This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Missileer View Post
    Those of us on Mike’s list remain in a VERY good place….
    With maybe 25%-33% being Z06 (if like previous years) that would mean 145-190ish per year for Criswell. I was date stamped Nov 2020, so I'm hoping he doesn't have more than a 200-300 ahead of me and I'll get a 2024.

Comment

We hope you do!
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by ME71819 View Post

With maybe 25%-33% being Z06 (if like previous years) that would mean 145-190ish per year for Criswell. I was date stamped Nov 2020, so I'm hoping he doesn't have more than a 200-300 ahead of me and I'll get a 2024.
        April 2020 here

Comment

My question is, how did John L. Sullivan get 50 allocations. They weren’t on the top 100 list for 2020. Their sticker says 50k ADM, though I received a call from one of the sales guys saying “I know they will take 25k over”. On top of that they treat you like garbage, like they are doing you a favor. I’m shocked that 50 people bought from them and more shocked that they received that many allocations. So much for dealers charging over MSRP getting fewer allocations.

Comment

They went on the open market and paid over MSRP 50 different times to do so, buying them before they were initially titled. It is not that they got 50 GM allocations.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
              They went on the open market and paid over MSRP 50 different times to do so, buying them before they were initially titled. It is not that they got 50 GM allocations.
              Interesting. Thank you for clarifying.

Comment

This is what a dealer starting in 1997 did. In bad times when Corvettes were being heavily discounted by every dealer to sell them, he would buy them at a discount from MSRP but less that dealer who got the GM allocation would have had to sell them for had they directly sold them to their customer. Or he took such perennial GM losers as Aveo’s, e.g. “give me that Corvette at what you paid for it and I will take your two Aveo’s off your hands.”

Here’s two amazing facts to further this historical recounting.

When this person started this practice, this dealer was one of the tiniest Corvette dealers in the nation. But he kept at it; that dealership has never since sold a single Corvette, no matter how rare, how coveted for over MSRP, and they have publicly stated they are going to sell the Z06 at MSRP.

That dealership is now one of the very top ones in the country (a name we all know and highly respect). Again, always treating their customers flawlessly, honestly, and at MSRP or below.

They are is a MECF dealership. We bought a new Corvette from them. A flawless experience!

Comment

Interesting, John. I didn't know if allocations were always based upon the GM sale to the ordering dealer or sales to the first registered owner. It sounds like it is the latter.

Comment

Hmmmm, interesting......16/49 = 33%. That lines right up with a lot of other data we have seen.

Z06's will be about 1/3rd of total Corvette 2023 production.

Cheers, and see youse Major Dudes at Spring Mountain in March and / or Bowling Green in April !

Comment

Thanks again John. This forum is a wealth of knowledge. Much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                        One more piece of info that I found very relevant, thanks to CorvetteBlogger telling me that if you add up all the cars sold by the top 100 dealers during calendar year 2021, they were 29% of total C8’s . Wonder what percentage would have been if we had received the top 500.
                        Well, we know about 7% of total Corvette sales end up in Canada. The top three Canadian dealers share around 300 Corvettes in a normal MY. We also know that GM wants this to be a "world car" now. Could they send another 7% world wide?
                        Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                        2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                        Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
                        3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

Last model (2021) year the total that GM defined as being send world wide was 9.9% of the 26,626 units made. I believe that includes the 300 that went to Canada.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X