Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Kai Spande BGA Manager

On this episode of CORVETTE TODAY, you get to meet the Corvette Plant Manager for the Bowling Green Assembly Plant, Kai Spande!
Your host, Steve Garrett, introduces you to Kai as he traces his career with GM. Kai talks about how the Bowling Green Assembly Plant transitioned from the front engine, C7 Corvette, to the mid-engine C8 Corvette. You'll get insights on the plant expansion and how they made that all happen...giving the new C8 Corvette a true state-of-the-art build facility. Kai also tells you about the Corvettes he has owned and the funny story of how he loved Corvettes, but never thought he'd get to work for it during his tenure at GM. Get to personally know Corvette Plant Manager, Kai Spande, on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Website: www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCRn-2X0SjjEXUt_...
Get CORVETTE TODAY emails: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
NEW!!! Get CORVETTE TODAY merchandise here: https://www.agpestores.com//lanmarxgraphix/grouppr...
See more
See less

Never owned a Corvette before...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Never owned a Corvette before...

    I just joined this forum yesterday, and am a 57yr old female who has wanted to own a Corvette since I was 16yrs old. My husband and I decided that the 2020 ME C8 is probably a good place to start. We aren’t even sure where to start. We live near Chicago but have a home in Naples FL and will probably purchase it through a dealer in FL somewhere. Any advise on where to start?

  • #2
    Welcome to the forum!

    Are you looking for advice about what Corvette & options to consider, or how to find a good dealer? (or both?)

    Comment


    • #3
      Before you buy spend some time on this form. You’ll learn so much. You’ll find out how to buy from a dealer for MSRP. You’ll find out which dealers give you good deals and how to pick up a car from out of state. How do you do a museum pack up. You’ll love this form.

      Comment


      • #4
        Welcome Sandyslu to the forum. We are happy to assist you.

        Before ordering, may I suggest you please read these two threads. Sorry they are lengthy, but lots we wish to share with you.

        https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-your-corvette

        https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...20-me-corvette

        Also if you are all interested, please check out the option of National Corvette Museum Delivery in Bowling Green, KY, then driving your new beauty home to Naples.

        https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-or-nationally

        www.corvettemuseum.org

        Sent you a private message.
        Last edited by John; 07-05-2019, 05:28 PM.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

        Comment


        • #5
          Congratulations on all accounts! And welcome aboard, you'll love the information and the people too.
          2017 TR GS 2LT

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Klinn View Post
            Welcome to the forum!

            Are you looking for advice about what Corvette & options to consider, or how to find a good dealer? (or both?)
            I’m pretty sure I want the new ME 2020 Corevette. Thank you all for your insight and I will be busy reading the information on the links John provided.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Sandyslu View Post
              I just joined this forum yesterday, and am a 57yr old female who has wanted to own a Corvette since I was 16yrs old. My husband and I decided that the 2020 ME C8 is probably a good place to start. We aren’t even sure where to start. We live near Chicago but have a home in Naples FL and will probably purchase it through a dealer in FL somewhere. Any advise on where to start?
              Stingray Chevrolet in Plant City, Fl is offering at MSRP and currently have a list you can get on for ordering. If you go that direction call them and talk to Matt.

              Comment


              • #8
                Welcome Sandyslu and Husband. Welcome to our world. John sent you some great links The top three dealers are the best to buy from with a Courtesy delivery to a dealership in The Naples area. I am a Florida resident as well. I usually would not advise anyone to stay away from certain dealers but I will make an exception when it comes to Bomnin in Miami. First talk to a rep with either Kerbeck, Macmulkin or Criswell. Then if need be talk to Bomnin, you will pick up on what I am warning you of. They are not selling at MSRP and when I spoke to them they were very shifty about pricing . They have some of the worst dealer fees on top of that in the business. Others do not have these fees.
                I would recomend a quick decision before the reveal on th18th of July as I have a feeling these dealers will be overwhelmed with inquiries not to mention the work that have ahead to place orders with the ones that have already have placed pre order deposits and will have 1000s of questions each on these cars.
                Good Luck and I as others feel you will find the Corvette Community a great bunch of people.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Welcome Sandy and your husband.

                  i am sure as you and your husband go to order your brand new 2020 corvette you will find a wealth of information on what options to order for the greatest enjoyment of your corvette.

                  if I may be so bold my recommendation is to take your time to decide which options are important to you and your husband.



