Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Keith Cornett & Steve Garrett Present The Latest C8 News

We are thrilled to say that this podcast begins year #2 for CORVETTE TODAY!  Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com teams up with your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, to keep you on top of what's going on in the world of Corvette.  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...il-2021-ev2565
Here are some of the topics covered in this podcast:
1.  April 2021 Constraints and Production Update – 11000 orders still to produce
3.  Zeus Bronze and Sebring Orange are now no longer available for order
3.  Corvette is the fastest selling new car for the 3rd month in a row!
4.  Corvette dominates Q1 sales with 51% marketshare
5.  Corvette has highest model loyalty in Luxury Sports Car segment
6. Sportscar 365 says GM Racing will make a decision on LMDH & GTD Pro in 45 days
7.  Digital Paint samples for three new 2022 colors revealed
8.  Tonowanda #1 Team Badges available for sale at Chevy Parts Counter
9.  Corvettes at Carlisle to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the ’96 Grand Sport
10.  Supercar Blondie is a fan of the C8 Corvette!
See more
See less

High wing spoiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marc NY View Post
    I have seen the Z51 spoiler taken off and the High Wing spoiler added into the same exact factory drilled holes.
    That’s what I did with my car. My car shipped with the Z51 spoiler b/c the high wing was delayed.
    Vin # 2539
    Torch Red LT2 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by robman66 View Post
      yes, I'm not going to wait for the spoiler. The question I have is, my car will have the Z51 spoiler. If I get the high wing spoiler later, does it have the same mounting pattern, or will new holes have to be drilled, and possibly holes plugged?
      Yes, 100% if you have the Z51 spoiler the High wing will fit the same exact holes. My High Wing was taken off my order so I ordered one and installed it mostly by myself with occasional help from my wife. There are certain points in the removal and install process where you need a second person to help you hold the rear bumper assembly.
      2020 C8 | 2LT | GKZ Torch Red | Z51 Performance Pckg | FE4 Mag Ride | J6F Red Caliper | C2Z Carbon Roof | AE4 Competition Seats | FA5 Carbon Interior | E60 Front Lift | ZZ3 Engine Appearance Pckg | 5ZU High Wing Spoiler | SPY Black Lug Nuts | 5JR Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps | VQK Front/Rear Splash Guards | RCC Red Engine Cover

Comment

Thanks. Is your high wing spoiler black or carbon fiber?

Comment

robman66 the high wing is in Black
          07/01/20 Deposit @ VanBortels on 2021 C8 Coupe; 08/01/20 Prelim Order Status 1100; 01/21/21 Final Order Status 2000; 01/27/21 Status 3000; 03/06/21 Status 3300 (TPW 03/22/21); 03/16/21 Status 3400; 03/22/21 Status 3800; 03/23/21 Status 4B00; 03/26/21 Status 4D00: Status 4200; 04/02/21; 04/06/21 Status 5000; 2LT Coupe; GMO; DSZ; Q8Q; HTA; AQ9; E60; FE2; NPP; ERI

”I’m not the best in town, but I’m the best, until the best comes around“

Comment

Thanks. Is your high wing spoiler black or carbon fiber?
            Are you asking about the carbon FLASH or a carbon FIBER one? The OEM one that you could order before IIRC was only plastic, but you could get it in carbon flash, black and a few other colors.

We were in the same boat... allocation came up and no high wing option, but we wanted it, so I contacted one of the MECF vendors and it's waiting to be shipped to the NCM for installation when the car gets built.

Brian Huber
            Previous Corvettes
            2002 Z06 - SCCA autocross car - 58SSR ( Sold 4/20 )
            2003 Vert - Wife's stress relief/therapy car ( Sold 7/20 )

2021 Coupe Black #6936 - Natural two-tone. 2LT, Mag-ride, NPP, Edge Red Calipers. NCM delivery ( Status 3000 as of 1/11/21 , 3300 as of 2/16/21, 3400 as of 3/9/21, 3800 as of 3/15/21, NCM Delivery 3/29)

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Mine is black. You can always paint it. My car will be silver/ black.

Comment

Well I went and placed my final order. There were a few constraints. Lighted sills, which we all knew. The high wing spoiler. The carbon fibre grill inserts. The black trident wheels. And the one I was really bummed about was the black rocker extensions. I was hoping for those.
                  I guess I’ll have to get the high wing spoiler and rocker extensions as aftermarkets.
                  I can’t believe GM hasn’t sorted out their supply chain for these components yet. It’s not like they are only a month into production.

