Dealer Mark-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealer Mark-up

I just received a call from my dealer. He told me "They found out some customers flipped their C8 for a profit and now they added a $10K addendum!!?" Anyone have any suggestions?

That sucks. Do you have a written purchase agreement with them for MSRP?
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

That is a personal decision and with the long wait for the car, it is a hard one. Personally, I would rather do business with an honest dealer than get the car earlier. But, it would be a long wait. If you walk on the car, you will not be hurting the dealer, they will sell it quickly. So, IMO, it comes down to do you want to deal with that person / dealer.
      Rick, Charlotte, NC
      Current: 2019 GS, Shadow Grey Metalic, Modified

Next: 2021 Arctic White HTC, Z51, two tone red 3LT, mag ride, front end lift, carbon flash roof and nacelles, 5VM splitter and side skirts painted carbon flash, Vossen HF-3 black wheels, PPF and ceramic, lowering kit, window tint. Status 3000 with Feb allocation

Comment

I would be on the computer trying to find an alternative dealer who can get you a car-and allow you to tell that first dealer where to let that car reside.
        Ceramic Gray Metallic Z51 w/TT interior Spec Grey Wheels

Comment

I have an order at the dealer so no buyers order yet and I am not in a hurry because I have my 2020 in the garage. Should I just pay the 10K and mark up my 2020 to even it out?

Comment

Originally posted by jmickfly View Post
            I just received a call from my dealer. He told me "They found out some customers flipped their C8 for a profit and now they added a $10K addendum!!?" Anyone have any suggestions?
            Call him an _____ and get your deposit back.
            Last edited by John; 02-09-2021, 08:35 PM. Reason: Language unacceptable for this forum even if the dealership is acting egregiously, without any integrity.
            2021 HTC Deposit placed 10/24/21-

Comment

Originally posted by Ea327 View Post
              Call him an a hole and get your deposit back.
              These cars are getting so popuar we're going to need the SCC to Regulate the Sales
              [2021 2LT-Z51-HTC-Red Mist-Carbon Flash Nacelles-Mirrors-Spoiler][GT2 Sky Cool Grey 2-Tone Torch Red Belts][E60 - FE4 - RC8]
              [Current 1999 C5 Z51 Magnetic Red Coupe]

Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

Call the GM of the Dealership and ask them to honor your order without charging the extra $10k. If they say no, request your deposit back and shop elsewhere.

Reality is you will likely take some loss on your 2020, just reality of buying/selling used cars...I would not chance it...

Find a dealer anywhere in the states, spend the extra $10 on a plane ticket and little vacation picking your car up from the Museum through a reputable dealer...

Just my two cents...

Comment

I would go above your sales person to not let him do this to you. Talk to someone in charge of the dealership. And at the end if they don't want to honor the MSRP build go public with it because that's just wrong ! I know they are still making money with out the up charge. But greed is evil !

Comment

It is your money to burn. If you paid it though you play right into the hand of the dealer. If the understanding was you were buying at MSRP, I would walk and tell the dealer to kiss my a___! If you did not have an understanding at MSRP then you should have gotten a written document at the front end specifying MSRP if you wanted it at MSRP and it is your fault for not getting an understanding of the transaction in writing. So you could chalk it up to your bad business decision and YOU should buy the car if you have the money to burn. I have money to burn and I would NEVER pay over MSRP but that is just me. Your money--burn it as you wish!

I have an order at the dealer so no buyers order yet and I am not in a hurry because I have my 2020 in the garage. Should I just pay the 10K and mark up my 2020 to even it out?

Comment

I love capitalism and all, it’s what makes businesses competitive. But, if it were me, I’d go find another dealer who’s not unscrupulous, get a written purchase agreement with that other dealer, get your deposit back from the greedy dealer and give him a big old fashioned “Foxtrot Yankee” hand shake. 🙈

I so hate hearing stories like this. Makes my blood boil.
                      07/01/20 Deposit @ VanBortels on 2021 C8 Coupe; 08/01/20 Prelim Order Status 1100; 01/21/21 Final Order Status 2000; 01/27/21 Status 3000; 03/06/21 Status 3300 (TPW 03/22/21); 03/16/21 Status 3400; 03/22/21 Status 3800; 03/23/21 Status 4B00; 03/26/21 Status 4D00: Status 4200; 04/02/21; 04/06/21 Status 5000; 2LT Coupe; GMO; DSZ; Q8Q; HTA; AQ9; E60; FE2; NPP; ERI

”I’m not the best in town, but I’m the best, until the best comes around“

Comment

If you are selling yours why are you buying another one? Profit ??
                        Rocket City Florida

Comment

Frenzy36 “If you are selling yours why are you buying another one? Profit ??”

Even if a private seller has purchased & received one C8 (2020), then orders another C8 (2021), selling the former C8 at a profit, is wholly different on multiple magnitudes as compared to a Corvette Dealer, talking out both sides of their buttocks, in order to nail their sale, at any cost to, make a quick $10,000, $15,000, or possibly even more profit for every C8 they sell. Said a different way, a $5000 or $10,000 profit from a private seller is peanuts as compared to an extra $100,000, $200,000 or more profit using the good old “Foxtrot Yankee” method of sales.

Even if the private seller is trying to make a lil profit, so what. I’m sure he’s not telling the public that he’ll sell it to them for say $85000, then when a potential purchaser brings them an $85,000 check, tells them that due to demand, the price went up an additional 10 Grand. We need not forget that there are many unscrupulous Corvette Dealers throughout North America, doing this exact thing. I don’t begrudge the little guy trying to make a few extra bucks, but the Corvette Dealer’s with multi million dollar inventories trying to make an extra million or two by playing these games, they’ve got no integrity and would lose a lifetime customer in me for doing so.

But hey, that’s just my opinion, others may disagree with me and that’s their right, and I wouldn’t begrudge them for doing so either. 👍
                          Last edited by hogyld; 02-10-2021, 02:15 PM.
                          07/01/20 Deposit @ VanBortels on 2021 C8 Coupe; 08/01/20 Prelim Order Status 1100; 01/21/21 Final Order Status 2000; 01/27/21 Status 3000; 03/06/21 Status 3300 (TPW 03/22/21); 03/16/21 Status 3400; 03/22/21 Status 3800; 03/23/21 Status 4B00; 03/26/21 Status 4D00: Status 4200; 04/02/21; 04/06/21 Status 5000; 2LT Coupe; GMO; DSZ; Q8Q; HTA; AQ9; E60; FE2; NPP; ERI

”I’m not the best in town, but I’m the best, until the best comes around“

Comment

Tell him to take your 2020 on trade for what you paid and mark it up 10K when he resells it, sell you the 2021 at MSRP, and call it even.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark2021C8 View Post
                              It is your money to burn. If you paid it though you play right into the hand of the dealer. If the understanding was you were buying at MSRP, I would walk and tell the dealer to kiss my a___! If you did not have an understanding at MSRP then you should have gotten a written document at the front end specifying MSRP if you wanted it at MSRP and it is your fault for not getting an understanding of the transaction in writing.
                              Agreed...I wouldn't deal with those folks period!

'64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
                              '77 Black L82 / 4SPD
                              '78 Silver Anniversary L82 / 4SPD
                              '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
                              '14 Black Z51 Coupe
                              '15 Shark Grey Z51 Coupe
                              '20 ... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels - Delivered 10/1/20😀

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X