Adnimation ATF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The C 8 wait

I am 5 months in waiting for my first corvette and sports car It’s a long wait I understand but it seams like forever
    ​​​​​​
    How is everyone dealing with this It can’t be just me

The time will go by, don't wish it away. I placed a deposit in July of 19 and got my car 360 days later, a bunch have had longer waits. Just don't read too much into the sky is falling threads on some forums. GM hasn't had to replace 50,000+ DCT transmissions, so they don't all fail. Mine has been a fantastic car and I look forward to driving it every chance I get. It is well worth the wait.

Comment

My deposit with Mike Furman was placed on May 27, 2021. Mike uses a date-stamped folder method and won't tell you where you are on it, which is fine with me. With all the drop-offs from the list, it would be too hectic for him to track everyone. He projected a 10 month wait for an allocation, then another 6-8 weeks for the build. But I have a feeling it's gonna drag out a few months beyond that. That is OK with me as well, as I plan to pay cash and will need that time to accrue the funds. No hurry, no worry.

Comment

I also have my order with Mike Furman he said 11 to 12 months plus 6 to 8 weeks It does allow time to get things in order and can wait. Just seams like a long way to go before we will get our cars. Everyone says it’s worth the wait.
        Thank You to everyone on this forum the best of the best

Comment

Originally posted by ALPO View Post
          How is everyone dealing with this It can’t be just me
          I was fortunate to have my 2014 C7 while waiting. It was the trade-in for the C8. My timing was very close to Phil1098 in post #2. The tough part was whether we should wait for it and not do our annual 2 month sojourn to our camp in the ADKs or head out and hope for the best. We did the latter and found out we got to production code 3400 after about a month there and decided to return home. Car arrived shortly after.

Just go about your normal business, keep track of developments and go for a coupla mile run every day to lower the anxiety of waiting.

Comment

I just decided this past summer to order a C8. I used the small/medium size dealer strategy. Called a half dozen dealers at the very end of July. Got a call from one of them 3 months later advising me that he had an allocation and I was up. I quickly placed an order 2 weeks ago. Today I am at 3000 with a TPW of 1/3/22. So if it's delivered mid January that will be a total of 5 1/2 months from the day I made the call.

Comment

That's great! Tomg

Comment

I am also on the Criswell wait list. My deposit was accepted 12/31/20. Next month will be my 12th month and hoping my order is going to GM. They also explained last year my wait would be 10-12 months for allocation and 6 to 8 weeks build so here we are. From my experience the first 9 months flew by. However with the anticipation the time is getting close, month's 10 and 11 has been tough thinking that notice could come with the next allocation.. UGH so far I am hearing crickets. Hopefully that changes next month.
                Good luck with your build and here is to all of us waiting that call

Comment

Originally posted by Don C1 View Post
                  Next month will be my 12th month and hoping my order is going to GM. They also explained last year my wait would be 10-12 months for allocation and 6 to 8 weeks build so here we are.
                  Sounds like your due. So far its not off their initial estimate. Gotta be tough to make such an estimate.

Comment

I placed my deposit in January of 2020. Then Covid hit and the plant shut down. Then supply shortages hit and the plant shut down. Then the start of the 2021 MY was delayed so BGA could build more 2020s. I finally took delivery at the end of May, 2021. Almost 18 months. It is what it is. The worst part was the time between my order being matched to an allocation and accept by GM, and delivery. Waiting with bated breath in hopes there wouldn't be another shutdown.

All I can say is, as others will tell you, it's worth the wait.
                    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

the wait is out of our control.. just have to hang in there, it will come. Meantime, check out the websites for accessories to put on your baby when it arrives..

Comment

Started a C8 thread on Team Shelby back in 2018. Everyday we would post new information about the then unicorn mid engine corvette. It made the wait so much easier. Then March 13 2020 and my wait was over. Yes no more unicorn jokes and she was finally in my garage. Now I’m on another Z06 wait list at Ciocca. But this time there are no unicorn jokes from the peanut gallery. Haha. Don’t wish time away and enjoy what you have at the moment .

The biggest help in the wait process is this forum. After joining this forum back in 2018 I’ve been able to enjoy my wait a lot more. Thanks to people like John it’s now one of the best forums out there. Kind and considerate adult people coming together to discuss all things C8.
                        Last edited by MikeC8; 11-21-2021, 09:56 AM.
                        2020 Blade Silver 2LT Z51 front lift ,mag ride ,black trident wheels and carbon fiber dash

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post

Sounds like your due. So far its not off their initial estimate. Gotta be tough to make such an estimate.
                          It's all good, actually it took me 9 months to finalize a build. I'm sure many here had the same issues I had as far as what options to pick. I must have +/- 20 build sheets. The hardest one in all honesty was exterior color. My 07 was Monterey Red my 16 Arctic White. I was really hoping for a metallic white for 22 but that did not happen so my final is ELB . Criswell ordered my C7 it took 8 weeks and I thought that was a lifetime, wow how times have changed. Keeping my fingers crossed for no east coast blizzards in Feb or Mar

Comment

At the end of the month it will be 13 months for me. Still waiting for an allocation, but my dealer is treating me right so I knew going in that my allocation would be in flux so to speak. I'm hoping that my dealer will start receiving more allocations, as they have been lower than expected. That's the sign of the times though, with allocations being lower than expected for every model in the line up.

For me personally, the C 8 wait for an allocation is the hardest part. Once I have one, then I know that,
                            A, I will eventually get a car even if it takes awhile to get built.
                            B, Hopefully I won't get bumped to the following model year and the expected price increases that come with it.
                            Last edited by MGfoursixeight; 11-21-2021, 11:50 AM.

Comment

That what I think once you get your allocation. That’s when you know you hit the grand slam home run

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X