Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: TONS OF NEWS THIS WEEK

We've been doing Corvette news & headlines podcasts on CORVETTE TODAY since September 2020. I don't remember ever doing a news & headlines podcast with this much critical information packed into one podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/show/...ppfrkBCyZstwdl. This is a "must listen" to podcast. Here are a few of the topics covered in this episode....

1. Chevrolet confirms the introduction this Fall of the 2023 C8 Z06 with a new video release-and it sounds like a Ferrari
2. Corvette dominates sales in Q2 2021
3. Chevy dealerships have received their first 2022 C8 allocations
4. Callaway looks ahead to 2022 and the Callaway C8 Corvette
5. Right-hand drive C8 is revealed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK
6. New GT-3 spec C8.R expected in 2024
7. California will start failing cars with tuned ECU’s during smog checks
8. The National Corvette Museum delivers their 14,000th Corvette
9. A couple exchanges wedding vows before taking delivery of their C8 at the NCM
10. "Life in the Fast Lane" by The Eagles is a story of cocaine and a fast Corvette
11. Sigala Designs shows off a completed widebody kit for the C8
See more
See less

Dealer Mark-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is the dealer?

Comment

Originally posted by FoleyAMG View Post
      Call the GM of the Dealership and ask them to honor your order without charging the extra $10k. If they say no, request your deposit back and shop elsewhere.

Reality is you will likely take some loss on your 2020, just reality of buying/selling used cars...I would not chance it...

Find a dealer anywhere in the states, spend the extra $10 on a plane ticket and little vacation picking your car up from the Museum through a reputable dealer...

Just my two cents...

I went on autotrader and found 2020's & 2021's for over sticker, used with miles......There was one listed ay $160,000!!

Comment

Originally posted by DavidM View Post
        Who is the dealer?
        Nimnicht Chev, Jacksonville, FL.....

Comment

Originally posted by Broken Halo View Post
          Tell him to take your 2020 on trade for what you paid and mark it up 10K when he resells it, sell you the 2021 at MSRP, and call it even.
          That was my thought....What are the odds of moving my order to another dealer at this point?

Comment

There are dealers on this forum that sell MSRP. charlie aka cutnout

Comment

Yes but what are they actually selling for? I have seen one dealer attempting to sell a new 2020 2LT (vin number I think around 7700) for $40k over MSRP on Autotrader. They keep cutting the price. I think they are now at $15k over. Still sitting on the car. They were greedy and now have to keep dropping the price. They have been sitting on the car along time.

Originally posted by jmickfly View Post

I went on autotrader and found 2020's & 2021's for over sticker, used with miles......There was one listed ay $160,000!!

Comment

This is unrelated but kind of related:

When I was 21, I bought my 1st of several Harley’s. I had the local HD dealer perform some engine work, chrome some parts, paint the bike etc. The insurance paid for a large portion of it as the bike was involved in a wreck, however there was still maybe $1500 outstanding (my out of pocket costs for extra work I had done). At that time I had no credit. At that age, I never had credit, period. It was also during the month of June, prime riding time. I went to the dealer and asked to talk to the owner. I told him I had a problem, and was hoping he could help me with my problem. I said I cannot afford to pick the bike up today, but wanted to know if we could arrange a payment schedule so the dealership still gets $$$ and I can still enjoy the riding season. He asked me how much I could afford each month, I told him $200. He told me make it $175 so I still got beer $$ lol. No contracts. No legalese. We sealed the deal with my word and a hand shake. Old School.

How’d I thank that dealership? Over the next 30 years, I purchased 6 more brand new HD’s from them, two of which were custom orders. Never had a bad word to say about them. Free (word of mouth) advertising for them too.

