Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are right. Got to add in R99 immediately.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Awesome specs!
      We look forward to your driving assessment report.. YouTube report? 😉
      Status 3300 HTC, (GPH) Red Mist Tintcoat Metallic, (EFY) Exterior Trim Accents, Body Color, (HTN) Natural, (AH2) GT2 seat, (TU7)Seats, Two Tone, (FA5) Carbon Fiber Interior, (Q8P) Silver painted wheels, Z51 package, (E60) Front Lift, (FE4) Magnetic Suspension, (STI) Rocker extension, (VQK) Splash guards, (ERI) Battery package,

Comment

Well Alright... Very nice John!!!

Comment

That is a great spec John.

Ordering Z07 would probably be the better investment. Expect that adding a cf wing, cf aero and carbon rotors to a Z06 would be expensive.

If you could tolerate the Z07’s sticky cup tires for a little while, note that the Eray’s all season tires in the same sizes are coming.

Comment

Originally posted by dmt3 View Post
            Awesome specs!
            We look forward to your driving assessment report.. YouTube report? 😉
            YT = Not my style. I did write two two pages thread of evaluation and description notes, one for each day of the C8 First Drive experience. I would do same.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by ZL-1 View Post
              That is a great spec John.

Ordering Z07 would probably be the better investment. Expect that adding a cf wing, cf aero and carbon rotors to a Z06 would be expensive.

If you could tolerate the Z07’s sticky cup tires for a little while, note that the Eray’s all season tires in the same sizes are coming.
              ZL1 you bring up several good points. Where to start? You are tight that a Z07 would in the long run be a better investment than my earlier plan, for a Z07 would sell immediately whereas a complete dolled up standard Z06 with every option could be a more difficult sell.

Thanks also for the reminder on tires options down the road for I would consider as Cup2R replacements the Michelin A/S 4’s (or 5’s if they are out by then). They would give me all but about one month of the year’s driving capability.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                That is a good idea. Thank you. I will explore it though my thoughts and fear is that they could well be constrained for a very long time however. As an example the front splitter for the C8 Z51 visible carbon fiber option is still only available as a complete package of parts. With the visual carbon fiber wheels being an exclusive item for GM, I doubt that even a single aftermarket company would have access to them for mega-months if ever.

Also having had two sets of wheels before especially for two vehicles, what a PIA for storage and changing them. But never say never.

Thanks again for that. I will seriously look into it, but here is one case where my order going in right at the beginning could be a major impediment in getting info, e.g., it going in around next March or April with an allocation to go in to BGA).

We shall see. Options are always good to further explore!
                If there were no availability of 'spare' carbon fiber wheels what would happen if someone needed a replacement? I think the idea proposed on 2 sets of wheels then becomes a real valuable idea.

Comment

Thanks also smitty. Could be that I will buy as my initial “insurance” the first set of forged Z06 OEM wheels that comes up for sale here — for exactly that reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Meldoon View Post
                    Mine same as yours except…..BLACK…..BLACK W/Red Stitching interior 👍😎. My God it’s Thanksgiving already!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!!!!
                    same spec as mine mate - at least we won't turn up at the same events together 🤣

Comment

*EPR: Engine paint package in Edge Red

Vs.

HTC: hard top convertible

Comment

If an when I got to a place such as a friend’s house or a cars-andcoffee and I wish to show them my HTC’s LT6, I would use my battery powered speed wrench (the size of a flashlight), to quickly remove the 18 fasteners holding down the heat shield in in about 2 to 3 minutes. Or maybe I would learn over time that I could safely remove half of the fasteners in advance at home, remove the second half when I arrive there.

That is why I would pay for an LT6 engine paint program not even yet announced, in the amount of up to $1k to have GM paint my HTC’s LT6 manifold Edge Red. And if GM does not offer something OEM, we know at least one super high quality MECF vendor who will offer a paint the LT6 manifold program.

Click image for larger version  Name:	8C63845E-7B1F-498D-8254-6B3CE4D3FBF5.jpg Views:	1 Size:	876.2 KB ID:	333479

Comment

There are numerous types of quick disconnect fasteners some of which do not require 'tools' to remove - I would be surprised if some owners and/or vendors do not come up with a good way of removing the HTC cover much more easily in the future.

Comment

John, you forgot to add another $3,000 for the optional tire/wheel protection warranty.

Comment

How about an alternative investment plan lol, in buying one extra visible carbon fiber front and one extra vis CF rear wheel — later selling the unused one(s) twenty years from now for $20K each for someone doing their NCRS restoration?

Comment

John With the way the C8 generation is commanding respect, the continuing above MSRP used C8 prices on both Z51 & non Z51’s and supply versus demand issues for just the C8, I doubt the Z06 or Z07 would have any difficulty selling.
                                07/01/20 Deposit @ VanBortels on 2021 C8 Coupe; 08/01/20 Prelim Order Status 1100; 01/21/21 Final Order Status 2000; 01/27/21 Status 3000; 03/06/21 Status 3300 (TPW 03/22/21); 03/16/21 Status 3400; 03/22/21 Status 3800; 03/23/21 Status 4B00; 03/26/21 Status 4D00: Status 4200; 04/02/21; 04/06/21 Status 5000; 2LT Coupe; GMO; DSZ; Q8Q; HTA; AQ9; E60; FE2; NPP; ERI

”I’m not the best in town, but I’m the best, until the best comes around“

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X