MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Site Maintenance

Scheduled maintenance will occur at around 07:00 PM Pacific Time on Wednesday August 21st, 2019
See more
See less

C8 Purchasing Distribution Updates

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Purchasing Distribution Updates

Distribution Updates.pdf

Update note from John: Here is a screen print of this week’s OG distribution updates. This is such an important thread for purchasing your new Corvette, that I am making it a sticky and also will be moving into the purchasing section.

KUDOES to Cobra 502!

Here is the first one screenprinted, and thanks to Cobra502, we also have the link should anyone want to check in their later.

Click image for larger version  Name:	5AE5017E-BDEE-4E38-AFC7-742543A51E27.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	367.0 KB ID:	55970
    Last edited by John; 08-04-2019, 07:41 PM.

I will be updating my order with the dealer .... Thank you.....

Comment

Does this also mean the rockers will be available in carbon fiber or flash?
      Rocket City Florida

Comment

So this is saying you can't get seats that are all red?
        SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
        >33,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

After studying the Order Guide a bit, I think (emphasize think) that two-tone seat requirement is only for HUA and HU7 versions of the Adrenaline Red, which are the GT2 or Competition seats with sueded microfiber inserts. If you get those seats in all leather, no insert, then I think you can get them all red. Unless you specially order them with the two-tone option of course. This can get confusing.

Comment

Yes indeed, it can be confusing. Thanks.
            SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
            >33,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

I think its saying that if you want suede with red, the suede inserts will be black. I think the suede only comes black, natural and sky cool gray.

Comment

Yes, the extended rockers will be available (as long as those above requirement modifiers are met), in both carbon fiber that is painted over with carbon flash black metallic paint (option “5W8”), and also visible carbon fiber (option “5VM”) that is not painted over.

I also believe we will have a third, much less expensive option, that is a “composite plastic” version that is painted a non metallic molded in body color (option STI)

As to why they would paint over carbon fiber at all, there are two reasons but they both come down to visual appearance limitations. Both of those are the same, A+ structural quality carbon fiber, but if in the manufacture of visible carbon fiber, there is a small but visible air bubble(s) in the outermost layer, or if the weave of the outermost visible carbon fiber is at all curvy, then GM instructs its supplier to paint it over because they will not sell visible carbon fiber that is visually blemished.
                Last edited by John; 08-04-2019, 08:10 PM.
                Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of NCM.

Comment

Did someone say prices will be released around the 15th?
                  Natural Leather for me

Comment

Yes, GM said so in writing.

Comment

Distribution Updates

Updates for Corvette

Week of 8/12/2019

Effective 8/12/2019, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:
                      • Interior section-(U2K) SiriusXM Radio, updated entire description to now read "SiriusXM with 360L, Equipped with SiriusXM with 360L. Enjoy a trial subscription of the All Access package for the full 360L experience, with a greater variety of SiriusXM content, a more personalized experience and easier navigation. With the All Access package, you can also enjoy your favorites everywhere you go, with the SiriusXM app, online and at home on compatible connected devices." Also updated footnote 1 to now read "IMPORTANT: The SiriusXM radio trial package is not provided on vehicles that are ordered for Fleet Daily Rental ("FDR") use. If you decide to continue service after your trial, the subscription plan you choose will automatically renew thereafter and you will be charged according to your chosen payment method at then-current rates. Fees and taxes apply. See the SiriusXM Customer Agreement at www.siriusxm.com for complete terms and how to cancel. All fees, content, features, and availability are subject to change. GM connected vehicle services vary by vehicle model and require active service plan, working electrical system, cell reception and GPS signal. See onstar.com for details and limitations."
                      • Exterior section-(5DF) LPO, 19" x 8.5" (48.3 cm x 21.6 cm) front and 20" x 10" (50.8 cm x 25.4 cm) rear 5-trident-spoke Black-painted aluminum wheels, updated bold description to now read "LPO, 19" x 8.5" (48.3 cm x 21.6 cm) front and 20" x 11" (50.8 cm x 27.9 cm) rear 5-trident-spoke Black-painted aluminum wheels".

Comment

Aug 19, 2019 Distribution Update:

Click image for larger version

Name:	8EF3EB79-8E2C-4EF6-BD44-32267FBE171A.jpeg
Views:	128
Size:	758.9 KB
ID:	61158

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X