NOW if getting a Z06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOW if getting a Z06

You must now be or immediately become on a dealer’s Z06 list (of course one that is credible, honest and has allocation) IF you are not already on one.

Click image for larger version  Name:	D28791AC-ABA3-4381-B73D-95A946863D75.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	447.5 KB ID:	311110

While I have posted this one before it was never more true than right now, that if you have any hopes or dreams of getting a Z06 before the 2026 model year, you need to be on dealer’s list right now or within days.

Why?

I talked with two of the principals at two of the top three dealers dealer at a comparable time before the C8’s reveal, asking them then about the size of their existing C8 Stingray customer purchasing lists. They each shared that number of individuals on their Stingray lists and what surprised me was that the next sentence spontaneously volunteered by both was nearly identical when they added, “this list is going to double in size in the 4-6 weeks after 7.18.19.” [BTW when I called them four weeks after the reveal to ask our their then-current numbers; both replied with their new number, one that now more than doubled in number from our same conversation six weeks before 7.18.19.

Yes as long as the Z06 lists are at those two dealers today, they could double again in length by December 7th (six weeks after the Z’s reveal).

Forewarned is to be prepared if you already are not!
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Not that I doubt the popularity of the C8 or # of people who want to own one, this seems like dealer manipulation of the market seeing the high demand. Higher the demand, less incentive they have to sell you a Z06 at MSRP.
    I personally spoke to few dealerships and they cite the length of the wait list, they never share who is on that list. So there is no way for a normal customer to validate dealer's "wait list number" . I have also seen folks drop out of the list as the time goes by, hype goes down and then dealers use that car to sell at 10k markups.
    I waited 12 months for my C8 HTC 2020, very happy that I drive it, but not playing that game anymore. When GM starts producing the car for us mortals, who can buy it normally, they can have my money
    First time Corvette owner, Mantis Green C8 HTC, and yeah with vertical doors 😊

Comment

In 2020 just over 21,000 C8’s were made; in 2021 over 26,000 were made. This is week 15 that BGA has continued to build C8’s. Not once that it was shut down this year was because it was a BGA production problem, but instead it was always a supplier constraint.

GM is continuing to ramp up production with their 2022 goal in excess of 30,000 units. They probably have a higher goal for 2023 and as we know that includes the Z06.

As to dealers not sharing their customer names on their lists, that is standard ethics, standard practice for the entire OEM car industry and for other industries too.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Matter of fact... need to follow up with Mike Furman to triple make sure I am on his list. Jumped on his list a long time ago and still get the emails so keeping the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
          In 2020 just over 21,000 C8’s were made; in 2021 over 26,000 were made. This is week 15 that BGA has continued to build C8’s. Not once that it was shut down this year was because it was a BGA production problem, but instead it was always a supplier constraint.

GM is continuing to ramp up production with their 2022 goal in excess of 30,000 units. They probably have a higher goal for 2023 and as we know that includes the Z06.

As to dealers not sharing their customer names on their lists, that is standard ethics, standard practice for the entire OEM car industry and for other industries too.
          I'd be upset if my dealer were sharing exactly who is on their list. I don't understand what purpose that would even serve, "the list has X amount of people on it and we typically get X allocation so expect a wait of X months or more" is all the information they should give.
          2LT Coupe, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue, GT2 seats, Edge Red Calipers and engine cover, Mag Ride, Front Lift, High Wing spoiler, R8C, American Hydrocarbon 5VM kit, museum delivery.

2000 status 5/1, 3000 on 5/4, 3300 on 8/4, 3400 on 8/11, #18 off the line on 8/23, delivered 9/10.

Well worth the wait, the car is amazing!

Comment

Jumped on Mike's list 03-12-20 hopefully this should bear fruit of early allotment
            Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

Comment

I don't agree with Furman's policy of not revealing the position to the person who sends in a deposit.

Comment

Then you get to choose to go elsewhere. Every dealer gets to set their own policies and we as customers get to choose thereafter. I chose Mike for my C8. I choose Mike for my Z06 and I choose Mike for my E-Ray.

There are many reasons why Mike is # 1 in the history of GM in terms of selling Corvettes with over 5,100. There is a reason that approx 75% of Mike’s customers are either repeat customers or a friend of those who have bought from Mike previously. He is the only one who has the same Corvette passion as we do. His current Corvette is his # 22. He goes to Corvette cars shows, in his personally purchased/paid for C8, as an individual (many times having nothing to do with Criswell) because he loves them.

Comment

Is anyone considering that the 'cancellation' rate started out at around 20-25% at the beginning of C8 allocations and is up to 40% now at some of the larger dealers??? If you're serious about getting one at 'sticker', get on the list now. You may actually get one sooner than you think.

