Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #129 - Corvette News and Headlines, Early October 2022

Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger team up once again to bring you the most current and up-to-date information on Corvette. It’s the CORVETTE TODAY News & Headlines show to start off October! https://youtu.be/NG7JwFGJf04; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...lUqQwp7DeopRJV
Here are some of the topics Steve and Keith will cover next week....
—The Bowling Green Assembly Plant ran a rare “2 shift Saturday” last weekend
--C8 Z06 embargo on driving impression ended last week
--Corvette’s average sale price is almost 20% over MRSP
--The 1st customer ordered Z06 was built last week
--Is Ford benchmarking the C8 Z06?
--Road & Track magazine is now testing the C8 Z06
--Detroit News readers name the C8 Corvette “Best in Show” at Detroit Auto Show
--The new “Driven By Design” exhibit opens at the NCM
CORVETTE TODAY is the only current podcast on Corvette! And our News & Headlines show continues to be your best source of Corvette news in the industry.
Visit the CORVETTE TODAY website, listen to the show, watch the YouTube video, shop in the Merchandise Store, sign up for weekly emails and join the Facebook Group at:
www.CorvetteToday.com
2 of 3 < >

Z06 Auto-Media Testing Results & Impressions

This is our one thread: Thanks for putting all your posts within it: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...eviews-results
3 of 3 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

MY 2023 MacMulkin Stingray Gang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SeaAteCourgette View Post

Yeah, completely agree. Having seen RB in RL, I am not sure if AR would be a nice complimenting color. I feel like there might be some clash but it does look pretty good on the visualizer which is not true to RB. Would love to see one in person though. I do however believe that RB is designed for those who do not want to be subtle, it's a very loud color, so why not go all out with AR interior? 😂.
    Well, it's $700 extra for color override...is that a good enough reason? Apparently, GM doesn't really think it's a great color combination either!

Actually, I DO want to be subtle, but don't really like metallic colors. I don't want another black car due to the upkeep (looks great on the Corvette when it's clean and new...but doesn't show the contrast of the vents, etc), my last car was white, we have a red vehicle, so that pretty-much leaves me with Rapid Blue or Amplify Orange as choices. I don't think that the C8 looks particularly good in metallic paint. I think the equivalent of Porsche Python Green, or the Jeep color Stingray Grey would be great choices but nothing like that is offered.

Comment

• I have joined the group. Placed my deposit with MM on Aug 17. Plan to order a 2024 HTC with LT2 interior. This is my 70 th birthday present to myself even though my birthday was last May. I wanted to sell the Harley first then a few other things came up till now. MM estimates 12 to 14 months for delivery. I'm realistic about issues that can come up that may delay delivery and will cope. My big hope is that is is ready in 12 months before the Wisconsin weather turns bad. Lots to do before then. Need to sell the Mercedes 560sl and finish the restoration of the MGB. For now I enjoy the information on this forum and all the great information everyone passes on. Anyone else around 1175?

Comment

• Stingray list just updated and it was a really good one! I dropped 119 spots from 808 to 689. Total of 121 for the week counting the 2 I dropped on Monday. Nice work BGA team! Congrats to all of you on the MM list that received allocations! May your builds be quick!

Comment

• Nice surprise to be updated on a Thursday - today is the end of my first month on the MM list. Started on 8/22/22 at 1396 and as of 9/22/22 was 1187. Hoping for under 1,000 by 10/22/22 !

Comment

• Originally posted by Biackbenz View Post
            I have joined the group. Placed my deposit with MM on Aug 17. Plan to order a 2024 HTC with LT2 interior. This is my 70 th birthday present to myself even though my birthday was last May. I wanted to sell the Harley first then a few other things came up till now. MM estimates 12 to 14 months for delivery. I'm realistic about issues that can come up that may delay delivery and will cope. My big hope is that is is ready in 12 months before the Wisconsin weather turns bad. Lots to do before then. Need to sell the Mercedes 560sl and finish the restoration of the MGB. For now I enjoy the information on this forum and all the great information everyone passes on. Anyone else around 1175?
            Welcome to the group Biackbenz -

A 2024 HTC sounds like a great birthday present for sure! I hope your wait goes by quickly.

Frank

Comment

• Originally posted by nguzzo View Post
              Stingray list just updated and it was a really good one! I dropped 119 spots from 808 to 689. Total of 121 for the week counting the 2 I dropped on Monday. Nice work BGA team! Congrats to all of you on the MM list that received allocations! May your builds be quick!
              Thanks for the heads up. I dropped 101 spots to 235. I also received an updated "Confirm your build" email from MM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Biackbenz View Post
                I have joined the group. Placed my deposit with MM on Aug 17. Plan to order a 2024 HTC with LT2 interior. This is my 70 th birthday present to myself even though my birthday was last May. I wanted to sell the Harley first then a few other things came up till now. MM estimates 12 to 14 months for delivery. I'm realistic about issues that can come up that may delay delivery and will cope. My big hope is that is is ready in 12 months before the Wisconsin weather turns bad. Lots to do before then. Need to sell the Mercedes 560sl and finish the restoration of the MGB. For now I enjoy the information on this forum and all the great information everyone passes on. Anyone else around 1175?
                Yeah - I'm right there with you. Also planning on ordering a 2024. I'm at 1078 as of today.

