SF Bay Area dealer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SF Bay Area dealer

Anyone in the SF Bay Area has any good luck with local dealers on getting the new C8 at MSRP? I searched a few dealers and found 2 dealers each with one C8 in stock. But the price is not listed so I guess they are marking up the selling price.

Best of luck but candidly, California is the worst state to get a Corvette as MSRP. We do not know any in your state who is selling at MSRP, nor any that have any 2022 allocations.

WE hope you find that very rare, exceptional CA dealer .
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I think you’re right. I contacted Mike at Criswell Chevrolet. The wait time is over a year.

Comment

I looked at Boardwalk and Stevens Creek Chevrolet. The former said a year ago that they were sold out for at least 2 years, the latter never responded to my requests. I ended up putting down a deposit at MacMulkin and will have courtesy delivery through Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista once i finally move forward from 3000.

Comment

I bought my 2021 at Boardwalk and it was at MSRP when I picked it up in April 21. They even waived the $1000 price increase as I was at status 3000 when GM raised the price. It took 19 months to get the car though... And I hear they now charge a dealer markup and are now longer selling at MSRP.

They also never did courtesy deliveries which was a bummer. When I went through the ordering process, I seem to recall a dealer towards Southern CA that also sold for MSRP and their 2020s we're sold out in a few hours when they announced that they never sold above MSRP. There was a huge line outside of the dealership and it made the local news. They may still be selling at MSRP.

Comment

Guess the best bet is to go with those national big dealers and do courtesy delivery in CA.

Comment

Originally posted by jzwu View Post
              Guess the best bet is to go with those national big dealers and do courtesy delivery in CA.
              I visited dealers in Northern California and spoke with Ray at Boardwalk. Ray is no longer with Boardwalk, and I personally would not waste time with them.

I was on Ray’s list at Boardwalk, the list was lost? when Ray left.

I’m thankful that I got on the MM list when I did. The communication with MM has been stellar.

Comment

Originally posted by triggerhappylombax View Post
                I looked at Boardwalk and Stevens Creek Chevrolet. The former said a year ago that they were sold out for at least 2 years, the latter never responded to my requests. I ended up putting down a deposit at MacMulkin and will have courtesy delivery through Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista once i finally move forward from 3000.
                Nice - I'm in the same position having ordered from MacMulkin. I wanted to pick up the car in New Hampshire and drive back, but they convinced me the registration would be a pain. California won't let you register the vehicle until it's in the state of California, so I'd have to get it back to California before the temporary tags expire, which wasn't a race I wanted to sign up for. So I'm also taking delivery from Abel. Status 3000 for now ...

Comment

I remember I gave my email to a local dealer when the C8 first came out a few years ago but I never got a message from that dealer.

Courtesy delivery at any CA dealer would be fine with me. Mike at Criswell says he works with many CA dealers for courtesy delivery.

Comment

I put deposit 13 months ago with FHdaily and followed up every month but haven't heard anything yet. They told me MSRP, but I doubt that I will get it so I put in another deposit with MacMulkin in July. Hope to get it soon.

Comment

Originally posted by no12be View Post
                      I put deposit 13 months ago with FHdaily and followed up every month but haven't heard anything yet. They told me MSRP, but I doubt that I will get it so I put in another deposit with MacMulkin in July. Hope to get it soon.
                      Good luck there. You should check out my posts on that dealer group. My advice. AVOID at ALL costs. Feel free to search the internet a bit. You will find in short order other stories similar to mine.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...to-buy-a-vette
                      Ls2gto
                      Contributing Member
                      Last edited by Ls2gto; 01-24-2022, 02:50 PM.
                      '22 Z51 - ELB - 2LT - Mag Ride - Front Lift - some other things..

Comment

Originally posted by jzwu View Post
                        Anyone in the SF Bay Area has any good luck with local dealers on getting the new C8 at MSRP? I searched a few dealers and found 2 dealers each with one C8 in stock. But the price is not listed so I guess they are marking up the selling price.
                        The only ones I know of selling at MSRP have a year or more wait list. So best to go with the nationals. Either way I recommend calling Abel at Rio Vista for courtesy delivery or their current list.
                        '22 Z51 - ELB - 2LT - Mag Ride - Front Lift - some other things..

Comment

+1 to everyone here. Don't waste your time trying with any bay-area dealers.

you'll get on a list and never be contacted, or you'll be laughed at for wanting a car at msrp or you'll wait 2+ years. Choose one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ls2gto View Post

Good luck there. You should check out my posts on that dealer group. My advice. AVOID at ALL costs. Feel free to search the internet a bit. You will find in short order other stories similar to mine.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...to-buy-a-vette
                            When they have the first Corvette car show in their showroom in 2019, they told me that will sell at MRSP. When I contacted and put in a deposit, they told me that they don't know the price until my number called. I have a feeling that they won't sell a car at MSRP when my number is up, so I put in an order with MM as a backup plan.

Anyway, I just sent them an email to cancel an order, after reading your comments.

Do you know any company around Able that can do PPF and ceramic coating?

Comment

Originally posted by no12be View Post

When they have the first Corvette car show in their showroom in 2019, they told me that will sell at MRSP. When I contacted and put in a deposit, they told me that they don't know the price until my number called. I have a feeling that they won't sell a car at MSRP when my number is up, so I put in an order with MM as a backup plan.

Anyway, I just sent them an email to cancel an order, after reading your comments.

Do you know any company around Able that can do PPF and ceramic coating?
                              If you are in the Sacramento area then give Imperial Works a call. Great shop.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X