Getting VIN Number?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting VIN Number?

Sorry in advance if this is a repeat of another thread somewhere, but where is the best place to learn my VIN (dealership? concierge? Shane?). I am currently at 3400 with a TPW of 1/17. My last email with Shane he told me VINs are typically available about a week before production. I am trying to avoid bugging Shane as much as possible since I'm sure he is dealing with enough so wondering if there is another source I should try first.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, your dealer is the person you should be communicating with now, but with the tornado and the re-do of 115 cars, the 1 1/2 days lost due to the snowstorm,, VIN’s might yet be a little further out for you.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Thanks John. My 1/17 TPW was as of last Thursday, so after the tornado, but before snow.

Comment

Originally posted by Dchumen View Post
        Thanks John. My 1/17 TPW was as of last Thursday, so after the tornado, but before snow.
        I have a 1/17 TPW and have my VIN, and I got my info last Thursday. Check with your dealer, I would think they should have it by now.

Comment

Thank you. I’ll reach out to dealer tomorrow and hopefully they will have it. Time gets slower the closer it gets

Comment

Thank you. I’ll reach out to dealer tomorrow and hopefully they will have it. Time gets slower the closer it gets
            Actually once I got my VIN things started happening FAST! Hang in there. You are soooo close.

Comment

Sorry in advance if this is a repeat of another thread somewhere, but where is the best place to learn my VIN (dealership? concierge? Shane?). I am currently at 3400 with a TPW of 1/17. My last email with Shane he told me VINs are typically available about a week before production. I am trying to avoid bugging Shane as much as possible since I'm sure he is dealing with enough so wondering if there is another source I should try first.

Thanks in advance.
              Interesting as my dealer (small) told me the last he heard was I was at 3000 back in mid November and he wouldn't have any more updates until my vehicle was built. Shane has provided me with a TPW twice, once before the tornado damage and after Xmas shutdown being 1/31, after production was operational again. Kind of frustrating when I hear the dealership gets all the updates "if" they check! As i changed my delivery to a courtesy delivery (in that window before 3000) because of the snow in Ohio, maybe he lost interest in my follow up? I just hope all goes smoothly when the vehicle is built and being shipped to my courtesy delivery down here to Stingray Chevrolet in Plant City, Florida. Tomg

Comment

There is a world of difference with " Customer Service " between dealers.......my dealer couldn't be bothered and so getting accurate and useful information was frustrating.......so I contacted Mary and within a day or so I got a phone call from a young lady from the "Executive Resolution Team " .....and she assured me that she had contacted Bowling Green and my dealer and that the car would be ready for me to take possession at 11 am on March 18th and it was......

If you are having a problem.....start at the top because stuff rolls downhill...all is well that ends well...
                bartruff
                Sr. Contributor
                Last edited by bartruff; 01-11-2022, 06:01 PM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                Working...
                X