Comment

• Yep, I was not expecting the drop until Monday. But nice surprise. Down 119 to 792. Almost half way there! 🎉

And welcome to all the new people on the list and congrats to all the old ones who are now enjoying their new rides. We'll be one of you soon.
                  2LT, Z51, Amplify Orange Tintcoat, GT2 Natural, Q9I, MRC, front lift, black tips, black spoiler.
                  Deposit placed with MM
                  5/16/22 - 1500
                  10/04/22 - 763

Comment

• It is great to see Bowling Green Assembly plant is producing around 190 Stingrays per day this week. You can find that information at the following location on the forum.
                    https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...rs?view=stream
                    Those numbers are going to help everyone get their allocations that much sooner. I took delivery of my C8 last Thursday, It was a great pleasant experience working with the MM sales team. They were processing 32 cars that had come in over 2 days. So If you order a car that has no LPO (Dealer installed options) you will be able to take delivery sooner since it does not have to spend as much time in the service area. But of course you want to order the car that you want & what is the big deal waiting another week after waiting a year. Of course you might have a different opinion while waiting that last week The car exceeds expectations that I had. This is the first new car I have bought in 36 years & worth the wait & the price.
                    I wish everyone the very best, I found reading & communicating on these forums to be very helpful in passing the time. With that I figure this is my last post.
                    9/10/21, 1438 - Started on list
                    5/5/22, 309 - Order in workbench 2023 2LT Coupe GS7, HTM, AH2, EYK, Z51 w/FE4
                    5/12/22, 294 - Ask if I would drop FE4 to place order, I said no.
                    7/11/22, 99
                    7/16/22, 99 (Wait List not updated) - Status 2000
                    7/20/22, no longer on Wait List - Status 3000

Comment

• Hoping that was NOT your last post--we need continued participation from C8 owners, if you have the time, to update us on how your Corvette is behaving and your experiences owning it.

In the meantime, enjoy your Stingray!
                      2023 Stingray

Live your best life now!

Comment

• I agree Congrats 1stVett on your new C8! The rest of us would like to hear how the next chapter is going!

Comment

• Nice mid week surprise, down to 1318. Thank you to the eager future owners who check the list multiple times a day for this awesome update.

Love this thread.​

Comment

• Update,
                            Last week my order status changed to 3400, I got a partial VIN, and my TPW is 9/26/22. Looking at the past week's production numbers, plus what the double shift produces today, I am most likely predicting a 9/30 build. You can bet I'll be checking the daily production numbers all next week.

nguzzo, how is your order progressing?
                            Arriving Oct 2022: 2023 Stingray HTC: 3LT, Red Mist, Natural Int, Body Color Accents, FE1, F End Lift, Low Profile Spoiler & F Splitter, NPP, CF Int, NCM Delivery.
                            Deposit with MM: 1390 10/8/2021
                            2000: Accepted by Chevrolet: 8/18/2022
                            3000: Accepted by Production Control: 8/23/2022
                            3300: Scheduled for Production: 9/8/2022
                            3400: Broadcast: 9/20/2022 TPW: 9/26/2022
                            3800 Built: 9/29/2022
                            NCM Delivery:

Comment

• Originally posted by C8vettepilot View Post
                              Update,
                              Last week my order status changed to 3400, I got a partial VIN, and my TPW is 9/26/22. Looking at the past week's production numbers, plus what the double shift produces today, I am most likely predicting a 9/30 build. You can bet I'll be checking the daily production numbers all next week.

nguzzo, how is your order progressing?
                              Congrats C8vettepilot! You are at the finish line! I am still on the waitlist at 689, over halfway from where I started at 1429 on 4/20/2022. Dropped 740 overall so not disappointed in the least! If anything I almost feel like I am ahead of schedule. I prefer to hopefully get my order in 1Q23 and then take delivery in early 2Q so that I can drive her home to AZ from BGA in the best chance for good weather. This coming weekend I will be in Dallas and stopping in at Corvette World to see if I can narrow down a color! More than you asked for but the excitement is still there for me and my family. Never could we have imagined getting a chance to own one of these beauties.

Comment

• Thanks for the update nguzzo. You're getting much closer. The months of waiting seem to melt away. You are right to narrow down your color. MM asked for my final build when I was in the 400s, so that will be happening soon. Good luck to you, and please keep me updated as you get ready to order your car!
                                Arriving Oct 2022: 2023 Stingray HTC: 3LT, Red Mist, Natural Int, Body Color Accents, FE1, F End Lift, Low Profile Spoiler & F Splitter, NPP, CF Int, NCM Delivery.
                                Deposit with MM: 1390 10/8/2021
                                2000: Accepted by Chevrolet: 8/18/2022
                                3000: Accepted by Production Control: 8/23/2022
                                3300: Scheduled for Production: 9/8/2022
                                3400: Broadcast: 9/20/2022 TPW: 9/26/2022
                                3800 Built: 9/29/2022
                                NCM Delivery:

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X