Out of state purchase at MacMulkin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of state purchase at MacMulkin

I have a deposit in at MM for a C8.. Ive never purchased a vehicle out of state before, so Im curious to know how the steps work when the actual purchase comes in to play. I'll be preapproved from a major bank, or my local credit union. Ive been told the process is simple and smooth. I just wanna know how does the signing all the paperwork happens with the F&I guy goes? Are we doing all of this online, mailing, faxing, or what?

It is beyond simple. The top dealers have this down to the most efficient, simple process. I have p;rich asked new Corvettes from Kerbeck, MacMulkin and Criswell and every single time it went amazingly well. We need to realize that about 70% of all their sales are done this way so they have to have it work without any issues.

Sepcifics:

You wire money for the final payment to them.

They overnight a folder of papers FedEx to you.

You sign and return those papers to FedEx in time so they go out FedEx overnight the next business day.

They in turn send you a folder with copies of everything you need for your bank, DMV, state, etc.

Truly “easy-peasy.”

I spend twenty minutes total on the phone with F&I person — but part of that short amount of time was my saying to him up front, “I want nothing your wish to sell me as add ones, so if you wish to spend an hour of our time for no gain, feel free, but every single time I will respond “no thank you.” He tested me, and by the time I had said no thank you the third time, he realized I was dead serious and said, “so am I correct you do not want, a, b, c, d, e, f and g (all within 30 seconds), and I said “you are a smart and correct person let’s move on,” and so he did.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
      It is beyond simple. The top dealers have this down to the most efficient, simple process. I have p;rich asked new Corvettes from Kerbeck, MacMulkin and Criswell and every single time it went amazingly well. We need to realize that about 70% of all their sales are done this way so they have to have it work without any issues.

Sepcifics:

You wire money for the final payment to them.

They overnight a folder of papers FedEx to you.

You sign and return those papers to FedEx in time so they go out FedEx overnight the next business day.

They in turn send you a folder with copies of everything you need for your bank, DMV, state, etc.

Truly “easy-peasy.”

I spend twenty minutes total on the phone with F&I person — but part of that short amount of time was my saying to him up front, “I want nothing your wish to sell me as add ones, so if you wish to spend an hour of our time for no gain, feel free, but every single time I will respond “no thank you.” He tested me, and by the time I had said no thank you the third time, he realized I was dead serious and said, “so am I correct you do not want, a, b, c, d, e, f and g (all within 30 seconds), and I said “you are a smart and correct person let’s move on,” and so he did.
      How does it go if one is planning on financing through GM Financial? Through my own credit union is easy, I just get the wire moving, etc as you stated above but if through GM Financial is there a different procedure?

Comment

Last time I checked, GM loans have an application fee and also a prepayment charge. You may want to check into that as the APR is not the true cost of the loan with the other fees added in.
        3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

Comment

The folks at MM will walk you through the process. My suggestion would be to stay in touch with them along the way to get the ducks lined up. A large portion of their Corvette sales are not local to them, so they are pros in helping their customers. I sympathize with you, in that I wanted to start my process WAY ahead of time. John's advice to be prepared to sire the money is, IMO, the best way to go. When they asked for the money I wired it through my brokerage account and it was there almost immediately. Good luck. It will be very comfortable.
          Ceramic Gray Metallic Z51 w/TT interior Spec Grey Wheels

Comment

Originally posted by MrBluster View Post
            The folks at MM will walk you through the process. My suggestion would be to stay in touch with them along the way to get the ducks lined up. A large portion of their Corvette sales are not local to them, so they are pros in helping their customers. I sympathize with you, in that I wanted to start my process WAY ahead of time. John's advice to be prepared to sire the money is, IMO, the best way to go. When they asked for the money I wired it through my brokerage account and it was there almost immediately. Good luck. It will be very comfortable.
            i know my banks approval is for 60 days. So I guess I'll start the approval application at 4000 stage

Comment

We e-signed the documents from MacMulkin. Everything was done via phone, email and internet. It was my choice to mail a personal check for the initial deposit (easier for me), otherwise there were no physical documents exchanged. They emailed the temp tag to the courtesy delivery dealer but also sent me a copy via email, just in case. I’m sure they will be happy to explain how the financing part if it goes if getting a bank or credit Union loan, I wired the balance directly to them so I’m not sure how it works with a loan. Probably in a similar manner, once you sign all the documents with the bank they wire the money to MacMulkin, but again, I’m sure they will be happy to explain the process.

Edit: After reading ZoraC2 comment in post #10 it reminded me that MacMulkin did overnight the Certificate of Origin to me once they got it, which was about a week after I picked up the car. I needed that to title and register it.
              Last edited by 16falcon; 02-13-2021, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Just finished the paperwork with MM and car arrived in Houston at a courtesy dealer. I secured my own financing, sent the funds, they sent the paperwork, signed, returned, and done (the also do esign). As noted above, they have the process down and the head of the Corvette team personally gets involved if there is any issues (yeah Mark!!). Can't say enough about him and his team (was on the phone with him today). You are in goods hands.

Comment

All the above is true, but I had to stay on my out of state dealer. This dealer is one of the largest Corvette sellers. I had the money wired to them in plenty of time, but with a weekend in the loop, things did not go as smoothly as it could have. I signed and returned the paperwork on a Tuesday via Fedex. On my way to the museum on Monday (600 plus mile trip), I called the museum just to make sure they had received my paperwork (bill of sale and temp tag) and they had not; this was a simple email. Had to call the dealer, and of course my sales person was off. Got the manager and explained everything to him. It was about six hours later I was copied on an email to the museum with what they needed for me to take possession of my car the next day. High stress for a little while. One thing that did go smoothly was transferring my vanity plate from my old vette to the new one. The dealer did great on that one.
                  I did get the feel from the museum they would have taken care of things if I had not contacted them prior to coming. My liaison indicated dealers did this quite often. I for one, was not taking any chances though.

Comment

My personal out of state purchase experience with MM went as smooth as can be. It was also my first out of state purchase. In fact it was one of the easiest car purchases I have ever made. Loan pre-approval is usually good for 30 days, MM will let you know as you get closer to delivery so you can time it right.

I e-signed for everything, obtained certified checks and overnighted them to the dealer. Got 1.9% from my credit union.
                    I also used MM delivery guy Mike (also very professional) enclosed carrier right to my front door.
                    Because of covid and delays at motor vehicle it was faster if I registered the car myself so they sent me the (Certificate of Origin) along with my car.
                    2020 C8 | 2LT | GKZ Torch Red | Z51 Performance Pckg | FE4 Mag Ride | J6F Red Caliper | C2Z Carbon Roof | AE4 Competition Seats | FA5 Carbon Interior | E60 Front Lift | ZZ3 Engine Appearance Pckg | 5ZU High Wing Spoiler | SPY Black Lug Nuts | 5JR Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps | VQK Front/Rear Splash Guards | RCC Red Engine Cover

Comment

I live in Hawaii and bought through MM, the process couldn't have been easier. They fedexed the documents to me, I signed them and sent them back, easy peasy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugolino View Post
                        I live in Hawaii and bought through MM, the process couldn't have been easier. They fedexed the documents to me, I signed them and sent them back, easy peasy.
                        Just curious, is it shipped to a local dealer by courtesy, is it the standard $1100.
                        Back in the late 70s I shipped a corvette from Florida to Hawaii. Crated the car with other stuff, about $3000 as I recall.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X