Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Site Maintenance

Site maintenance will take place at approximately 2022-01-17 10:15:00 Pacific Time and should only take a few minutes. The forum may be unavailable during this time.
See more
See less

Top 100 C8 Dealers For 2021

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 100 C8 Dealers For 2021

Thanks to CorvetteBlogger for this information (which comes from Chevrolet).

Click image for larger version

Name:	1200E425-1A93-48E0-9981-A1895EF2B5B0.jpg
Views:	2394
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	346352

Originally posted by CorvetteBlogger

Welcome Corvette fans and we appreciate you checking our annual list of the Top 100 Corvette Dealers as ranked by Chevrolet’s official sales numbers by dealership.

Our Top 100 Corvette Dealers List is a great way to find out who is selling the most Corvettes in your region, and with so many new customers turning to Chevrolet dealers for the first time, we hope it serves as a guide for those new buyers. We also hope it keeps the dealers honest when you ask them how many Corvettes were allocated to them over the last year.

Over the 2021 calendar year, Chevrolet dealers delivered a total of 33,041 new Corvettes to customers, and it was the highest calendar year production total since 2015. The Top 100 Corvette dealers were responsible for 39% of those sales (12,946) so while focusing on the Top 100 dealers shows us who is selling the most Corvettes by store, the vast majority of new Corvettes were delivered outside this list.

This year’s allocation system for the Corvette has been changed to an Average Daily Supply model (ADS) where dealers will supposedly be rewarded with more cars based on how fast they can sell them, and the thinking is that those dealers that sell at MSRP will turn inventories over faster than those with a Market Adjustment. Unfortunately, we don’t know who is selling at MSRP vs adjusted markups and many dealers who were previously at MSRP have indicated their policies may be changing with the Z06. So keep all that in mind when trying to determine what kind of allocation dealers will have in 2022.

CorvetteBlogger works with several of the top volume dealers in the country and highly recommend them when determining who to order your Corvette from. Unfortunately, the Z06 lists at the top dealers already span a number of years and so for those that still want one, you should probably look at the midsize to smaller dealers and you may even need to set yourself up on multiple lists and work with the dealer that comes back with an allocation first.

Finally, a little housekeeping before getting to the list. Yes, we know if you add up all the Bomnin or Hendrick stores together they would appear even higher on the list, but Chevy provides the numbers based on individual locations and that’s what we have here. Also, some dealers may have changed hands and therefore their totals may be divided between the old store and the new. We were able to figure that out with Ciocca/Kerbeck but others may have missed us.
    https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2022...alers-of-2021/

Name:	6FAE70EE-ED95-437E-9B51-360095AE714F.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	536.8 KB
ID:	346353

Name:	8AD9EB54-6F0F-451B-B876-EC15A5B12970.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	540.0 KB
ID:	346354 Click image for larger version

Name:	F59B14FF-F3A9-4F04-922C-DB99B27BF396.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	515.7 KB
ID:	346355 Click image for larger version

Name:	AD89EE83-5DF2-4AE0-888E-4D560AEE4ED3.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	346356

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

I see two of my local dealers on this list. I didn't order from either of them, one I wouldn't have ordered from. But I used a smaller dealer and got my car months before many others. Can't explain that other than maybe Chevrolet was trying spread the allocations around the country. Interesting stats non the less.

Comment

I heard from a "good guy" dealer that he estimated 80% of the top 100 are charging over MSRP.

Comment

Wow, only one dealer in the PNW (Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Montana) made the top 100 from a quick scan. Evergreen in Issaquah with 52 C8's. No wonder why they are like a unicorn up here, very rarely seen in the wild!

Comment

Add up all the Rick Hendrick stores on the list and the total is 1102.

Comment

TurtleTim It was interesting for me to see only one PNW dealership as well. I live in Idaho and have only seen 4 C8's in person but I'm sure there are plenty around that I haven't seen.

Comment

Originally posted by bigal8866 View Post
              Add up all the Rick Hendrick stores on the list and the total is 1102.

Like many dealer conglomerates, each Hendrick store is run by an independent management team, they have different pricing policies, and they are judged individually based upon sales performance for the purpose of allocations to each store by GM. The Hendrick parent company isn't deciding how many each of their stores get, GM is.

It's the same with Autonation, Bonmin and other conglomerates on the list. The parent company sets financial targets, but how, or whether, they get to those targets is up to local management.

