Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Corvette Today: Carbon Revolution, from Australia, Discuss Their Carbon Fiber Wheels

Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett sits down with Tim deSouze from Australia and Brad Lethorn from their North American office. https://youtu.be/F0LBAqkYjY4; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...rxNOYlIxPjYr24. Tim and Brad talk about the origins of the company, what other car brands they make Carbon Fiber wheels for and the future of Carbon Fiber!It's a fascinating and informative show! Don't miss this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.

Don't miss a single episode of CORVETTE TODAY on podcast and YouTube. Each week's episode launches on Monday at 12 midnight Eastern Time.Listen to the show, watch the YouTube video, join the Facebook group, sign up for email notifications and shop in the CORVETTE TODAY Merchandise Store at:
www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
2 of 3 < >

Ten Words Maximum Or POTM’s Disqualified

Every single month people are forgetting how to count to ten — the maximum amount of words in our POTM contest. So starting tomorrow, if your entry exceeds 10 words, it would be DISQUALIFIED for the month. No “re-do’s,” edits. nor substitutions afterward.
3 of 3 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Dealership GREED IN Z06 Pricing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
    Some fool will say "it's faster than a $500,000 Ferrari, and $300,000 cheaper. I got a bargain!"
    Then I have a second Bargain for that same Fool. 😂
    1999 C5 Magnetic Red Coupe -Z51 - SOLD 7/31/21
    2021 C8 Red Mist Z51 HTC, 2LT -
    Delivered 8/28/21 @ The National Corvette Museum
    Mag Ride & Front Lift Carbon Flash Top/Mirrors/AH Splitter & Skirts, STD Silver Wheels, GT2 2-Tone Seats Sky Cool Grey/Black

Comment

GM’s response sent to a trusted friend of mine (and MECF integral member).

Originally posted by GM Spokesperson
      Thanks for your input. As you and I have spoken previously, there are many laws, state and federal that manage price to both dealers and consumers. Rest assured, our leadership team is aware of the current environment we are in, which in fact extends beyond vehicles like Corvette and will address appropriately. Thanks as always for you interest and support.
      I and all are so glad that the original letter from GM VP Steve Carlisle is not the end of this. Very pleased that GM is still working on this egregious issue.
      Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
        This is disgusting, BS, and horrible! GM please find a way to allocation burn every dealer who is engaging is this — in whatever way that you are able.

Sure this dealer is not the only one, but it is the latest one to come across my desk. OUTRAGEOUS is an understatement. Lest no one forget that in spite of selling many few vehicles last year due to chip and other supply chain shortages, it was a record profit year for dealerships. Profit is fine in my book. Making a little extra about your normal profit is fine too (as long as we are not talking food, water, gasoline to escape from an upcoming hurricane and similar), but $100,000 over MSRP when we already know dealers make a good profit — and one they deserve that my opinion when they sell at MSRP.

I know of another dealer in LA who started identical up front contracts for $100,000 over MSRP literally the week of the Z06’s reveal for the following dealer is not alone. So sad, for we used to think a $5K ADM was excessive.

Click image for larger version Name:	321656CD-4372-4034-A22A-C4D1F5D599C3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	315.0 KB ID:	376542
        I believe that we can do more through this forum than just complaint. We should applaud and name those dealers that sell at MSRP. I want to acknowledge my very small 6 allocations a year dealer, NILES of Key West. They did not even ask for a deposit, they just said come pay for the car when we get a VIN. They too abhor what those others are doing.

Comment

Agreed that NILES of Key West is one of the good guys for treating you and others that way. As I (and probably millions of others) have said for decades, we vote with our wallets, spend money where we are treated right.

My very local, small town dealer is another great place. They sell to those they have personally vetted are not flippers, sell to those who live in town (the owner lives here and practices supporting where he lives) and requires selling all including every C8 Stingray and including upcoming Z06’s at MSRP. Hooray for Emmett Chevrolet in St. Helens, OR
          Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

The dealers have already been adding $100,000 to the new Hummer.

Comment

That sure is sad too. Two wrongs never made one right to any of us

Comment

We, as consumers, have the right not to patronize these unscrupulous dealers. I have been fortunate to have a relationship with a dealer I can trust, that will only sell at MSRP Minus $500.
                Even if GM cannot regulate them, we can choose not to do business with them.

Comment

Well this is just the beginning to a long long list of dealers going for the home run ball. Post up all of the crazy over MSRP dealers!!!

Comment

I wonder what avenue I would take if I were a dealer?

Comment

I think we ( MECF Members) Should All Call Dim-Wit Chevrolet and feign Interest in Buying a ZO6, then say $100 K Plus MSRP ? , ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME haha 😎🥸

Comment

To repeat what others are saying, it's really the 'fools' that pay the price, more than the dealers attempting it that are to blame.

Think of what these nut cases could do with those amounts of money, given to a needy cause or quality charity organization. Some folks are so self absorbed that it consistently shocks me...and I'm not easily shocked anymore.
                        '64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
                        '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
                        Several others including two C7's

'20... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels- 10/1/20😀 GAME CHANGER

Comment

What do you expect from a dealership named "Dimwit"?
                          2022 C8 convertible - LT2, Z51 - Torch Red w/Natural interior & blacked out wheels, nacelles and rear spoiler.
                          Previous mid-engine cars: 1985/'91/'02 Toyota MR2s, 2011 Lotus Elise

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
                            To repeat what others are saying, it's really the 'fools' that pay the price, more than the dealers attempting it that are to blame.

Think of what these nut cases could do with those amounts of money, given to a needy cause or quality charity organization. Some folks are so self absorbed that it consistently shocks me...and I'm not easily shocked anymore.
                            I'd prefer to call them 'victims' rather than 'fools' in most cases. Unlike us MECF'ers they are mostly un-educated....and we can help educate them.
                            Here in Aussie we have no choice - ALL dealers charge an ADM.....for the SR it's between $5k to $20K.......hate to think what the Z06 will be 😪

Comment

I just saw the Z06 in person in SoCal and I asked a salesperson how much it would cost. They indicated that it will be 50-60k above MSRP at least. I then asked how about ordering a regular C8? He said “only 25k” above MSRP!

Glad I got my C8 on order @ MSRP at another dealer…

Comment

It’s disgusting but not unexpected. Van Chevrolet in Scottsdale, AZ is also asking for 100K over MSRP on the Z06. They were selling base stingrays for 30K over but have come down some on negotiation lately. I bought my 2014 stingray new at MSRP from them and after this won’t consider them again. The only problem now is finding a local dealer who won’t price gouge.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X