Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast Latest Corvette News

Wow....there is so much Corvette news coming out right now.   Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com joins your host, Steve Garrett to cover it all. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...e-2021-e12kai2  Check out some of the headlines below....
1.  GM Cancels June Allocation – 3000 status orders to be completed
2.  Chevrolet releases details and pricing on 2022 Corvette
3.  Chevrolet will offer a Corvette C8.R Special Edition for 2022
4.  2022 C8 Corvette Visualizer is now live
5.  Right-hand drive C8’s arrive in Japan and revealed at Fuji Speedway
6.  Ordering Opens in Australia and New Zealand
7.  GM still working out details for 2023 Racing Program
8.  Juan Pablo Montoya loves the Indy 500 pace car C8 Corvette!
9.  With C8 details out for 2022, the Z06 will most likely be a 2023 model
10.  Pre-owned Corvette pricing up 34% in the last year
...and there's lots more!  Don't miss this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.
See more
See less

Factors Effecting Your C8 Delivery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factors Effecting Your C8 Delivery

There are so many important ones. Here some’s and others will add below additional ones:
    1. Duh, if you are wanting a future Z06+ model, not even announced.
    2. C8 Stingray coupes are going to be built first; best guess starting December.
    3. C8 Stingray HT convertibles are going to be built starting roughly three/four months afterwards.
    Now we get to the keys factors effecting your specific order.

1.Allocation:

Your dealer’s allocation amount andwhere you fit into your dealer’s order priority submittal.

2.Constraints:

We already know that there will be some, for GM has put into writing that Rapid Blue and several accessories are going to be “late availability.” This accessory sheet has three of them so announced.

Click image for larger version  Name:	9850BA6B-C668-4ED1-876B-8D8CE06A714C.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.35 MB ID:	52664

However, there could well be more constraints than already listed. If for example, GM has predicted a take rate of 30% for an option and in initial orders customer chose that option has a 60% rate, and of course not every supplier could even coming close to doubling their production and still meet GM inspection rigorous quality inspection standards, some ordering this hypothetical option would have have to wait (or choose to “give up” on that option). Sometimes making those latter types of decisions are the hardest for us all.

One of those for some of us will be “Buyers Tours,” for that option timing has not yet been announced, as it has not for Museum Delivery — just that both will resume at some point.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Great info!
    2020 C8 | Torch Red | Z51 | 3LT | Carbon | Comp Seats
    2016 Porsche GT4 | Black everything ... sold
    2016 BMW M2 | Blue | MT ... sold
    2014 C7 | Torch Red | Z51 | 2LT ... sold

Comment

John,

For late availability items like the red engine cover, if you put this as part of your order will they hold your build until that part becomes available or can it be something that is sent to the dealership and installed later on?

I really want the red engine cover but not if it means holding up the delivery.
      Last edited by ABorC; 07-28-2019, 04:47 PM. Reason: no need to quote original

Comment

Great question Gators2020. Here’s how this works. Re my order going in the next consensus (say next Thursday), has only two options, X and Y, and my dealer is ready to place my order (I am in his top 3 and he has 3 allocations for next week), and option Y is constrained. My dealer will ask me, “do you want me to take off option Y and get your car GM accepted this next consensus, or should I move someone ahead of you and wait until you can get both X and Y.

Note, if you say “I will hold for option Y, there is often no timetable as to when option Y will start to be available. Sometimes however GM will say “Less than 30 days.” In any case even if GM were to say less than 30 days, what if when the supplier ships to BGA the parts in 25 days, GM rejects them all due to those parts meeting their contractual agreed upon quality standards.

Hence, as I noted above, we all need to be ready to face some of our toughest decisions, e.g., getting it guaranteed to be accepted new week, or wait some truly unknown time until all is go. And, sorry to add more to this, what if next week there are billions of quality Y parts avaialbe, but now option X were to be constrained.

Note, often constraints are not total constraints, but say only 50 parts available nationwide, but 54 customers have that option on their order. In such cases GM disproportionally rewards those limited parts to the biggest selling Corvette dealers.

Smart of you Gators202 to consider now which options you would compromise on and which ones you will not. BTW, I too want the red engine cover (actually coveting the Edge Red one — a darker red to match Long Beach Red), but already working on a plan to paint it myself once my car arrives, i.e., I will not hold up my order for the engine cover color. BUT, I will hold up my order if option E 60 Lift System is constrained.

Hope this helps.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

So how are they going to deliver Z51 equipped cars in the dead of winter? Those tires have a limitation that they can't be mounted or under any load if the temperature goes below 20 degrees Fahrenheit. I would think that Bowling Green could see temps below that in January/February no matter where the final destination is. Aren't these cars being transported by open air trailer?

I am wondering if the Z51 option will become constrained during the winter because of the tires?

Comment

So John, what are your top 3 colors you are considering at this point? What is your build looking like?

Comment

John Thanks for the information

by the way, do you think the E 60 Lift System is the must order option item? according to the other member’s post, “ the dealer assured me that the C8 is the same height as previous Corvettes, so clearance should not be a problem”

Could you please share what your experience was with the previous generation Corvette regarding height clearance? What makes you think you have to order E 60 Lift system for C8 even if C8 has a same height clearance as C7 ?

Also, the option items listed as the Accessries, does it mean that all the accessries will be produced later and not available for the first production at least?

thanks.

