Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Kai Spande BGA Manager

On this episode of CORVETTE TODAY, you get to meet the Corvette Plant Manager for the Bowling Green Assembly Plant, Kai Spande!
Your host, Steve Garrett, introduces you to Kai as he traces his career with GM. Kai talks about how the Bowling Green Assembly Plant transitioned from the front engine, C7 Corvette, to the mid-engine C8 Corvette. You'll get insights on the plant expansion and how they made that all happen...giving the new C8 Corvette a true state-of-the-art build facility. Kai also tells you about the Corvettes he has owned and the funny story of how he loved Corvettes, but never thought he'd get to work for it during his tenure at GM. Get to personally know Corvette Plant Manager, Kai Spande, on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCRn-2X0SjjEXUt_...
Get CORVETTE TODAY emails: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
NEW!!! Get CORVETTE TODAY merchandise here: https://www.agpestores.com//lanmarxgraphix/grouppr...
See more
See less

Called the Concierge about my order(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Called the Concierge about my order(s)

So this is interesting - I reached out to the Concierge about my 2021 order that has drug on forever with a smaller dealer - placed in November 2019 - and it is at 3000, just as it was mid last month. The surprise was that my Plan B order placed at the end of February 2021 is now at 3400! It was to be built this week until the plant shut down, so will likely be build next week.
    The first horse wins the race and I am extremely stoked! Still, I can only drive one C8 at a time so one of the ELB 2LT Sky Cool Grey coups will need to go. I'm astounded at how this ordering process has worked/failed to work.

I've been at 3000 for over 2 months now.... Were both your orders identical?
    3000 - 3/1/2021. 3400 - 5/24/2021. Built 6/14/21. Still awaiting delivery.
    3LT Red Mist HTC. Jet Black Interior w/Red stitching and Carbon Fiber Interior Trim. Carbon Flash Roof, Nacelles and Mirrors
    Front Lift. Spectra Gray Trident Wheels w/Edge Red Calipers. Chrome Exterior Badge Package. Midnight Silver with CF accent fender hash marks.
    Adding AGM Carbon Fiber 5VM package, High Wing Spoiler, Rear Diffuser, mirror caps, and front grill inserts.

Comment

Originally posted by Imalabil View Post
      The surprise was that my Plan B order placed at the end of February 2021 is now at 3400! It was to be built this week until the plant shut down, so will likely be build next week.
      From "pick up" to 3400 in two and a half months is longer than I spent. How long was the wait on the dealer list?
      Last edited by Boomer; 05-11-2021, 08:49 PM.

Comment

So this is interesting - I reached out to the Concierge about my 2021 order that has drug on forever with a smaller dealer - placed in November 2019 - and it is at 3000, just as it was mid last month. The surprise was that my Plan B order placed at the end of February 2021 is now at 3400! It was to be built this week until the plant shut down, so will likely be build next week.
        The first horse wins the race and I am extremely stoked! Still, I can only drive one C8 at a time so one of the ELB 2LT Sky Cool Grey coups will need to go. I'm astounded at how this ordering process has worked/failed to work.
        I've Kicked myself several times for not doing the same, I'd be driving one now had I did so .... but Live-n-Learn
        [Current Corvette 1999 C5 Z51 Magnetic Red Coupe]

Comment

I have found that the Concierge folks tend to behind the power curve. I recommend that you get with your dealer and have order manager check what is called Global Connect instead of the Concierge folks. The Global Connect is dead accurate as to the status of an order. I mention in a previous post that I Called the Concierge line to see just how accurate they are as I was actually sitting in my C8 at the dealer and they stated it was still at the factory in Bay status awaiting quality checks. Be patient it will show up.

Comment

Originally posted by George D. View Post
            I have found that the Concierge folks tend to behind the power curve. I Called the Concierge line to see just how accurate they are as I was actually sitting in my C8 at the dealer and they stated it was still at the factory in Bay status awaiting quality checks.
            Found Concierge very helpful with production status. Thats all I expected from them. They don't have info after the car is built. Surprised they told you it was still at BG while you were sitting in it at your dealer. What did they tell you the production code was then?

Calling Concierge for my production status while picking up my new C8 at the dealer makes no sense and is the last thing I would be doing. Busy going thru the purchase process then.
            Last edited by Boomer; 05-11-2021, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Just curious..... why didn't 'imalabil' cancel the first order when the other one was was matched to an allocation at the big dealer???
              2020 HTC Torch Red with lots of goodies. Built in September. Museum Delivered in October......

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur

Comment

Curious...what happens to "Plan A" order?
                Did you lose any deposit money with that dealer?
                What does that dealer do with that C8?
                Does it become a dealer lot sale (probably at a markup)?
                Is this how some C8's end up in deal showrooms?

Or are you buying/keeping both orders and selling one?

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post

Found Concierge very helpful with production status. Thats all I expected from them. They don't have info after the car is built. Surprised they told you it was still at BG while you were sitting in it at your dealer. What did they tell you the production code was then?

Calling Concierge for my production status while picking up my new C8 at the dealer makes no sense and is the last thing I would be doing. Busy going thru the purchase process then.
                  I cant remember but it went from 3400 to Bay status quick and just showed up at the dealer to every ones surprise.

Comment

GM took my 2020 coup back after I filed a Lemon law complaint. I have lots of pictures and video's but just cant seem to upload them. GM was very good to me after that and replaced it with a 2021 HTC. ordered it the end of December and came in in February. VIN 0062

Comment

George, here you go on picture posting.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...s-in-your-post

So glad that GM took care of your with your 23021 HTC.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Some answers,
                        • Both cars identical.
                        • Dealer B confirmed what the Concierge told me. Surprised and disappointed he didn't contact me, that is what I expected and what he said he would do, so I didn't know he had allocation. I'm not sure where I was exactly on his allocation list. You get so used to timing getting pushed to the right with these cars that you start to expect it as normal behavior.
                        • Dealer A order is still active - I just learned this all today. Dealer A has no car yet - order still at 3000.
                        • Considering continuing with Dealer A order and selling the car when it arrive

Bottom line is my car is coming.

Comment

Considering continuing with Dealer A order and selling the car when it arrive

Bottom line is my car is coming.
                          That's probably a good option--and you likely will make a nice profit that will offset the "keeper" car cost.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X