Comment

I understand your frustration. Everyone however in every aspect of manufacture is still experience Covid supply issues. Four months out on appliances for new houses — if you can get them. My friend thebuilder was telling his new home customers last week “we may start you out with a Traeger and a cooler — on us if we can not get them for you in time.”

Same length of time for getting a couch. Took us three months to get window blinds for our new house, two months for a simple 12’x12” carpet. Doors and door locks, especially fire doors are an issue too

And way more important, my daughter (a nurse) and a friend in medical supply are both experiencing continued massive problems in getting some medical supplies — and not even just the ones needed for Covid.

We can be unhappy if we choose, or we can breathe and know we will get what we want over time and as you suggested from A/M
                    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Yep, and those high wings are available thru a multitude of vendors, so you can always work out with your dealer the install factored into your purchase, or in the case of NCM deilvery, talk to Shane and they will do it for a flat fee.

The aftermarket is a plenty with options too. We didn't order the rocker pieces , as we'll just plasti-dip those areas nice and thick and they will stay protected.

Hang in there!
                      Brian Huber
                      Previous Corvettes

2021 Coupe Black #6936 - Natural two-tone. 2LT, Mag-ride, NPP, Edge Red Calipers. NCM delivery ( Status 3000 as of 1/11/21 , 3300 as of 2/16/21, 3400 as of 3/9/21, 3800 as of 3/15/21, NCM Delivery 3/29)

Comment

Aftermarket works on most things too. In my case, I didn’t want to settle with an A/M High Wing. As such, I simply ordered it from Chevrolet.com almost two weeks ago. Originally, I ordered it in black, changed my mind, then ordered it in Carbon Flash. As of today, they have multiple colors available. The Carbon Flash is a much better match too with my 21 Rapid Blue C8 Coupe, that I have yet to receive. 🙁
                        07/01/20 Deposit @ VanBortels on 2021 C8 Coupe; 08/01/20 Prelim Order Status 1100; 01/21/21 Final Order Status 2000; 01/27/21 Status 3000; 03/06/21 Status 3300 (TPW 03/22/21); 03/16/21 Status 3400; 03/22/21 Status 3800; 03/23/21 Status 4B00; 03/26/21 Status 4D00: Status 4200; 04/02/21; 04/06/21 Status 5000; 2LT Coupe; GMO; DSZ; Q8Q; HTA; AQ9; E60; FE2; NPP; ERI

”I’m not the best in town, but I’m the best, until the best comes around“

Comment

we ordered ours in carbon flash as well, since the boomerangs will be like that it will compliment that well on the black car to break it up a little.

Brian Huber
                          Previous Corvettes

Comment

There is one for sale in the member marketplace if someone is looking for a high wing... 😎

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...d-carbon-flash

Comment

Just a note for anyone not aware. If you're a GM employee or retiree you can order your High Wing Spoiler (or other parts) through the Chevy dealer and get a 10% discount. I don't know if all Chevy dealers do this but all that I've dealt with have. Doesn't hurt to ask. I just ordered a High Wing and the price was $995, but I got $100 off with free delivery to the dealership for me to pick up.

Comment

Well I went and placed my final order. There were a few constraints. Lighted sills, which we all knew. The high wing spoiler. The carbon fibre grill inserts. The black trident wheels. And the one I was really bummed about was the black rocker extensions. I was hoping for those.
                                I guess I’ll have to get the high wing spoiler and rocker extensions as aftermarkets.
                                I can’t believe GM hasn’t sorted out their supply chain for these components yet. It’s not like they are only a month into production.
                                Let me know if you want the black rocker extensions. I ordered a set last year and then decided to put on the full carbon fiber painted carbon flash ground affects instead. The set I have is brand new OEM rockers from GM, (never been installed and is still in the factory box with all the installation hardware and templates). PM me if interested.

Here is the link to the for sale ad: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...and-new-in-box
                                My Tactics Instructor use to say "it doesn't matter what you carry....but you can never have enough ammo".

Cars 1973 Camaro RS RestoMod (LSX454) if I ever finish, 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT (was my Dad's car, lots of sentimental meaning), 2012 Hennessey HPE600 Camaro Convertible, 2017 Camaro 50th Anniversary Convertible and I am looking forward to my first Corvette C8, just in time for my 50th.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X