Trade in advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade in advice

I have a 2010 Camaro 2ss with 8800 miles that I bought brand new.I would like to trade it ,but I think my dealer low balled me.It does have some mods headers exhaust, but the car is brand new.The car sites say its worth 19500 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2819.jpeg
Views:	699
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	240683 trade in value I would like to get at least 20000 for it. the dealer offered 18000,am I out of line?

have you checked with carvana, carmax, kbb true value?

I will be in a similar boat when mine is finally ready. 2011 2SS manual with 40k on it.

Comment

You could meet in the middle at $19k...or hold out for the 20k which isn't out of line.

Unfortunately the mods don't matter to them and doesn't help the resale. Good luck with the trade in.

Comment

Originally posted by tsigwing View Post
        have you checked with carvana, carmax, kbb true value?

I will be in a similar boat when mine is finally ready. 2011 2SS manual with 40k on it.
        What I was going to say. Most of the online car sales services will also buy used cars. Somewhere on the forum I think there's a thread that mentions the above and a number of others, but I can't find it at the moment. Ordinarily I'd try to sell my car privately, but dealing with test drives in the midst of the pandemic doesn't seem like the best idea.

Vroom is another service. Cargurus, Edmonds, Cars.com and AutoNation are others.

I play to get quotes from all of the above, and unless they're all really low ball, tell all of them what the best offer is and see if anyone will beat that, then sell to the highest offer.
        Last edited by meyerweb; 02-13-2021, 08:00 AM.
        Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3000: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Sell it on the open market yourself. A low mile clean 'Maro should draw a premium price. Spring is the optimum time to sell it. The only thing... you'll need something else to drive while waiting for your C8.

Comment

Originally posted by undy View Post
            Sell it on the open market yourself. A low mile clean 'Maro should draw a premium price. Spring is the optimum time to sell it. The only thing... you'll need something else to drive while waiting for your C8.
            I might go that route, my car is supposed to be coming in May so the timing is perfect.Its just the difference in sales tax with the trade in.If I can get close with the trade in I would rather not deal with the public.To be honest I would have hard time letting someone test drive it,

Comment

And maybe if I offer them some of my signs with the car I might get a little moreLOL

Comment

Originally posted by Nasty2ss View Post

I might go that route, my car is supposed to be coming in May so the timing is perfect.Its just the difference in sales tax with the trade in.
                To that point, has anyone worked with MM on a trade-in in conjunction with their C8 purchase? While there would seemingly be easier options for those traveling a distance to MM, the sales tax credit can be several thousand dollars on higher value trade-ins. Unfortunately, not a lot of negotiating leverage in that circumstance presumably. Anyone been through it with them?

Comment

I would list it on Cars.com. I have had good luck here and most purchase sight unseen.

Comment

To help fund my C8, I had a 2017 Camaro SS, only a few mods (upgraded brakes, CAI) and sold it using a service called SwapMotors. Basically, they list it for free on the big car sales websites and serve as an intermediary to do all the paperwork and work with process with buyer/seller. They'll photograph the car, list it, etc. I've sold two cars that way and got top dollar... way more than at a dealership. Same as what you'd get through a private sale, but with the benefit of not having to do all the paperwork yourself. Pretty sure they're subsidized by the big car sites. I'd definitely use them again. So easy.
                    TPW Nov 15 2020, CMG 3LT, Z51, Mag ride, Front Lift, Edge Red calipers and engine cover, red interior w/ 2-tone black/red GT2 seats, transparent roof, engine appearance pkg, carbon flash 5 spoke wheels.

Comment

I sold my 2013 Grand Sport to "givemethevin.com" and was ok with it. Keep in mind, this time of the year is a bad time to sell a sporty type of car. You also have to keep in mind what ever the trade is will be taken off the top of the sell price so you won't have to pay taxes on that amount. Selling it out right you will have to pay taxes on the full amount.

Comment

Originally posted by mjurey View Post
                        You also have to keep in mind what ever the trade is will be taken off the top of the sell price so you won't have to pay taxes on that amount. Selling it out right you will have to pay taxes on the full amount.
                        That depends on the state. Some states charge tax on the full price regardless of trade in.
                        Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3000: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

That depends on the state. Some states charge tax on the full price regardless of trade in.
                          Yes sir! There are quite a few spots where this is the case, there are even states that charge tax on full MSRP regardless of if you get a rebate or not!

Comment

Its just the difference in sales tax with the trade in.
                            And dealers know that, which is another reason they get away with low trade offers...

Presumably you have already negotiated the C8 purchase price with the dealer, MSRP or otherwise. They have little incentive to offer you any premium for the trade in, and low wholesale is about all you can expect unless it is a car they particularly want in their inventory.
                            Corvette: 2021 HTC Z51 Elkhart Lake Blue, born 1/7/21
                            Porsche: 2001 911 Turbo Coupe, 2014 911 Turbo S

Comment

Originally posted by pfbz View Post

And dealers know that, which is another reason they get away with low trade offers...

Presumably you have already negotiated the C8 purchase price with the dealer, MSRP or otherwise. They have little incentive to offer you any premium for the trade in, and low wholesale is about all you can expect unless it is a car they particularly want in their inventory.
                              The price for the C8 is in stone forum dealer they only sell at MSRP. Your right don't have any negotiating power with the dealer.most likely will try too sell it myself

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X