
    replied
    Next time I drive at night, I'll have to see if I can stop on a hill and check out what happens behind.

Leave a comment:

• Chicken Vindaloo
    replied
    On my wife's Lexus, the manual says that brake lights are on with brake hold.

Leave a comment:

• 455SDguy
    replied
    Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

Hmm. I don't use the brake hold feature (I mean yes, it activates automatically, but I still keep my foot on the brake), so I've never noticed if the brake lights stay on or not. Are you sure they don't?
    Not sure my friend but I sure would want to know if they are or not. This would be a great question for John to ask at the Caravan. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• meyerweb
    replied
    While I understand the convenience of a brake hold option one should also think of sitting at a red light in a low visibility vehicle without your brake lights on and an approaching vehicle does not realize you are stopped until it is too late and smashes your car. If they have a dash camera and you have no brake lights deployed and are stopped you could be found at fault for the accident.
    Hmm. I don't use the brake hold feature (I mean yes, it activates automatically, but I still keep my foot on the brake), so I've never noticed if the brake lights stay on or not. Are you sure they don't?

Leave a comment:

• meyerweb
    replied
    Originally posted by John View Post
    So far I am unaware of any hidden compartments. Nicely however, the glove box and the center console compartment are larger.
    And both are lockable now.

Leave a comment:

• 455SDguy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Litumup411
    replied
    Actually I was referring to brake hold where if you depress the brake pedal a touch more at a stoplight you don’t need to keep your foot there the whole time.

I have hill hold on my GMC so you’d think it would be easy for them to adapt it to the C8

Leave a comment:

• meyerweb
    replied
    Originally posted by Litumup411 View Post
    Also is there a brake-hold feature on the car where you can depress the brake pedal at stoplights and not have to hold your foot on the brake all the time.
    Originally posted by Stingray2 View Post

Brake-hold feature is extremely convenient and it'd be a tough adjustment going to a car without one. Wouldn't be too surprised if the C8 didn't have that though.
    The C8 still has an electric parking brake, so I expect the automatic hold feature is still there.

Leave a comment:

• Stingray2
    replied
    Originally posted by Litumup411 View Post
    Really liked the disappearing display on the C7 and the floor box in the back. Has anyone noticed similar features in the C8?

Also is there a brake-hold feature on the car where you can depress the brake pedal at stoplights and not have to hold your foot on the brake all the time.

Leave a comment:

• Phil1098
    replied

That's funny
    It really is. LOL +10000

Leave a comment:

• 455SDguy
    replied
    Originally posted by fvs View Post

If you pull on that lever hard enough it will probably lower the display… At least once…
    That's funny

Leave a comment:

• fvs
    replied
    Ok that makes sense. Just thought that maybe that could also lower and raise that screen but just wishful thinking on my part. Thanks
    If you pull on that lever hard enough it will probably lower the display… At least once…

Leave a comment:

• 455SDguy
    replied
    Ok that makes sense. Just thought that maybe that could also lower and raise that screen but just wishful thinking on my part. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• meyerweb
    replied
    There appears to be a lever at the bottom of the information/pdr screen what does that button do?
    I think it controls the vent below the display. There are similar levers above the glove compartment to the right, and I think I saw a video showing those operating the vents.

Leave a comment:

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
Working...
X