Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Corvette Today: Carbon Revolution, from Australia, Discuss Their Carbon Fiber Wheels

Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett sits down with Tim deSouze from Australia and Brad Lethorn from their North American office. https://youtu.be/F0LBAqkYjY4; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...rxNOYlIxPjYr24. Tim and Brad talk about the origins of the company, what other car brands they make Carbon Fiber wheels for and the future of Carbon Fiber!It's a fascinating and informative show! Don't miss this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.

Don't miss a single episode of CORVETTE TODAY on podcast and YouTube. Each week's episode launches on Monday at 12 midnight Eastern Time.Listen to the show, watch the YouTube video, join the Facebook group, sign up for email notifications and shop in the CORVETTE TODAY Merchandise Store at:
www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
2 of 3 < >

Ten Words Maximum Or POTM’s Disqualified

Every single month people are forgetting how to count to ten — the maximum amount of words in our POTM contest. So starting tomorrow, if your entry exceeds 10 words, it would be DISQUALIFIED for the month. No “re-do’s,” edits. nor substitutions afterward.
3 of 3 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Dealership GREED IN Z06 Pricing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealership GREED IN Z06 Pricing!

This is disgusting, BS, and horrible! GM please find a way to allocation burn every dealer who is engaging is this — in whatever way that you are able.

Sure this dealer is not the only one, but it is the latest one to come across my desk. OUTRAGEOUS is an understatement. Lest no one forget that in spite of selling many few vehicles last year due to chip and other supply chain shortages, it was a record profit year for dealerships. Profit is fine in my book. Making a little extra about your normal profit is fine too (as long as we are not talking food, water, gasoline to escape from an upcoming hurricane and similar), but $100,000 over MSRP when we already know dealers make a good profit — and one they deserve that my opinion when they sell at MSRP.

I know of another dealer in LA who started identical up front contracts for $100,000 over MSRP literally the week of the Z06’s reveal for the following dealer is not alone. So sad, for we used to think a $5K ADM was excessive.

Click image for larger version  Name:	321656CD-4372-4034-A22A-C4D1F5D599C3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	315.0 KB ID:	376542

Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

The only thing worse than this dealer fishing expedition ... is the Hook & Catch 😣
    1999 C5 Magnetic Red Coupe -Z51 - SOLD 7/31/21
    2021 C8 Red Mist Z51 HTC, 2LT -
    Delivered 8/28/21 @ The National Corvette Museum
    Mag Ride & Front Lift Carbon Flash Top/Mirrors/AH Splitter & Skirts, STD Silver Wheels, GT2 2-Tone Seats Sky Cool Grey/Black

Comment

Thankfully we know their lists are now so long or closed, is that every MECF dealership vendor has only sold their customer ordered new Corvettes are MSRP. Confirmation from almost all of them has been received that they will be doing the same for the Z06. 2023 SR’s at MSRP at all.

We “lost” a MECF dealership vendor because of two major factors, one of which is while that he sold C8 Stingray’s at MSRP for two years, then upped them to +$18,000 over MSRP. Bye, bye dealership.
      Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Someone who wants a car now with money to burn will pay whatever the price is. I have a neighbor who was bragging to me how he paid $15K over MSRP for his 2022 C8 from a local dealer down here in Florida, i told him your an idiot i was on the MacMulkin list for a shorter period of time and didn't pay over MSRP..He didn't say a word.
        Last edited by Bixx; 05-11-2022, 11:27 AM.

Comment

I'd forward a copy to the owner of the dealership. If you work for a company and use it's letterhead you are an ambassador for the company. If that person worked for me - they would no longer work for me. Only a moron would compose such a wreck of a correspondence.

Comment

That letter is absolutely insane and looks like it was written by someone with about a 4th grade education. I would definitely confirm with the sales manager or dealership owner. If it really is true, time to move to another dealer even if the wait is longer.
            2020 C8, Elkhart Lake Blue, Sky Cool Gray, 2LT, Z51, GT2 Seats, FE4 mag ride, nose lift, performance exhaust, carbon flash wheels. Loving it!

Comment

This is very sad to see everytime it surfaces but it also reflects how people with stupid money do stupid things. Most of us on this forum would never pay an extorsion fee like this $100,000. I applaud John for saying goodbye to any dealership vendor forum sponsor who does such act.

Comment

Kidnappers, extortionists, and blackmailers only succeed because they can find suckers willing to pay. You can add to that list "greedy Chevy dealers".

And those who pay such outlandish prices should not be envied. They should be pitied.
                2022 HTC 2LT Z51
                Front lift, mag ride
                black exterior, adrenaline red interior, bright red calipers

Comment

From how I got it, the letter is not fake. IMO, I just removed the salesperson’s name and the to “whom” name.

Comment

Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
                    Kidnappers, extortionists, and blackmailers only succeed because they can find suckers willing to pay. You can add to that list "greedy Chevy dealers".

And those who pay such outlandish prices should not be envied. They should be pitied.
                    👍 Conmen need two things; a Con and a Willing Subject.

It's great that we can alert people on the Cons, but you can't control what people wants to hear.
                    1999 C5 Magnetic Red Coupe -Z51 - SOLD 7/31/21
                    2021 C8 Red Mist Z51 HTC, 2LT -
                    Delivered 8/28/21 @ The National Corvette Museum
                    Mag Ride & Front Lift Carbon Flash Top/Mirrors/AH Splitter & Skirts, STD Silver Wheels, GT2 2-Tone Seats Sky Cool Grey/Black

Comment

While I emotionally agreed with your sentiments, to be fair, this dealership is not a kidnapper, and extortionist, nor a blackmailer. He is at least disgusting and greedy, and worse words could also be used to also describe him.

So sad to sad this but of course this is not the only dealership doing this (though thankfully even among those charging ADM, most are at signficantly lesser amounts).

Comment

I live is St Pete Beach FL, 15ish miles to Dimmitt. They've been selling Stingrays for 30K over, as has Maher in St Pete. Easly believable they are asking 100K over for ZO6. Nothing but contempt for them both, luckily Stingray Chevy is some 45 miles away. I feel for anyway agreeing ton100K, or even 30 K over....
                        Steve - 2023 C8 Z51 HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, Carbon Flash Nacelles and Roof, 2 Tone Natural Interior, Q99 20 Spoke Wheels, Front Lift, and assorted others (J6N, TVS, R8C, FA5, NGA, BAZ)

Born On Date: Jun 2023 (Fingers Crossed)

Comment

If you have a reputable dealer and a lasting relationship you should not pay anything over MSRP….
                          that’s been my experience….
                          3LT, Torch Red, Z51, Black Trident Wheels, Competition Seats, Red Stitching and belts, PTM, Carbon Fiber ground effects and interior, Front Lift, Dual Carbon Roof, High Wing Spoiler, Racing Stripe in carbon, Red calipers, Performance exhaust, Engine Appearance

Comment

I agree when supply catches demand they will feel like suckers too.
                            Great times now looking back at the good old days paying 74k for a 92k car, then paying 68k for a 91 k car. Both bring more than I paid in today's market. Priceless I can drive either one all I want with no worry. The icing is just 13k in DIY mods on each and you have a pair of supercars.

Comment

Some fool will say "it's faster than a $500,000 Ferrari, and $300,000 cheaper. I got a bargain!"
                              Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X