Comment

Welcome, vcapp. We are glad you joined us. Good questions in your first post.

If you travel a lot to new and different places, if around your daily town trip, if getting in and out your driveway, and/or if you have speed bumps and dips in your neighborhood that are a PIA to get around and over safely, then IMO getting E60 is a very good idea (if it fits into your budget). If no one of the above, why would one order it?

I lowered my C7 Z06 to 4.7” and with its factory extended splitter and a fair amount of the four factors in the above paraphrase, I was/am darn lucky to have my factory splitter undamaged (except some very minor scapes on the underside). I know one person, admittedly unlucky, who is on his fourth splitter (three after the original purchase), and quite a few others who have bought a second replacement splitter.

At this time, re the Accessories list, only three are indicated as delayed, meaning if all goes according to plan, the rest should be available when the first C8 ship from the factory.

Comment

Originally posted by mpgxsvcd View Post
                  So how are they going to deliver Z51 equipped cars in the dead of winter? Those tires have a limitation that they can't be mounted or under any load if the temperature goes below 20 degrees Fahrenheit. I would think that Bowling Green could see temps below that in January/February no matter where the final destination is. Aren't these cars being transported by open air trailer?

I am wondering if the Z51 option will become constrained during the winter because of the tires?
                  Z51 and all other deliveries I will continue year round in the U.S. My car was delivered in late December, having traveled across the country on a train for two weeks after sitting outside in cold weather for over a week more, and no cracked tires. Cracked tires is an over-hyped fear.

Mike Furman has delivered around 2,000 C7’s and never had one customer tell him of his/her having even one cracked tire. And when there were some cracked tires, GM/Michelin stood up and replaced them under warranty at those car’s initial dealership delivery.

There was one picture that was circulated around the world; bet I saw it 50 times on FB and two other forums, of a C7 in Canada in winter had gone out, come back at midnight, parked it on ice at the U.S. temp equivalent of -20. The heat in its tires first melted the ice; the ice re-froze and all four tires had bad cracks. Oh my, after that picture came out, you would think earth would have started circling Jupiter.

I do not drive at low temp (because on HP summer tires, they do not handle safety when IMO below 35 degrees — and I always use weather mode when below 45 degrees). But not to worry, for GM will be delivering Z51 C8’s 52 weeks per year in the 48 continental states and also Hawaii. Canadian deliveries are stopped from approx November 1-March 30th; have not heard about Alaskan deliveries.

Comment

John, What does your "crystal Ball" tell you about "Late Availability" for RCD, Long Beach Red Engine Intake Cover? What is your best guess, if you would please? If you don't want to guess, I don't blame you. It's a deal breaker for me, but if I won't get the car next year sometime, guess I'll have to go with BLACK, but doesn't quite make the best show !
                    2020 C8 Stingray Coupe 2LT; LBR Metallic / Natural Interior; GT1 Seats; EFY; Silver Hash Marks; E60-Front Lift; ZZ3-Engine Pkg; NPP-Exhaust; Edge Red Calipers; Edge Red Eng Cover; EYK; VQK; RXH; WKQ; SC7; GNOCC charter member. C8 arrived at the dealer 8/10/20

Comment

Two months after production starts — but that is a total guess based on nothing but a crystal ball. Also it looks like the standard black engine cover comes out with six bolts, has nothing interfering with its easy removal (but something I will check the end of next month at NCM 25th Anniversary event), and pull it out get high temp matching paint from G2usa.com and for around $100 paint it yourself with their brake caliper paint — exactly what I will be doing if it is constrained when I get to order mine.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                        Great question Gators2020. Here’s how this works. Re my order going in the next consensus (say next Thursday), has only two options, X and Y, and my dealer is ready to place my order (I am in his top 3 and he has 3 allocations for next week), and option Y is constrained. My dealer will ask me, “do you want me to take off option Y and get your car GM accepted this next consensus, or should I move someone ahead of you and wait until you can get both X and Y.

Note, if you say “I will hold for option Y, there is often no timetable as to when option Y will start to be available. Sometimes however GM will say “Less than 30 days.” In any case even if GM were to say less than 30 days, what if when the supplier ships to BGA the parts in 25 days, GM rejects them all due to those parts meeting their contractual agreed upon quality standards.

Hence, as I noted above, we all need to be ready to face some of our toughest decisions, e.g., getting it guaranteed to be accepted new week, or wait some truly unknown time until all is go. And, sorry to add more to this, what if next week there are billions of quality Y parts avaialbe, but now option X were to be constrained.

Note, often constraints are not total constraints, but say only 50 parts available nationwide, but 54 customers have that option on their order. In such cases GM disproportionally rewards those limited parts to the biggest selling Corvette dealers.

Smart of you Gators202 to consider now which options you would compromise on and which ones you will not. BTW, I too want the red engine cover (actually coveting the Edge Red one — a darker red to match Long Beach Red), but already working on a plan to paint it myself once my car arrives, i.e., I will not hold up my order for the engine cover color. BUT, I will hold up my order if option E 60 Lift System is constrained.

Hope this helps.
                        This is a great response . But, does raise a question on the Individual Dealer's responsibility to a customer. Would all dealers go to the Customer and say if a certain option was in a constraint status or just go to the next customer who's order that had no options with constraints. ?????????????

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X