Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #109 - Corvette News & Headlines, Mid-May 2022

Join your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com and they discuss what’s happening with America’s Sports Car. https://youtu.be/LY-bD8tscBs; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...HXCQFbRpXxWPtK
1. Hard Top Convertibles now account for 48% of Corvette orders
2. Here are the most popular Corvette colors of 2022
3. 70th anniversary models delayed because of wheel constraints
4. Export versions of the C8 Z06 with corner mounted exhaust will be exported
5. The 2023 Stingray/Z06 Owner’s Manual available for download
6. The 2023 C8 Z06 is the official Pace Car for the Indianapolis 500
7. Corvette Racing’s drivers take a C8 Stingray on the track at Spring Mountain
8. Corvette Hall Of Fame inductees announced
9. Corvette is the AutoCar 2022 Dream Car of the Year

CORVETTE TODAY is the best way to stay current on what’s happening with Corvette! Don’t miss this episode…..

LISTEN TO THE PODCAST, WATCH THE YOUTUBE VIDEO, SIGN UP FOR EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS AND JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP AT:

www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
2 of 2 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Order Guide questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Order Guide questions

I just went through the order guide and have several questions maybe some of you can answer. It appears as if I am going to have an allocation in the first quarter. Keep in mind I am ordering an Artic White Z-51, 2LT:

1. What exactly is the Battery Protection Package, ERI?
    2. Are the base wheels 5 spoke Carbon Flash colored?
    3. What exactly are the Custom Splash Guards, VQK?
    4. I want the Rocker Panels with the Winglet extension in Carbon Flash. Is this available?
    5. Exactly what it the Engine Appearance Package, ZZ3?
    6. I didn’t see a “Red” or “Silver” Engine Cover offered. Did I miss it in the Order Guide?

Thanks everyone!!!

1. It's a rebranded CTEK battery maintainer with a Corvette logo on it.

2. 5 (split) spoke painted silver

3. They're sort of like tiny mudflaps that stick out from the rear edge of the wheel well to protect the fenders behind them from kicked up stones. They'll probably be similar to these for the C7, but we haven't actually seen them yet.

Click image for larger version  Name:	48004833d1469934664-oem-splash-guards-image.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.12 MB ID:	55802
    4. The visualizer implies they are available only with the full ground effects package: (Carbon Flash painted Carbon Fiber). But the ordering guide doesn't show them painted at all, only visible carbon fiber - and those require either the high wing or Z51. So the real answer is we don't know for sure.

5. Carbon fiber covers over the frame rails on either side of the engine and LED lighting to show off the engine:
    https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...wn-information

6. Red and Silver engine covers will be available, but not at the beginning of production. https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...orvettes/mid-e
    Last edited by meyerweb; 08-04-2019, 01:30 PM.
    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

At this point the Order Guide, online Visualizer, and Dealer Playbook Accessories section are not entirely in sync with one another. Some things appear in one but not in another. I'm sure this will get sorted out before your order is finalized with the dealer for the first consensus.
      1. If it's similar to the C7's battery protection option, it will be a small charger you plug into a power outlet (likely in the frunk) to maintain the battery. Usually comes with over-charging protection. Similar to what you can pick up at hardware store but has the correct plug on the end.
      2. Base wheels are silver 5-spoke, carbon flash are an option.
      3. Dunno, can somebody else chime in?
      4. According to the Dealer Playbook those rockers are LPO code SJI, no mention if they'll be available immediately or later.
      5. Some carbon fiber trim panels and LED lighting. Most if not all the display cars touring the dealers have it installed I believe, so checking out those photos may help.
      6. The engine covers (red = RCD, silver = RCC) are specifically mentioned in the Dealer Playbook as "Late Availability" whatever that means. They don't appear in the Order Guide due to that lack of sync'ing I mentioned at the top.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
        3. They're sort of like tiny mudflaps that stick out from the rear edge of the wheel well to protect the fenders behind them from kicked up stones. They'll probably be similar to these for the C7, but we haven't actually seen them yet.
        Thanks for including that picture. I was visualizing them as giant mud flaps like you find on other cars. Those actually look pretty decent and I might be tempted to pick them up to help protect the paint. Another option to add to the list!

Comment

I have them on my C7 (in black, not body color). You don't really notice them at all. The rear ones DO offer some useful protection. The fronts not so much, because when you turn the tread on the outside tire sticks out much further than these little flaps.
          Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I have had mud flaps on all our Corvettes. Have to keep throwing out new show trophies when more get won. No one notices them, but the sides of my Corvettes are much happier with them.

I actually preferred and installed the ACS Composite ones to the GM ones for my C7l
            Z07 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available including the wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

If you go to this page https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ed-information
              and click on the link, scroll down to the accessory book and then scroll down. There is a picture of the mud flaps there.

Comment

Outstanding info everyone! Thanks for responding. One more question: I want the all Carbon Flash wheels, 5 spoke, but cannot locate them in the order guide. Does anyone know the RPO number or where it is in the order guide? Thanks!

Comment

Do you mean 5-spoke like Q8Q which are black but with a machined lip? If so, a fully black version of that style is not being offered.

if you meant the Trident all-black wheels, they are 5DF on the second page of the wheel listing. In the online Order Guide it's really easy to miss the blue "More" button in the upper-right. That takes you to page two of the wheels. Remember that those are supplied as a second set of wheels. Your dealer can put them on the car, but you'll also have the base wheels or whatever else you ordered to stash away in the garage or sell off.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X