This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WRP SPD Z06’s Major Re-Build

Harlan Charles confirming news earlier this week that one can not get a standard Z06 with the visible carbon fiber wheels, that one must get a Z07 model to do get those beauties, has caused me to do a massive re-calc of our Z06’s specs, because just as I was when I was teenager when I saw at the town pool my first lovely blond young lady in a mini-bikini, I can not now get the visible carbon fiber wheels out of my mind. [Yes priorities do change over six decades lol — though still super happily married for 52 years…]

​​
    So with that jump shift to the Z07 version in order to get the vis CF wheels, here is today’s version # 2 of our C8 Z06.

I still need to confirm that driving a Z07 on a daily basis on average roads will be okay. My current bogey is that on moderate roads when in touring mode the Z07 is a softer ride than our current Z51 in track mode. Obviously the Z07 will have a stiffer ride than the standard Z06. However in talking with Vehicle Performance Manager Alex MacDonald, he said the difference between the two versions was not nearly as great as it was for the C7 Z06 standard versus the C7 Z06/Z07. I would love to be able to confirm this for myself for ride preference and comfort can be as subjective as color choice. Therefore, I hope I again get invited to the C8 “FirstDrive” program though for the Z06. If so, perhaps it would be about Feb or March and probably again be at Spring Mountain; I would drive the Z07 there and see whether it is too aggressively sprung for our style of long distance drives yet intermixed with our local heavy dose of spirited curvy, country, Corvette cornering. If the latter, bye-bye Z07 and visible carbon fiber wheels, and “hello” to the black spider OEM wheels — with all else the same.

To have the visible carbon fiber wheels, I just re-configured our Z06 to include the Z07 package. Here it is as current — though as all know that I am NOT a Cup2 R fan for our usage (massive understatement); once they are worn out and with a 2,525 drive home from NCM that could be about half of their life, they would be replaced with the PS4’s.

Darn you, you option code “ROZ culprits!”

Click image for larger version  Name:	2B7A025B-E020-4CE8-A3B7-0BB20522444A.jpg Views:	1 Size:	264.6 KB ID:	333309 Photo credit and thanks to Andi Hedrick of Motor Trend.

Further, as all do, there will be some at least minutes changes for us prior to ordering.

Option Codes (as known or probable):

Note please: In several cases I have made up the option code; it is based on similar option codes currently in existence on the Stingray. An asterisk (*) is used next to all such “created” new Z06 option codes.
    • Z07: Track performance package with standard CCB’s (“J57”), visible carbon fiber aero package (“CFV”), recalibrated 4.0 mag ride, and Cup2 R’s
    • FE7: Suspension performance package (Z07 only)
    • ROZ: Visible carbon fiber wheels
    • E60: Front end lift
    • HTC: Folding electric hard top convertible
    • GA7: Hypersonic Gray Metallic
    • 3LZ: Interior trim package
    • HTO: two tone blue leather interior
    • 3A9: Tension blue seat belts (might again be standard/included as part of “HTO”)
    • AH2: Napa leather GT2 bucket seats
    • EYT Flash exterior badge package
    • *BEZ Black Z06 exhaust tips (or perhaps this is a standard part of above EYT?)
    • 5JR: Outside mirror covers in visible carbon fiber (LPO)
    • RZ9: Visible CF front grille trim
    • LT6: 5.5L, FPC, DOHC
    • *EPR: Engine paint package in Edge Red
    • *RYZ: Visible CF side scoop “spear” (if available but not yet announced, e.g., the equivalent of the new-for-2022 LPO: “RYQ” Vis CF door intake trim)
    • *FA2: Vis CF interior carbon fiber pkg # 2
    • *BOT: Blackout, stealth interior trim
    • HTC: hard top convertible
    • D84: Carbon flash metallic black top and nacelles
    • R8C: Museum Delivery
    • *VQK: Custom Z06 splash guards (LPO)
    • ERI: Battery protection package
    • J6N: Edge Red Calipers
    • Miscellaneous

The estimated budget for this version is in the $143K range (based on a guesstimate base of $89,995 MSRP).
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

John, that is a super car spec!

Is RZ9 the same as SJ9 (Visible Carbon Fiber Grill)?

Just trying to save you some money!

Comment

Yes; thank you. I will now edit above thanks to you. Unfortunately while i listed it above twice, I only added it in dollar column once so that estimated total price stays the same. Darn.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

John, looks like one hell of a car! Curious, why the engine paint package in edge red if also a HTC?
        2LT Coupe, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue, GT2 seats, Edge Red Calipers and engine cover, Mag Ride, Front Lift, High Wing spoiler, R8C, American Hydrocarbon 5VM kit, museum delivery.

2000 status 5/1, 3000 on 5/4, 3300 on 8/4, 3400 on 8/11, #18 off the line on 8/23, delivered 9/10.

Well worth the wait, the car is amazing!

Comment

Looks like your going all out for this model. Can't wait to see what the grand sport specs will be 👍👍
          Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

Comment

Good catch. Because if it is offered OEM (or if not via one of our vendors), at times I will open up the roof, remove the heat shield so the engine can be seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Pb7148 View Post
              Looks like your going all out for this model. Can't wait to see what the grand sport specs will be 👍👍
              This could be sad but good be glad that the Z06 literally could be our last Corvette, so yes we are going all out.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                Good catch. Because if it is offered OEM (or if not via one of our vendors), at times I will open up the roof, remove the heat shield so the engine can be seen.
                Similar to how I occasionally (ok, daily) go out to my garage to look at my car, I don't think I could resist removing the heat shield on a regular basis just to see that beast under there!
                2LT Coupe, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue, GT2 seats, Edge Red Calipers and engine cover, Mag Ride, Front Lift, High Wing spoiler, R8C, American Hydrocarbon 5VM kit, museum delivery.

2000 status 5/1, 3000 on 5/4, 3300 on 8/4, 3400 on 8/11, #18 off the line on 8/23, delivered 9/10.

Well worth the wait, the car is amazing!

Comment

Very nice spec John. Can't wait to see it with your planned color choice. With the Z07 package, will you take her out and track it a few times to see what it can do?

Comment

First will be on the track (I hope) via the C8 Z06 FirstDrive program; then the Corvette owner’s school; last time both of those were at Spring Mountain. So those two times with someone else’s Z07. Then we shall see.

Comment

Sounds awesome, can't wait to see that beauty.

Comment

Mine same as yours except…..BLACK…..BLACK W/Red Stitching interior 👍😎. My God it’s Thanksgiving already!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!!!!
                        Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Hey John: Have you considered ordering your original spec with the spider forged wheels and then buy the CF wheels separately when they become available as accessory parts? You could then have 2 sets of wheels for A/S and PS4S or just sell the spiders when the CF wheels show up. Just a thought.

Comment

That is a good idea. Thank you. I will explore it though my thoughts and fear is that they could well be constrained for a very long time however. As an example the front splitter for the C8 Z51 visible carbon fiber option is still only available as a complete package of parts. With the visual carbon fiber wheels being an exclusive item for GM, I doubt that even a single aftermarket company would have access to them for mega-months if ever.

Also having had two sets of wheels before especially for two vehicles, what a PIA for storage and changing them. But never say never.

Thanks again for that. I will seriously look into it, but here is one case where my order going in right at the beginning could be a major impediment in getting info, e.g., it going in around next March or April with an allocation to go in to BGA).

We shall see. Options are always good to further explore!

Comment

Lot of options on that car. Seems to be missing option code R99 though.

R99 (Ragtop 99 to drive car from Museum to customer location)
                              2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X