I'm a 'wait and see' guy now that we've had our HTC for a year. Z06 or e-Ray..... I'm not sure. Worse case, I may have to pay a modest premium to get one. The real down side is that it won't be my spec if I do that....
                  2020 HTC Torch Red with lots of goodies. Built in September. Museum Delivered in October......

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur

Comment

Are you referring to the big 3?

Comment

Originally posted by 10secondCar View Post
                      Not that I doubt the popularity of the C8 or # of people who want to own one, this seems like dealer manipulation of the market seeing the high demand. Higher the demand, less incentive they have to sell you a Z06 at MSRP.
                      I personally spoke to few dealerships and they cite the length of the wait list, they never share who is on that list. So there is no way for a normal customer to validate dealer's "wait list number" . I have also seen folks drop out of the list as the time goes by, hype goes down and then dealers use that car to sell at 10k markups.
                      I waited 12 months for my C8 HTC 2020, very happy that I drive it, but not playing that game anymore. When GM starts producing the car for us mortals, who can buy it normally, they can have my money
                      While I'm sure there's truth in what you say for some dealers, the top 3 that John refers to had all committed to selling at MSRP, and continue to sell at MSRP. So any manipulation won't affect their bottom line, so they really have no incentive to make things up. One of those dealers has a website where you can see the number of orders waiting. (Not names, but orders.)
                      Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by cor66vette View Post
                        I don't agree with Furman's policy of not revealing the position to the person who sends in a deposit.
                        Mike might be happy to let you go through his deal folders and email each of the hundreds of people on the list with their number, and update it every time someone takes delivery or drops off the list. Drop in and visit MIke on a weekday, and see how much time he's spending on the phone and email answering questions and taking deposits, scheduling deliveries, etc. Or drop by on a Saturday, and see how much time he spends with each of his customers during delivery. Then you might understand why he's not doing it.

Mike does business the way he does business, with a personal touch lacking most places these days. As John said, you have other choices if Mike doesn't do things the way you like.
                        Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Comment

Originally posted by tooold2race View Post
                          Is anyone considering that the 'cancellation' rate started out at around 20-25% at the beginning of C8 allocations and is up to 40% now at some of the larger dealers??? If you're serious about getting one at 'sticker', get on the list now. You may actually get one sooner than you think.

I'm a 'wait and see' guy now that we've had our HTC for a year. Z06 or e-Ray..... I'm not sure. Worse case, I may have to pay a modest premium to get one. The real down side is that it won't be my spec if I do that....
                          True, but the big dealers take that into account when estimating how long you'll have to wait, I believe.

Comment

I fully agree with your comments, from privacy perspective, they should not reveal the names on the wait list. My question was more on what independent oversight does this list have so that dealers don't manipulate the list to favor some over others etc.
                            For big reputed dealers, I have full faith but there is large majority who don't play with same rules. I have seen evidence of such in few instances. Certainly not an exclusive problem with GM dealerships, its spread across many car companies.
                            First time Corvette owner, Mantis Green C8 HTC, and yeah with vertical doors 😊

Comment

What you have is decades of integrity among our forum dealers. All seven of MECF dealerships do not manipulate their lists.. End of discussion. We at MECF have turned down vendor applications, and removed one when their products were not up to standard.

Let me tell you of a famous Florida dealer who once was # 6 among all Corvette dealerships. This was roughly 15 years go when they told a person that “if you place a $5,000 deposit, you will be be # 5 on our Z06 list.” And so that person did. Then a few weeks later someone posted on a forum in effect at that time, “guess what, I am # 5 on the Z06 list at X Y dealership.” This started a firestorm of others posting the identical thing — and soon many learned that they had been identically duped by paying $5,000 deposit for the same # 5 Z06 slot.

That dealer who was not ethical (UNDERSTATEMENT) had been outed. Do you know where that dealer now ranks?

It is below # 75. They dropped in people buying Corvettes from them because in this internet age what a dealer does is quickly shared widely.

In our current world we all have to do due diligence, and then research even more. That applies to big dealers and small dealers, that there are honest ones with full integrity at all size levels. In fact the reason I got into this myself is that my local dealer where I lived four decades ago repeatedly lied to me over a three year period. When I caught them a second time once the allocations out but were being manipulated by them, I not only walked away (got my deposit back) but started to compile information to help others learn how things properly work and who are the good guys.

BTW I then turned to Kerbeck as it was then called (now Ciocca) and had an outstanding purchase experience from them. And then another one from them — both from Dave Salvatore, then a superb experience from MacMulkin, and more recently an outstanding purchasing experience from Mike [email protected]

Our seven forum dealerships are the good guys/gals.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X