                  Have fun and seriously consider the forum dealers as they do a fantastic job of meeting and exceeding your pricing, ordering and delivery expectations.



                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Sandyslu View Post
                    I’m pretty sure I want the new ME 2020 Corevette. Thank you all for your insight and I will be busy reading the information on the links John provided.
                    Good choice, but I was wondering which version of the new Corvette you might prefer. Since the C8 hasn't been officially revealed yet we don't know for sure, but typically different models of the car are introduced over time, a base car initially and then a couple of higher performance models as the years go by. Some folks prefer to wait for the later ones. In addition, each model of Corvette has several trim levels, plus there are usually some other options which might or might not interest you.

                    If you're not too familiar with the typical progression of Corvette models, you might want to check out GM's "Build Your Own" site for the current C7 to see what sort of possibilities await you. Again, we're not sure that the new C8 will follow the exact same path, but the last 3 generations have so it's a reasonable assumption.

                    If all of this sounds confusing at the moment, don't worry! As you mentioned, reading and reading some more will give you the background, and we'll be glad to answer any questions you might have.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Welcome Sandy and Mr. Sandy.

                      Be sure they give you a copy of the sales brochure when you make the purchase.
                      Save the wave.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Klinn View Post

                        Good choice, but I was wondering which version of the new Corvette you might prefer. Since the C8 hasn't been officially revealed yet we don't know for sure, but typically different models of the car are introduced over time, a base car initially and then a couple of higher performance models as the years go by. Some folks prefer to wait for the later ones. In addition, each model of Corvette has several trim levels, plus there are usually some other options which might or might not interest you.

                        If you're not too familiar with the typical progression of Corvette models, you might want to check out GM's "Build Your Own" site for the current C7 to see what sort of possibilities await you. Again, we're not sure that the new C8 will follow the exact same path, but the last 3 generations have so it's a reasonable assumption.

                        If all of this sounds confusing at the moment, don't worry! As you mentioned, reading and reading some more will give you the background, and we'll be glad to answer any questions you might have.
                        Klinn,

                        Thank you for your insight. We did do the “Build Your Own” and that was fun in itself. I’m sure I will be asking a ton of questions before this is all said and done. Thanks to you all for your help so far. Doing my reading right now....

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I am a measure twice, cut once type of guy. By spending some generous time on a site such as this, you will find out what new owners love, what disappoints them, and what they would have done differently if they had only known. On the C7, I took three or four months to learn the experiences of new owners of a new model. And when I ordered mine, I got it right the first time.

                          You are going to have fun, whichever way you go.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Sandyslu View Post
                            I just joined this forum yesterday, and am a 57yr old female who has wanted to own a Corvette since I was 16yrs old. My husband and I decided that the 2020 ME C8 is probably a good place to start. We aren’t even sure where to start. We live near Chicago but have a home in Naples FL and will probably purchase it through a dealer in FL somewhere. Any advise on where to start?
                            Welcome Mrs. and Mr. Sandy, this is the right place to come for any help you may need. We are all anxious to help provide our objective opinions. John has given you the keys to get started, you need to find a dealer and get on a wait list ASAP. 7/18/19 is the date of the new C8 Corvette reveal, it will be live streamed and we are all patiently waiting for that date ( I’m cracking myself up here).

                            Owning a Corvette will be an Amazing experience you and your husband will not regret.

                            Cheers!
                            Last edited by Richrat; 07-05-2019, 09:32 PM.
                            Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - Delivered 3/18/20 C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Richrat View Post

                              Welcome Mrs. and Mr. Sandy, this is the right place to come for any help you may need. We are all anxious to help provide our objective opinions. John has given you the keys to get started, you need to find a dealer and get on a wait list ASAP. 7/18/19 is the date of the new C8 Corvette reveal, it will be live streamed and we are all patiently waiting for that date ( I’m cracking myself up here).

                              Owning a Corvette will be an Amazing experience you and your husband will not regret.

                              Cheers!
                              Thanks Richrat. What is the advantage of the wait list??

                              Comment

                              MECF_728x90_bottom

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X