Question for people who have ordered a new vehicle from GM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for people who have ordered a new vehicle from GM

So is the pricing on your new vehicle set when you order it or when you actually get it.

I'm just curious because I may get a convertible in an oddball color with plenty of options, which could dely it for a while from what I've been reading.

If they end up raising pricing in the meantime that would suck possibly ALOT.

When GM increased the price of the 2014 Stingray in March of 2014, they honored pricing for those whose orders had been accepted by Chevrolet (event code 2000). However, the standard procedure is to only honor the previous pricing on cars built prior to the effective price increase date.
    Last edited by jagamajajaran; 07-25-2019, 10:55 PM.

Comment

I ordered my c6 and picked up at NCM. When you order - the price is the price. They can't pull anything on ya. It's quick too, that is when production is going. It took about 6 weeks to build out my c6. It was a fun experience!
      NCM Life Member

Comment

If you are thinking when your your order is accepted, became status 2,000 by GM, you are correct that your price would be protected; however, if one went in to your dealer yesterday or next month or whenever, and your 1100 order were not picked up until next May, and in the interim there was an intervening price increase of + $1,000, your order would only be accepted with your paying that incremental $1,000 price. Sorry.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

In any transaction whether it be buying a car or a goat or anything The set terms of the contract inclusive price is set at the meeting of the minds or SIGNED CONTRACT. Prices will remain the same throughout the terms of the contract

Comment

Originally posted by ZORA 69 View Post
            In any transaction whether it be buying a car or a goat or anything The set terms of the contract inclusive price is set at the meeting of the minds or SIGNED CONTRACT. Prices will remain the same throughout the terms of the contract
            That is true, but the purchase contract is signed at time of delivery, not when ordered. As stated, once the order is accepted and in the system, then price protection occurs.

Comment

Every time I ordered a car the deal was set right then. Even the year they went on strike (the 1975 model year). That one wasn't in stone but 500 over invoice was the deal. Just how long are we talking about for delivery...3 months?

Comment

We ordered our 2014 Stingray in early Jan. 2015 and it took 7 months to get during which time there were 2 price increases. Our contract at signing was honored. The best part was because we and our dealer bugged the Zone Manager so much we ended up getting $2500 in free accessories. Our dealer said that in 30 years in business he had never seen that. When we did a NCM delivery 2 weeks before 2014 production ended we were told that a sizable number of 2014 orders getting 2015 ‘s at 2014 prices.

Comment

Good information above, though we all know that other than “under $60,000K to start,” we do not yet have any pricing. All orders at 1100 status are not GM accepted, and no dealer can sign a contract that is binding for a product they do not know they will ever be getting. Check that, yes they can sign said contract, but they can not deliver a C8 until GM later accept and agrees to build that car. My guess is that everything any of us sign has enough “out” clauses for a dealer to protect them from that eventuality.
                  GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil1098 View Post

That is true, but the purchase contract is signed at time of delivery, not when ordered. As stated, once the order is accepted and in the system, then price protection occurs.
                    OK, lol a Portion of The purchase contract is resigned at delivery. A contract exists at the ordering stage.

Comment

I made my deposit today. I was told that pricing will be released on August 15th, and I will have 72 hours to decide whether to continue with the order. Within that 72 hours I can get my deposit back.
                      Torch red 1LT, no options. Built June 4, received July 2

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X