Moral of the Story: Trust & Integrity go a lot further than greed & stupidity (stupidity of dealers, not customers). These dealers may, or most probably will, lose lifetime customers.
                Last edited by hogyld; 02-10-2021, 09:13 PM. Reason: Edited for clarification of intended audience.
                07/01/20 Deposit @ VanBortels on 2021 C8 Coupe; 08/01/20 Prelim Order Status 1100; 01/21/21 Final Order Status 2000; 01/27/21 Status 3000; 03/06/21 Status 3300 (TPW 03/22/21); 03/16/21 Status 3400; 03/22/21 Status 3800; 03/23/21 Status 4B00; 03/26/21 Status 4D00: Status 4200; 04/02/21; 04/06/21 Status 5000; 2LT Coupe; GMO; DSZ; Q8Q; HTA; AQ9; E60; FE2; NPP; ERI

”I’m not the best in town, but I’m the best, until the best comes around“

Comment

Asking price isn't the same as selling price, however. That guy will never get that price. There was someone who listed on for over $1 million. He'll never get that, either.
                  Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

That was my thought....What are the odds of moving my order to another dealer at this point?
                    Moving your order? None, nada, zero zilch. If you go to a different dealer, you're starting over.
                    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

That’s where this forum and more specifically, John, had saved my rear end. Prior to my finding this forum, I placed $$ down as a deposit. After which, John had communicated with me about MSRP (not a ¢ more), guaranteed in writing, consensus and allocation. Fortunately for me, I lucked out, as my dealer was the largest Corvette Dealer in NY State. But I verified with my dealer that the same guidelines applied and with a signed agreement. In a way, it’s common sense, but it’s also easy to go about it as just another ordinary automobile purchase but, if anything, the C8 has proved itself to be anything. BUT, ordinary.
                      07/01/20 Deposit @ VanBortels on 2021 C8 Coupe; 08/01/20 Prelim Order Status 1100; 01/21/21 Final Order Status 2000; 01/27/21 Status 3000; 03/06/21 Status 3300 (TPW 03/22/21); 03/16/21 Status 3400; 03/22/21 Status 3800; 03/23/21 Status 4B00; 03/26/21 Status 4D00: Status 4200; 04/02/21; 04/06/21 Status 5000; 2LT Coupe; GMO; DSZ; Q8Q; HTA; AQ9; E60; FE2; NPP; ERI

”I’m not the best in town, but I’m the best, until the best comes around“

Comment

What dealer should I contact? I can wait for a 2022 ...even it it ends up as a Z06 or e-vette?

Comment

Contact MacMulkin. They will have you a car by the end of summer or fall for MSRP, and they don’t even charge any documentary fees, just MSRP plus tax and plate. It is also my understanding they sell the Chevrolet warranty that makes your 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty a 5/60 bumper to bumper warranty (matching the powertrain warranty) for close to cost, and the best price of anyone around.

Comment

Update, My car is at 3000....I will get a 21, so I hope someone buys my 20' so I don't end up trading it in.

Comment

I think when owners flip the car for a profit it gives the dealers some justification for adding mark-ups. I don’t agree with it and I would never pay it, but I kind of see their point. It’s one reason I won’t be flipping my own car and getting a 2022. Not only do I want to hang on to the one I ordered, I don’t want to get involved in that whole circle.

I remember when the Honda S2000 came out in 2000. They were selling for about $75,000 in the Pacific Northwest and in western Pennsylvania, over $50,000, a $20,000 mark up. Years later they were giving them away and no one wanted them, and that 2000 model your car was not worth any more than it would have been had it sold at MSRP. Same with the Miata in 1990.

Comment

I'm so happy to find a corvette community as awesome as this. Thank you!! I'm desperately seeking guidance in my C8 car search here. Is there any dealership in the United States that's selling 2021 C8 2LT or 3LT coupe at or below MSRP? I'm financially prepared to pay MSRP right now however, according to all of the west coast, I'm 20 - 30K short? Why are So-Cal dealerships price hiking 20 -30K over MSRP?? If I have to fly somewhere for a fare deal, I will get plane fare and fly-out today.

Thank you for any and all advise friends.🤞🤞

Sincerely,

Dennis W.
                                Palmdale CA.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X