The big conglomerates couldn't care less where they rank on the Corvette sales list. Corvette sales revenue is round-off error in a country where SUV and truck sales drive the profits.
              Last edited by Foosh; 01-13-2022, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Foosh View Post
                I heard from a "good guy" dealer that he estimated 80% of the top 100 are charging over MSRP.
                I know the top 3 don’t. Maybe that is one reason they sell more… they have long term relationships with their customers and instead of constantly finding new ones their list of customers grows.
                Coupe, 1LT, Rapid Blue, orange seat belts and black interior. ETA Late 2021.

First mods: tinted windows, orange DIY stitching, orange 12 o clock stripe on steering wheel, orange EL-wire in the cabin, orange engine cover, orange painted grille protectors and orange led light in engine bay✌️😎

Comment

Those of us on Mike’s list remain in a VERY good place….

Comment

The top 5 have been in one of those positions for at least a couple of decades now, but sometimes moving up or down a position. They got there because they adopted a strategy many years ago to sell at MSRP even when demand exceeded supply, and to keep ordering even when the equation flipped and supply exceeded demand because that is the only way to keep getting more allocations than anyone else.

Thus they profit at MSRP based upon big volume, and they can afford to discount more when supply exceeds demand and keep moving Corvettes. For example, the big 3 kept ordering every C7 they could get an allocation for at the end of the generation run because they all knew that would translate into the most C8 allocations. Other dealers slow orders down when supply exceeds demand.

As long as that strategy remains the same and the allocation system is based upon prior year Corvette sales, it is next to impossible for a lower ranking dealer to unseat any of them or for any of the top 5 to move further up the list. One of them would have to implement a major change in business strategy to allow that to happen, and it would probably take a number of years for that to happen.
                    Last edited by Foosh; 01-13-2022, 04:35 PM.

Comment

One more piece of info that I found very relevant, thanks to CorvetteBlogger telling me that if you add up all the cars sold by the top 100 dealers during calendar year 2021, they were 29% of total C8’s . Wonder what percentage would have been if we had received the top 500.
                      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

My dealer is one of the top 20, and they genuinely pride themselves on their integrity & ability to sell the C8 or Z06 @ MSRP. I am very happy with them!
                        07/01/20 Deposit @ VanBortels on 2021 C8 Coupe; 08/01/20 Prelim Order Status 1100; 01/21/21 Final Order Status 2000; 01/27/21 Status 3000; 03/06/21 Status 3300 (TPW 03/22/21); 03/16/21 Status 3400; 03/22/21 Status 3800; 03/23/21 Status 4B00; 03/26/21 Status 4D00: Status 4200; 04/02/21; 04/06/21 Status 5000; 2LT Coupe; GMO; DSZ; Q8Q; HTA; AQ9; E60; FE2; NPP; ERI

”I’m not the best in town, but I’m the best, until the best comes around“

Comment

Originally posted by Foosh View Post
                          In the beginning I had really thought the vast most majority of dealers where only charging MSRP. However, according to your comments above, I shouldn't be so surprised that many dealers were actually charging over MSRP. My dealer is a small-town dealer with a low amount of C8 allocations. I have to assume when they found out that many other dealers were getting over MSRP they decided to do the same so they decided to give back all their remaining C8 deposits.

However, I made the effort to personally talk to the owner and I told him what I had thought about their decision to do that, and I said that I wouldn't be buying a C8 for over MSRP. A month later I got a text from the owner asking me "... if I was still interested in ordering a C8 at MSRP I could come in an order one on his next allocation."

Marc

Comment

Originally posted by Marc NY View Post

In the beginning I had really thought the vast most majority of dealers where only charging MSRP. However, according to your comments above, I shouldn't be so surprised that many dealers were actually charging over MSRP. My dealer is a small-town dealer with a low amount of C8 allocations. I have to assume when they found out that many other dealers were getting over MSRP they decided to do the same so they decided to give back all their remaining C8 deposits.

However, I made the effort to personally talk to the owner and I told him what I had thought about their decision to do that, and I said that I wouldn't be buying a C8 for over MSRP. A month later I got a text from the owner asking me "... if I was still interested in ordering a C8 at MSRP I could come in an order one on his next allocation."
                            Good for you!!!
                            Coupe, 1LT, Rapid Blue, orange seat belts and black interior. ETA Late 2021.

First mods: tinted windows, orange DIY stitching, orange 12 o clock stripe on steering wheel, orange EL-wire in the cabin, orange engine cover, orange painted grille protectors and orange led light in engine bay✌️😎

Comment

I think my dealer got around 12 C8s this past year. Not bad for a dealer in a town of only a few thousand people.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X