Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Harlan Charles answers YOUR forum questions about Corvette on the CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Corvette Product Manager, Harlan Charles returns to tCORVETTE TODAY! Your host, Steve Garrett, polled forum readers. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...orvette-er100d
You'll find out interesting answers to questions like:
1. What are cold weather driving limitations for the C8 Corvette, if any?
2. Will 2021 C8 Corvette owners receive a "thank you" Corvette model gift too?
3. What are the differences between a Z51 and non-Z51 Corvette for street use.
4. How does the Corvette Team go about selecting colors for new Corvettes?
5. What was Harlan's favorite item that didn't make it to the C8?
2 of 4 < >

Last Chance: Enter And Vote February Photo Of The Month Contest

Tomorrow (Sunday) night at 9:00 PST the entering/voting closes on the February POTM contest. Thank you. https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-theme-yum-yum
3 of 4 < >

Harlan Answers Forum Questions @ 12:00:01 AM Monday On Corvette Today Podcast

Harlan Charles answers forum questions Monday @ 12:00:01 AM on Corvette Nation Podcast. Here’s the submitted questions: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-today-podcast
See more
See less

1LT No Sale @ $85K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1LT No Sale @ $85K

Did not meet the reserve at the Florida auction today. Car had 220 miles. Thanks to our roving reporter Keith Cornett/CorvetteBlogger.

Click image for larger version

Name:	40B75B0C-6914-4DE6-A5E2-E29C32C779C6.jpeg
Views:	4281
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	243095

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Good news for those of us hoping to upgrade at some point......I guess.
    Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

25 grand over msrp and the preowned vehicle didnt sell is news? ...

sounds normal to me.

thanks for sharing.

Comment

And many have resold for more, what’s the point.
        3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

Comment

Market has come down since I sold my Torch Red 1LT with NPP/ bright red Calipers, 192 miles (MSRP $61,800) On Ebay August 8, 2020 for $89,900. And that was to a Chevrolet dealer that had to transport the car from Florida to California, NEVER ASKED WHY?? Expecting delivery of My 3LT Red Mist/ Natural Dipped convertible in about 6 weeks. At 3300. So, I have 1 LT coupe money invested in my 3 LT Convertible. Going without for the past 6 months paid off and I'll have a 2021 with the red mist. First at Dealer for a ZO6. Probably will order same color combo as my 3 LT,

Comment

The 'free market' system is working just fine.... If you want something bad enough and are willing to pay for it, you can have it. Win-win for everybody involved. I don't see any problem at all.
            2020 HTC Torch Red with lots of goodies. Built in September. Museum Delivered in October......

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur

Comment

I think supply is starting to catch up with demand and there are a lot of used C8s on the market based on online searches. So the need to pay "way over" MSRP is going away.

Comment

What was the highest bid?
                Waiting @1375 with Kerbeck: 2021/22 Corvette 2LT coupe -Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic, Adrenalin red - front lift - chrome badging

Comment

It's a 1LT and it's that color. There's your explanation.

The perceived value of a used C8 drops with time and this is no exception.

Day one, you can get a lot for any spec.
                  Day 60, you can get less than that and the runt of the litter ie, low spec, undesirable color, will sit longer.
                  Day 360, buyers aren't as desperate to be first with a C8 because there's 10s of thousands out there. Price drops closer to MSRP.

And the runt of the litter gets passed over.

I know that opinions vary but a 1LT is lacking compared to a 2 or 3LT. If you are scoring one at $59,995, then it can be justified but not at 3LT pricing.

And Smurf Blue. It's very polarizing with little to no middle ground.

When I first saw one I instantly hated it. When I showed a friend he instantly loved it.

There is no right or wrong but there are statistics. If you want to unload your C8 it is more desirable to more people if it's a popular color. A chart posted on here suggests that is red or black. Not very imaginative but not offensive to the eye of most of your potential buyers. So they sell fast.

Chevy knows this and charges a "tacky" fee if you select a hideous color combo on your spec sheet. They know if you back out that car's not selling. Complain about my choice of wording all you want but Chevy has quantified it in writing, albeit in more gentle terms, and therefore it is what it is.

By late summer 2021 I wager used C8 pricing will get little to no markup.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X