Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #115 - Corvette News & Headlines, Late June 2022

We've got the latest News & Headlines in the world of Corvette for you every other week! Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger is back to give you the inside scoop on what's happening. https://youtu.be/ZnVdDJHYDxo; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...2cqLUlcMmj6m4x
Here are a few of the topics covered on next week's podcast....
C8 Z06 benchmarked Porsche, Audi, Ferrari and McLaren
Chevrolet raises prices on 2023 C8 Stingray
Chevrolet adds DCT transmission filter life to maintenance tab on 2023 Corvettes
Chevy offers "Dark Stealth" crossed flags for 2023 Corvettes
WEC drops GTE Pro class for 2023 and introduces GTE Premium for 2024
Chevrolet is offering Dark Stealth Crossed Flags for the 2023 Corvettes
Is Corvette is scheduled for an interior refresh in 2024?
Chevrolet to offer 1 of 1 Mint Green Z06 in first NFT Auction
GM releases 2 more videos about the C8 Z06
This Friday, July 1st, is "Drive Your Corvette To Work" Day!

Don't miss a single episode of CORVETTE TODAY on podcast and YouTube. Each week's episode launches on Monday at 12 midnight Eastern Time.
2 of 2 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Pink Elephant and TPW 5/9 - Next Week!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pink Elephant and TPW 5/9 - Next Week!

Our C8 has moved to 3400 status with a TPW of 5/9 - Next Week!

So excited as I put in another post this will be 19 years since Marianne and I visited the museum and I told her one day I wanted to get a Corvette and pick it up at the museum. This was part of our trip to Graceland, when I looked at the dates of the photos we were there it was June 13 2003. I am hopeful we can pick the C8 up the week of June 13 about 6 weeks from now almost exactly 19 years to the day of our visit as newlyweds. This seems to be a good timeline given a week to build the car, any QC time and the two week wait to pick it up at NCM.

We were looking at the photos and noticed a goofy photo we took with a pink elephant see attached. I think this just north of Nashville in Cross plains TN after doing some digging on the internet. We thought it would be fun to go see that again as part of our nostalgic trip. I can't tell if it is still there as the last reference to it I can find on the internet was back in 2014. Curius if any of you folks who have driven up to the museum on 65 from Nashville have seen this and can confirm its still around and still in Cross Plains area. I know this is silly but will be fun for Marianne and me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3285.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	375694 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3270.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	898.2 KB
ID:	375692 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3267.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	815.2 KB
ID:	375691
    Attached Files

I'll raise a toast to you both getting a Delivered C8, during the week of June 13th. (If Not before) I'd call and get a delivery scheduled with Shane to Guarantee that time slot you want.
    Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

Originally posted by rickg747 View Post
      I'll raise a toast to you both getting a Delivered C8, during the week of June 13th. (If Not before) I'd call and get a delivery scheduled with Shane to Guarantee that time slot you want.
      Thanks for the advice.

Shane emailed me and we are tentatively set for June 15th at 10am, Once the car is built and released to Shane and his team he will lock in that time and we can make final travel plans.

So excited should have my dream car in bout 5 weeks!!

Comment

congrats, on your anniversary,and the delivery of your C8.Thanks for sharing your pictures, love looking back, wow 19years ago seems like yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by sasman666 View Post

Thanks for the advice.

Shane emailed me and we are tentatively set for June 15th at 10am, Once the car is built and released to Shane and his team he will lock in that time and we can make final travel plans.

So excited should have my dream car in bout 5 weeks!!
          Well Done sasman666
          Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

Its official!

My baby is built and with Shane and his team as of this morning. Delivery is confirmed at the museum on June 15th at 10 am.

I am so happy I am on the verge of crying.

Thanks to everyone for all the great advice and well wishes. Going to work on making sure I take it all in at delivery and enjoy the moment.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by sasman666 View Post
              Its official!

My baby is built and with Shane and his team as of this morning. Delivery is confirmed at the museum on June 15th at 10 am.

I am so happy I am on the verge of crying.

Chris

I know that feeling.. Congratulations

Comment

IM still dreaming, but happy for you. share some pics

Comment

We are Corvette owners!

Marianne and I picked her up yesterday. The Museum delivery was outstanding, the experience from beginning to end was first class. We really enjoyed the personal guided tour of the museum, so much to see we need to stop back again soon.

We made a short trip about 70 miles to Nashville and just crashed from such an emotional day. Today we are off to find that pink elephant.

Name:	IMG_5513.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	384468 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5514.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	384471 Click image for larger version

Name:	89CC0D09-81F7-46F7-B455-AEC895B001A5.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	334.8 KB
ID:	384472 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5498.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	2.94 MB
ID:	384475
                  Attached Files

Comment

Congrats Sasman666! Beautiful, stylish build, enjoy finding that elephant!
                    2023 MY... 1YC07 SR Coupe, 3LT, Z51 pkg w/MSRC, GPH-Red Mist, Body color exterior accents, Front lift and other goodies

Comment

How exciting sasman666 for you and mrs sasman. Very nicely done!
                      Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

What a trip to pick up our Corvette. Museum Delivery, Graceland and we found the pink elephant on our way home. The Elephant like myself is showing its age 19 years later, was great to see it and reflect on what a wonderful last 19 years Marianne and I have had.

Name:	IMG_5541.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	385071

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X